Snack and food products using cheaper ingredients unappreciation.

Hershey's
Doritos,
Hot Pockets, etc.

Just aren't the same anymore. They are clearly using cheaper and cheaper substitutes for their ingredients. I don't know how I'm going to live anymore. :smh:

da feel when you buy a bag of chips and the chips are only 1/3 of the bag.

How about frosted flakes man. When I was kid those things were like sugar crack. The ones out now taste like it was neutered or something to prevent that joy from consuming pure sugar.

Marie Callender's Chicken Pot Pies used to be so damn delicious.

I ate one the other they and it was horrible and way smaller than it used to be

which in this case was a good thing... 
mean.gif

Last edited:
I think you guys are just becoming more discretionary with your tastes.
This.

Your taste buds mature as you get older.That's why steak suddenly becomes delicious around age 13-14.

Kid was really angry that *FROSTED FLAKES* aren't sweet enough? 
eek.gif
laugh.gif

Hot pockets taste nasty now.. Compare to the old ingredients.. Hot pockets used to be my go to food..

Can't say I blame them. Its either that or raise prices dramatically.

they already raise the prices while making them taste like crap thoo.. >D

look at the price of chips compared to 10 years ago, aint nothing change. potato prices arent that different. your paying more and getting less. makes sense..

Eggo waffles taste like cardboard these days :x i can't stand them anymore

noticed this a few months ago :smh:

use to be crack years ago, havent consumed them in awhile and noticed my mom still bought them. put them in the toaster... jesus how bad it tasted :smh: no matter how much syrup i put on them it was just horrible. I remember they were so good that i would eat them without syrup.

Can't say I blame them. Its either that or raise prices dramatically.

they already raise the prices while making them taste like crap thoo.. >D

look at the price of chips compared to 10 years ago, aint nothing change. potato prices arent that different. your paying more and getting less. makes sense..

I don't think it's potato prices, seeing we altered the potato and it's method of farming in the part ten years, it went from one potato = 1 cup of small fries, to 1 potato = A large fry through genetic altercations. And huge, HUGE plots of land are dedicated potatoes. It's not the potato at fault here, it's the transportation. Gas prices have skyrocketed, which is what makes things so expensive.

The price to grow, process, and pack food is lower than ever. The price to ship that out. :wow:

I don't think it's potato prices, seeing we altered the potato and it's method of farming in the part ten years, it went from one potato = 1 cup of small fries, to 1 potato = A large fry through genetic altercations. And huge, HUGE plots of land are dedicated potatoes. It's not the potato at fault here, it's the transportation. Gas prices have skyrocketed, which is what makes things so expensive.

The price to grow, process, and pack food is lower than ever. The price to ship that out. :wow:

Inflation is also a factor.

What cost $4 in 2002 would cost $5.06 in 2012.

Also, if you were to buy exactly the same products in 2012 and 2002,
they would cost you $4 and $3.15 respectively.

Lil debbie cakes have been consistent since i was small.

Price and flavor.

Back
Top Bottom