SLAMDUNKSPACE, AIR RANDY, JAY - WHATS THE DEAL WHEN IT COMES TO JORDANS???

Originally Posted by KingKickz

Hey guys Im new to the site but I noticed the interesting dialogue going on. Let me take a moment to introduce a new idea that I have been researching on for years. Remember, these major brands contract international manufacturers to produce their products. But since that fiasco in the 2000's with the workers and contractors and wages dealing with Nike, a lot of their manufacturers servered their relationship with Nike and was paid off.

Well, they still have the technology, equipment, knowledge, and labor to produce Nike goods but here's the kick, they don't have to abide by the strict contractural agreement that Nike imposes. Also, there are no copyright infringement laws in China prohibiting them from manufacturing and selling there. It has created a small underground economy that has been flooded by the selling of fakes and knockoffs.

However, there are companies who have official branded products that are recognizably identical, they just aren't certified. As long as there is a reasonable release period of these shoes and the craftenship of these manufacturers stays consistent, no one here will ever know, nor will they care to know, and you just might come across a legit ethical business like Jay and Randy. It takes money to make money and the name of the game is pay as you play. Hope this helps out a little and stirs up some thoughts and ideas guys.
that sounds official, thanks for dropping knowledge
grin.gif

Originally Posted by KingKickz

Hey guys Im new to the site but I noticed the interesting dialogue going on. Let me take a moment to introduce a new idea that I have been researching on for years. Remember, these major brands contract international manufacturers to produce their products. But since that fiasco in the 2000's with the workers and contractors and wages dealing with Nike, a lot of their manufacturers servered their relationship with Nike and was paid off.

Well, they still have the technology, equipment, knowledge, and labor to produce Nike goods but here's the kick, they don't have to abide by the strict contractural agreement that Nike imposes. Also, there are no copyright infringement laws in China prohibiting them from manufacturing and selling there. It has created a small underground economy that has been flooded by the selling of fakes and knockoffs.

However, there are companies who have official branded products that are recognizably identical, they just aren't certified. As long as there is a reasonable release period of these shoes and the craftenship of these manufacturers stays consistent, no one here will ever know, nor will they care to know, and you just might come across a legit ethical business like Jay and Randy. It takes money to make money and the name of the game is pay as you play. Hope this helps out a little and stirs up some thoughts and ideas guys.
that sounds official, thanks for dropping knowledge
grin.gif

^So what your are saying is that the companies no longer have contracts with Nike but still use the molds and other materials to make the shoes....? Again let me get this straight, Those companies can use a mold for the 2001 WC 3's and get the 2011 WC 3's look, shape and feel...lol. WRONG.

I have said it before and i guess I will repeat it.

The companies that produce for Nike have problems, those problems in production are called B-Grades. When there is a issue with a shoe Nike's practice is to remove that shoe plus 100 produced before it and 100 after it. so thats a total of 201 shoes, those usually end up being recycled or at places like TJ-Max or other Outlet stores depending on how bad the defect is and how far along the build is. The pairs we most likely see are the early release pairs, which are bought from Nike. No one really know the amount people like Air-Randy pay for B-Grades, but believe me, considering how much he sell them for, I would imagine around retail.

Do you all notice the size sticker on the insole? They get that after they pass inspection, B-Grades never pass so thats why they never have it. I got all his info from people I have meet and just by asking questions. Air-Randy wouldn't tell me anything, lol

I used to work for one of the Big 3, (DCX) and they had the same exact practice for bumper cover molds. Defects were used for service repairs or scrapped. Service repairs actually made more profit than normal production and most of time the covers were not even painted.

^So what your are saying is that the companies no longer have contracts with Nike but still use the molds and other materials to make the shoes....? Again let me get this straight, Those companies can use a mold for the 2001 WC 3's and get the 2011 WC 3's look, shape and feel...lol. WRONG.

The companies that produce for Nike have problems, those problems in production are called B-Grades. When there is a issue with a shoe Nike's practice is to remove that shoe plus 100 produced before it and 100 after it. so thats a total of 201 shoes, those usually end up being recycled or at places like TJ-Max or other Outlet stores depending on how bad the defect is and how far along the build is. The pairs we most likely see are the early release pairs, which are bought from Nike. No one really know the amount people like Air-Randy pay for B-Grades, but believe me, considering how much he sell them for, I would imagine around retail.

Do you all notice the size sticker on the insole? They get that after they pass inspection, B-Grades never pass so thats why they never have it. I got all his info from people I have meet and just by asking questions. Air-Randy wouldn't tell me anything, lol

I used to work for one of the Big 3, (DCX) and they had the same exact practice for bumper cover molds. Defects were used for service repairs or scrapped. Service repairs actually made more profit than normal production and most of time the covers were not even painted.

Originally Posted by TheShoeKing23

my playoffs 13 from rmk didnt have one. that explains the wiggle or un even sole i guess. then again, one i bought from ftl (white/red 13s, on RD) did too. and got the sz sticker.. its doesnt really bug me tho.. just tossin my 2 cents in.. this is gettin interesting,, thanks for the people who throwin their knowledge over here

my playoffs 13 from rmk didnt have one. that explains the wiggle or un even sole i guess. then again, one i bought from ftl (white/red 13s, on RD) did too. and got the sz sticker.. its doesnt really bug me tho.. just tossin my 2 cents in.. this is gettin interesting,, thanks for the people who throwin their knowledge over here

When there is a issue with a shoe Nike's practice is to remove that shoe plus 100 produced before it and 100 after it. so thats a total of 201 shoes, those usually end up being recycled or at places like TJ-Max or other Outlet stores depending on how bad the defect is and how far along the build is.   
eyes.gif
 i have never seen any B-grade XI's or XIII's at any Nike outlet stores let alone J's at TJ Max. Kinda confused sir. KingKicks theory made the most sense IMO

When there is a issue with a shoe Nike's practice is to remove that shoe plus 100 produced before it and 100 after it. so thats a total of 201 shoes, those usually end up being recycled or at places like TJ-Max or other Outlet stores depending on how bad the defect is and how far along the build is.   
eyes.gif
 i have never seen any B-grade XI's or XIII's at any Nike outlet stores let alone J's at TJ Max. Kinda confused sir. KingKicks theory made the most sense IMO

^^What, you never seem XI's at Nike Outlet stores? It was a guy on here that got banned because he sold some 2009 Jams that were B-grades and didnt tell the buyer and refused to give a refund. When those Jams were sold at Nike Outlet stores they put them in a orange Nike box. Other than that, TJ Max by me had some Air Jordan 2009's (AJ25) for 39.99, I have seen it with my own eyes....

KingKicks theory makes no sense. They have to get the "Updated" Materials from somewhere, even if they have the blueprints and molds.

1 Source
http://sneakernews.com/20...grades-nike-outlets-now/

^^What, you never seem XI's at Nike Outlet stores? It was a guy on here that got banned because he sold some 2009 Jams that were B-grades and didnt tell the buyer and refused to give a refund. When those Jams were sold at Nike Outlet stores they put them in a orange Nike box. Other than that, TJ Max by me had some Air Jordan 2009's (AJ25) for 39.99, I have seen it with my own eyes....

KingKicks theory makes no sense. They have to get the "Updated" Materials from somewhere, even if they have the blueprints and molds.

1 Source
http://sneakernews.com/20...grades-nike-outlets-now/

@TheShoeKing23 I appreciate your knowledge. But Let's take this opportunity to educate those are wanting even more insight. Im not stating theory but actual facts based on statistics. This is a healthy topic.

Just think about how for many years now, the Jordan Brand has been "re-releasing" past models formerly released at significantly less prices for more today. These manufacturers overseas have the technology and overhead to produce these same models, at the same costs. You know just like Nike was paying workers 20cents an hour to make $100 shoes they were selling, their total cost of production and goods were, and still are, very minimal, so they are the least bit worried about all this anyways. Think about though why the average price of Nike shoes has increased at least 50% since the fiasco in the 2000s?

Nike is more concerned about the millions of dollars being made from $25 Jordans being sold for $125. Staying relative to the topic I commented on yesterday, and like you said recently, those who purchase and distribute worldwide are alone eaten by shipping fees, and w/o an Nike account (that is scarce anywhere with Footlocker and FinishLine around) the only real money is made from those who have it to play with. Just a FYI, 100pairs shipped from HK will cost at least $2000 in shipping fees alone. Nike is worried about that.

For a Nike produced and manufactured shoe to have failed the I believe is the 16-point inspection, it still remains a Nike good, hence, you see it in Nike Outlet Store. Department Stores that carry the brand have the liberty and overhead to qualify and buy into a top tier account with Nike, however, it is not demographically suitable for their bottom line, meaning it be conducive to someone who shops their for discount clothing to buy $175 Jordans.

The reason why there are original quality, authentic quality, AAA, AAA+, factory variant, B-Grade, etc. etc. is supporting what I said originally pertaining to the technological capabilities per manufacturer (You know there 1000s of these guys). The companies who once were contracted simply have the means to produce at an exact comparison.

Remember...Sales is mainly conception, perception and impulse everybody don't forget. Thats why we are paying $300 for a shoe today that was $175 a month ago. If they make it, and people buy it, it then becomes supply and demand.

I know this is a lot of info. But I hope it helps someone.

@TheShoeKing23 I appreciate your knowledge. But Let's take this opportunity to educate those are wanting even more insight. Im not stating theory but actual facts based on statistics. This is a healthy topic.

Just think about how for many years now, the Jordan Brand has been "re-releasing" past models formerly released at significantly less prices for more today. These manufacturers overseas have the technology and overhead to produce these same models, at the same costs. You know just like Nike was paying workers 20cents an hour to make $100 shoes they were selling, their total cost of production and goods were, and still are, very minimal, so they are the least bit worried about all this anyways. Think about though why the average price of Nike shoes has increased at least 50% since the fiasco in the 2000s?

Nike is more concerned about the millions of dollars being made from $25 Jordans being sold for $125. Staying relative to the topic I commented on yesterday, and like you said recently, those who purchase and distribute worldwide are alone eaten by shipping fees, and w/o an Nike account (that is scarce anywhere with Footlocker and FinishLine around) the only real money is made from those who have it to play with. Just a FYI, 100pairs shipped from HK will cost at least $2000 in shipping fees alone. Nike is worried about that.

For a Nike produced and manufactured shoe to have failed the I believe is the 16-point inspection, it still remains a Nike good, hence, you see it in Nike Outlet Store. Department Stores that carry the brand have the liberty and overhead to qualify and buy into a top tier account with Nike, however, it is not demographically suitable for their bottom line, meaning it be conducive to someone who shops their for discount clothing to buy $175 Jordans.

The reason why there are original quality, authentic quality, AAA, AAA+, factory variant, B-Grade, etc. etc. is supporting what I said originally pertaining to the technological capabilities per manufacturer (You know there 1000s of these guys). The companies who once were contracted simply have the means to produce at an exact comparison.

Remember...Sales is mainly conception, perception and impulse everybody don't forget. Thats why we are paying $300 for a shoe today that was $175 a month ago. If they make it, and people buy it, it then becomes supply and demand.

I know this is a lot of info. But I hope it helps someone.

Originally Posted by vipersupra

my cool greys from Jay had the size sticker like all other jordans have so his whole post means nothing

my cool greys from Jay had the size sticker like all other jordans have so his whole post means nothing

And I got excited a little. The increase in price wasn't 50%. But remember when retros and air force 1s were 125 and 60 respectively? Within ten years, they are 175 and 90 respectively so at least 25%. Just wanted to clarify that.

And I got excited a little. The increase in price wasn't 50%. But remember when retros and air force 1s were 125 and 60 respectively? Within ten years, they are 175 and 90 respectively so at least 25%. Just wanted to clarify that.

Originally Posted by Zyzz

^Kidding right? Have you ever taken anything back because something was wrong with it? Like for example a Polo with a missing button, those things have QC stickers somewhere, more than likely the defect was over looked or the button came off later. Point Im trying to make is just because it has the sticker means nothing...BUT the fact that it does not could shed light on its orgin. The sticker prob wont be removed if a defect was found, or it could even be included in the 201 pairs I posted about earlier. Get it?

Originally Posted by Zyzz

^Kidding right? Have you ever taken anything back because something was wrong with it? Like for example a Polo with a missing button, those things have QC stickers somewhere, more than likely the defect was over looked or the button came off later. Point Im trying to make is just because it has the sticker means nothing...BUT the fact that it does not could shed light on its orgin. The sticker prob wont be removed if a defect was found, or it could even be included in the 201 pairs I posted about earlier. Get it?

@Kicks I get what you are saying, but look. How can they reproduce same materials, for example the Powder IX's I got from Air Randy. The leather is exactly the same, the color of blue is exact, only difference was the obvious defect and the size tag (older nike tag without the black bar) when compaired to my pair from Footlocker. If all they had was knowledge and skill, colorcodes still would not match, the look of the leather would be different. Not only that, the production numbers on the size tags would ot match. Matter of fact, that particular Powder color has never been released before so there is no way they could match it without specific codes.

I read somewhere that Nike would not even give JB pre-1996 colorcodes for retros.

Factory Variants are totally different. They are just copies, with slight diferences. Nike had a department that you call inform of stores selling fakes but they did away withh it about a year ago

Back
Top Bottom