SNOWBOARD SEASON 2009/2010

I went to Sierra last week and the snow was alright. I've been snowboarding like 6 times and I'm still haven't gotten the hang of it yet.

Originally Posted by LORENander

Originally Posted by Degenerate423

not sure if anyone checks this thread still, but i'm trying to go snowboarding within the next few weeks and i'm not really sure what place i should go to being that i'm a beginner, but i was thinking maybe sierra or somewhere close to tahoe because i live around sacramento. also, how much would it be for the lift ticket and to rent a board and boots? thanks...

sugar bowl is supposedly the closest resort from the bay area. i liked it there a lot, but some of the beginner runs were hard to learn on because some of the trails were too flat to gain any momentum. i went to sierra a few weeks ago and the beginner slopes are decent, but it was pretty crowded out there. in my experience going to a tahoe resort on the weekend meant a lot of heads.

but, i went to dodge ridge out in pinecrest yesterday (some random place roughly 2.5 hrs away from tracy) and there weren't too many people. beginner trails are pretty good out there, theyre all next to each other, and theres plenty of room to practice.

lift tickets can go from 49-59, but you can check snowbomb.com or your local lucky/safeway and see if they have any discount tickets. as far as rentals go at resorts, they can vary from 30-40 for the board/boots/bindings package, but i stopped at a nearby mom-and-pop rental shop about 10 minutes away from the resort and they saved about 10 bucks, so i suggest renting outside of the resort if you can.

hey good looking out on the information. i'll probably check out dodge ridge then, i heard north star was good for beginners? not too sure though...

Anybody know where they sell LRG gear in the bay? Been looking everywhere online, I must be bad at this, can't find anything.

Deeek, only LRG boarding gear I've seen was the Special Blend x LRG collabo gear.
Baked, no yowder this weekend, but a serious storm circuit should be hitting the Sierras tomorrow night, lasting through the week-next weekend's gonna be
pimp.gif

I rode Squaw today-awesome mountain, and the terrain park @ night was epic! Heading there in the AM too
happy.gif

Went snowboarding in Truckee about a week ago with a couple of friends. Tahoe Donner Ski Resort is a nice place to go for cheap with not that much peoplearound.

Went to Mt. Rose the other weekend. Pretty nice for a saturday.(I never go weekends) Snow was 'ok' and it wasn't crowded at all.

Norfstar tomorrow!!! I moved my bindings back a little bit in anticipation of all the yowder
pimp.gif

Where are all the season pass holders?

Best snow of the season today @ Northstar
tongue.gif

Did anyone else ride today? I heard last night was crazy on I80, a bunch of accidents and terrible traffic.

I went snowboarding at northstar a couple years ago, I like that place. This weekend I'm goin to dodge ridge for the weekend to go snowboarding. I can't wait!!!

yes Northstar is always fun! I rode Sierra this past Sunday, while considerably smaller than Northstar, Squaw etc. it was still challenging and unique. I'm taking a break for a couple weekends but I'm pretty sure I'll be up on Monday the 15th
smile.gif
anyone else gonna be @ Northstar then?

just got home a awhile ago from a weekend at dodge ridge. after snowboarding all day, i def need to buy a season pass!!!!! Weather was perfect and not too busy.

^^^^ good looking out to the updates everyone posted. needed those
laugh.gif
Originally Posted by PWalrus

yesNorthstar is always fun! I rode Sierra this past Sunday, whileconsiderably smaller than Northstar, Squaw etc. it was stillchallenging and unique. I'm taking a break for a couple weekends butI'm pretty sure I'll be up on Monday the 15th
smile.gif
anyone else gonna be @ Northstar then?

probably gonna be up at northstar or dodge ridge the weekend of feb. 20-21st depending on how the weather/snow is...

Back
Top Bottom