SMACKDOWN VS RAW 2009 Thread (Releases November 9)

The came is coming out in a couple of weeks and they hasn't been any mention of the WWE Legends they usually have in thegame.

Anyone know if they are gonna have WWE Legends?

Originally Posted by TannerVon

the amount of wrestlers is ridiculous.
but if it's anything like last year were you couldn't use half the roster in season mode, what's the point?

and there are NO legends on this game. none, zero. all of the legends will be on an upcoming game entitled legends of wrestlemania.

I think it will have online play. There are videos of downloadable characters on one of the YouTube links.

Wrestlezone.com wrote:
If you pre-order WWE's SmackDown vs. RAW 2009 video game from Wal-Mart's website, you get an exclusive code to unlock Layla, The Boogeyman, Tazz, Snitsky and Vince McMahon.

And some of the soundtrack:

I used to be a huge wrestling fan back in the day and copped every THQ wrestling game for N64 but I'm not a fan of what THQ has done to the genre over thepast 5 years or so. The last wrestling game I played was the one made after Smackdown HTCP. The complicated controls have taken away from the fun of the game.I liked it better when you could just grapple your opponent and then perform a move, now you've got to press like 6 buttons to complete a finisher.Speaking of finishers, I hate how back on PS2 you had to perform your finisher like 3 times in order to get a pinfall. I also hated how when you were beingheld in a submission move you had to break your thumb by tapping the controller 300x in order to grab onto the ropes. They should just make it difficult toland a finisher but once you manage to pull it off, you get the pinfall.

and for real, this is 2008, i should not be playing a button masher. this ain't snes. step it up thq.

i'm not paying 60$ for this rehashed product.

Another rent worthy.. having no legends doesnt help either.. SMH

I almost forgot they'll be releasing this in a week..

Alot of dudes in this post clearly haven't been keeping up with the info on this game... it's more indepth than any other game and has way morecharacters who all look pretty good... i'm one of those dudes who is always on the negative side of things when it comes to SvR... but even i must admit,they did their thing with this game... i will definitely be coppin'...

got the the game....its fun.......imo major improvement over last year's

i kinda dont like that when you hit a finisher the glass shatters
laugh.gif

seems like a dope game.

I saw some reviews saying it was better than both HCTP and No Mercy..kinda bold. Still coppin though.

wrestling games need to go back to N64 game engine, WCW/NWO Revenge is thee greatest wrestling game.

Originally Posted by bamez

WCW/NWO Revenge is thee greatest wrestling game.

I still got that game
pimp.gif

Some codes too:
PlayAsJillianHallSVR

PlayAsRicFlairSVR

SatNightMainEventSVR

UnlockECWDivaLayla09

UnlockSnitskySvR2009

UnlockECWTazzSVR2009

VinceMcMahonNoChance

BoogeyManEatsWorms!!

HornswoggleAsmanager

AltJerichoModelSVR09

And by doing Cena's Road to WM, you get...

(Pics are kind of big, so Ill post the links)

http://i169.photobucket.c...u224/bklivewire23/TTT.jpg

http://i169.photobucket.c...224/bklivewire23/TTT2.jpg

http://i169.photobucket.c...224/bklivewire23/TTT3.jpg

Originally Posted by Mr DragonFly Jones

I saw some reviews saying it was better than both HCTP and No Mercy..kinda bold. Still coppin though.
Bold as All hell
laugh.gif

I'm going to pick this up tomorrow. Gonna be my first wrestling game since SVR06.

Originally Posted by DMasta718

Originally Posted by Mr DragonFly Jones

Bold as All hell
laugh.gif

I'm going to pick this up tomorrow. Gonna be my first wrestling game since SVR06.
I haven't bought a SvR game since '06 too. Dunno about this one yet.

Off topic but, Mr DragonFly Jones, nice avy. Battle Royale =
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom