Slaughterhouse "House Rules" Mixtape **OUT NOW**

Tape is dope but I can do without hearing Emanny, I hear him enough on Joeys projects :smh:

This tape is great. Love that it has no Eminem influence. This is the path they need to stay on.

Been listening since the morning, each track has been played between 10-25 times already :lol:

SLAUGHTERHOUSE >

It amazes me how all four of these guys continue to get better. Royce definitely ain't playing and I've never been a huge Joell fan but he eating and ain't sounding as animated as he usually does. They really sound like a stronger version of the group from the first album which was :pimp:

^ Yea man, Offshore was on straight repeat this morning...my fav. track on the tape right now.

This is tough

Offshore is crack. Too much **** i relate to on there from the Royce drinking to Joe's women problems

I'm only 6 tracks in and Royce bringing the heat on the opener and on keep it 100....offshore playing as i type.

edit 1 of many:  Crooked on offshore 
nthat.gif
 (the homeless talk...damb homie).  Royce admitting em could have doubled in sales if he wasn't on bad vs evil 
tired.gif
 sad but true man even though i thought royce out shined em on a lot of that tape, the alcoholic talk is too real.  Joey comes correct too (his adlibs need to end...that background yelling is annoying) "i got ruined in my youth when the first one got the best of me" TOO REALL

Last edited:
I'm only 6 tracks in and Royce bringing the heat on the opener and on keep it 100....offshore playing as i type.

edit 1 of many:  Crooked on offshore :nthat:  (the homeless talk...damb homie).  Royce admitting em could have doubled in sales if he wasn't on bad vs evil |I  sad but true man even though i thought royce out shined em on a lot of that tape, the alcoholic talk is too real.  Joey comes correct too (his adlibs need to end...that background yelling is annoying) "i got ruined in my youth when the first one got the best of me" TOO REALL

Quotables FOR DAYS.

I've never liked ANYTHING Joell Ortiz has ever spit. I always thought that his style was too tongue in cheek/corny but not only did I LIKE "In The City" I had to run it back. TWICE. It's the illest thing i've ever heard Joell Ortiz on.

The direction on this is much better, unfortunately there isn't much "entertainment" value outside of the quotables. I'm not looking for Our House, but I'm just hoping for the same sound as this tape but stronger hooks and concepts.

That it was cool. Didn't think it was that special, but solid. Glad they departed from what was on their album. This fits them more.

I've never liked ANYTHING Joell Ortiz has ever spit. I always thought that his style was too tongue in cheek/corny but not only did I LIKE "In The City" I had to run it back. TWICE. It's the illest thing i've ever heard Joell Ortiz on.

Word?

Not even

View media item 986863

That it was cool. Didn't think it was that special, but solid. Glad they departed from what was on their album. This fits them more.

Word?

Not even

View media item 986863

This was a VERY good album, and currently his best solo wise. His 2nd album was cool, but not nearly what his 1st was.

I've listened to these here and there too, but haven't heard either in awhile
View media item 986962View media item 986963View media item 986964

In hindsight I see how that comes off as a dismissal of Joell Ortiz, what I should have said is I recognize that he can definitely rap, but he just missed me with his projects.

This joint really has grown on me this past couple days, I've been listening to it pretty intently.

Above all else though, I'm glad to hear someone other than Royce kicking off every song.

Royce is my favorite rapper but I like to see them mix it up a little.

How is this only 2 pages long.  Every joint on here nice.  These dudes epitomize real rap. I just dont  understand how the masses havent recognized the talent these dudes have.

Sorry for bumping an old thread but I was cutting grass this morning jamming to this and felt a need to see if NT gave em any love. Unfortunately not i see.

This Crooked I joint in particular hits me hard.  Played it about 15 times this morning 
mean.gif
pimp.gif

This dude Crooked 
sick.gif

I'm sure a lot of dudes can relate to this joint

The intro and trade it all are my JOINTS but i think i'ma have to relisten to this project again cause i feel like i missed some other gems.

This was a very good tape. So much content and substance, and the beats fit the mood of every song. Even though this doesn't have any songs that could be somewhat considered singles (like they're first album), this could have easily replaced their 2nd album.

Back
Top Bottom