Snorting a brain chemical may replace sleep

eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

F that SON IM GETTING MY GUNS READY!!!

THIS IS SOME ZOMBIE TYPE$$$%$*.

*Makes fort out of the basement

I think I'll stick with good old fashioned SLEEP! This sounds like one of those wonder drugs that will be recalled because of all sorts of terrible sideeffects.

If this helps people with sleep deprivation that's great, but they definitely shouldn't try to market this as a "replacement for sleep." Youmay be able keep your brain awake, but the rest of your body needs rest every night. Without it your body will literally shut down and you will die. I'mnot trying to be dramatic, but that's the honest truth.

I was finna say been there done that, but then I realized that this was about somethin else. But this is still old news, I figured NT would've been on topof this by now

The article states it restores the ability to be AS functional as when having a good night's sleep. Your body needs REM sleep and there's no possibleway of restoring/healing your body with one snort (pardon my usage) instead of 6-9 solid hours of sleep.

Great sci-fi book called "Beggers in Spain" like this about humans genetically engineering children who didn't require sleep. They progressed atsuch a faster rate than their siblings that people eventually became scared of them and they were forced to migrate to the moon to escape persecution. Justsaying...

Oh and if I could never sleep, I would take that drug all day... Side effects be damned. If I didn't sleep six hours a night I would do some amazingthings. Well actually get high and play video games probably, but either way you know?

all it does is give you focus, not replace sleep. This will be used in the work place.

Well, in the article it said that it could help patients with narcolepsy...plus pilots in the military are already being given amphetamines for longflights...this is probably better for the body than amphetamines. It's not saying it's going to replace sleep.

Originally Posted by MastaAce718

When is it going to hit the streets?
i doubt it'll ever be over the counter, people would probably abuse it causing long term effects that aren't known yet to researchers.

Back
Top Bottom