Sizing on Kobes?

Do they run true to size? I go 9 normally. But for the Hyperize and Lebrons I needed 8.5 (balling shoes). Should I go 8.5 or will they usually be small? I'm currently looking for Kobe 1's and 3's. How is the ankle support on the 3's? Thanks for your input.

From my experience:

Kobe I: True to size
Kobe II: Run a little big (go 1/2 size down)
Kobe III: Run a little big (go 1/2 size down)
Kobe IV: True to size
Kobe V: We'll see this Saturday...haha

I've read some people don't like the ankle support on the Kobe III's...but I think they have the best ankle support of any shoe I've worn.That's mostly due to the high cut but also the low-to-the-ground sole.

Originally Posted by BKazK

I've read some people don't like the ankle support on the Kobe III's...but I think they have the best ankle support of any shoe I've worn. That's mostly due to the high cut but also the low-to-the-ground sole.

I thought that too about how low the are. I'm thinkin bout either getting the I's or III's. Which do you prefer?

here is what my experience has been:

Kobe I: True to size
Kobe II: Run a little small depending on the colorway. The black gold/ or black/purple run half a size small. The white based colorways run true to size.Don't know why this is.
Kobe III: Run a little big in the White based colorways. The black pair run true to size
Kobe IV: Run small (go half a size up)
Kobe V: Run true to size

kobes 1-3 run true to size while the 4 and 5 may require an half size larger if you have a wide foot. the best thing to do is to first get both your feetmeasured to size your true size, then get info on the shoes. the only time you want to go half size larger is if you have a wide foot, if not, then go withyour true size.

the kobe IIIs are one of my fave shoes to ball in cause they are extremely comfortable, responsive, and durable. there is no padding or cushioning for anklesupport, but it doesn't need it cause the upper is designed to wrap around your ankles. with its low-to-the-ground sole, very light shoe, andwrap-around-your-ankles feel, the shoe becomes conformed to your foot. people tend to forget the IIIs like the 2K5 use the nike free technology. the IIIs willmove and bend like your natural foot. i personally love the IIIs over the I. in fact, i have a pair in my trunk for gym use and a fresh pair in my closet fords or future balling.

i went true on I-III, half sz up on the IV, and probably half sz up on the V accdg to other peeps

Back
Top Bottom