Signs of changing times

i feel ya, im in hs and i dont buy every color because i think it is disrespect to the old JB

and yes i remember some of the glory days

im 18 so i remember the old days from about 96-99. i only had bout 5 or 6 kicks a year. i would always try to get the jordans or pennys if the money was goodat the time. i knew times changed when jordans wernt bulls colors and every one had a bootleg pair.

yeah i feel you some people on this board rock jordans and don't even care about who MJ was...i hate people who wear Jordans but don't like basketballand all they care about is getting noticed

^why.....a stylish shoe is a stylish shoe.....u soundin real stupid.....if Jordans are hot in like 10 years do you think the major consumers(young people) aregonna know a cow lick about Michael Jordan....unless they watch those ESPN Classics i can gaurantee you that they wont......So i guess when you have your kidyour gonna make them watch footage of The Greatest if they tell you they want a pair of Jordans becuase the look nice......To me that says somethin...That saysthat im not only wearin just a shoe that The Greatest hooped in but im also wearin some Flashy **** sorry fo cussin.....

OH YEA LOL.....I guess youll hate some of your family members in some years huh???

Poofyo101 wrote:
times always change with everything
but if you love the shoes it shouldnt matter what everyone else thinks or is buying
if you love the 8s then buy the 8s. if everyone else does too good for that

co-sign brah...i take what i can get nawimean?!?!...i mean as long as fruity pebbles colorway stay off of em..best believe I'm scoring em..peoplesay the year 08 will be for the OG's collector's i still crossing my fingers hoping that is true..cause lately JB forgot about us...

Originally Posted by dbelcher5761

Maybe its the older we get, the more mature. Da R, I was in the same boat as you. Got to fed up with the shoe game sold all my stuff. Tried to get back into it when the Mars and Military 4's came out, the shoe was so crappy I couldn't do it, then tried to get back in the game with the aqua 8's and some ole story. I think most of it comes to the fact that the older we get the more we realize there is more to this world then a pair of air jordan's.

The comment made by BigLefty is so true. I remember back in the day, I got one pair of "schoo shoes" a year. Of course that meant just one colorway of that years air jordan. It wasn't until I started working when I get 2 pair a year and that was when the XI's dropped. I had 2 pair i think. Still, I look back and realize the same thing about just one pair a year for me. Its sad, these kids are getting 10-20 (if not more) a year. Sad thing is, you can combine all the shoes they get in one year and they still are not as greatful as we were back in the day picking up the OG's. Knowing then that the shoes we had stood for something and meant something. Imagine if some of these retro+'s came out back then? Would the line still be around today?

Excellent post.

I remember those days too. I think the shoes meant more then. Now they are, sadly, just a fad for many people who never actually saw MJ play, and can nevergrasp what the shoes really meant.

lilhen18 said it best, after 08 I'm done I just want one more run of original colors of the I-XIII and I'm satisfied. The other I can live without.

but if you love the shoes it shouldnt matter what everyone else thinks or is buying

Exactly. Therefore it shouldn't matter that Jordans fit into the fad category. If you love it, then buy it, don't hate on others because they get itfor different reasons like myself. Besides, I remember this forum being about the shoe not the person, it's JB not MJ.
tongue.gif

I hear exactly what you are saying!
I wish Nike made shoes like they used to! My favorite shoe of all time is The Air Jordan III in any color! I am talking about the 1988 version! These shoeswere so buttery soft and so comfortable! Everything about this shoe was HOT! The lace holes in the front, the elephant print and of course the HUGE Nike Air onthe Heal! The 1994 retro was nice too! Now that is a nice retro shoe! The Retro III's made now are junk in my opinion! The leather is stiff and the shoesjust aren't comfortable. It's so sad! The black/cements were okay in 2001 but still not close to the originals. Then of course the Jumpman on the backis ugly. I realize Nike tries to make them to last and that is probably why the leather is stiff but wouldn't it be great if they made some III'sEXACTLY like the originals? I mean exactly, nothing different. Leather and all! The 4's 5's and 6's were sweet as well! The retro 4's in 1999were great! Pretty close to the OG's! Why not make them like this again? I can't stand the crappy 4's with the terrible cheap leather and theplastic heal tab! What a junky shoe! Remember the black and speckled retros which looked like oreos? That in my opinion is then the retros got terrible! Theylooked FAKE! The Militaries and Mars 4's are hard and clunky as well. They just don't cut it! And a Jumpman on the back to top it off! Why why why?????The 5's that came out in 2000 were alright too but the ones that came out last year with the 23 on the side just don't compare! And the Green Beanskilled my feet after walking at the mall for 30 minutes! OUCH! I also had some Agassis back in the day and those shoes felt so nice! I was excited to see themretro and bought a pair. Those hurt so bad! Good luck playing tennis in those! Sorry guys I'm rambling.................Im just an old guy who would love toput on a pair of FRESH Jordan III's from 1988 again!

Originally Posted by RKO2004

Originally Posted by eastpointoutlaw

I think we forget that this is just a shoe
That too
laugh.gif

yall aint never lied.....guess this is what a typical new schoo cat would sound like......Ol heads cant take change....its funny cuz without change i doubtthat Jordan Brand would have made it this far.....

I guess you young guys don't understand fully what the old guys like me feel about Air Jordans. Which is fine. I understand times have changed but man ifyou were there in the late 80's and early 90's you would understand that Jordans just aren't what they once were. There was 1 model a year in about3 colorways. It was special to get one pair of Jordans. Back then they were about $100 which was a ton for a pair of shoes. I remember saving for months to getjust 1 pair! And that 1 pair I wore until they fell apart. The comfort of Jordans were unmatched compared to almost any shoe! If Jordan Brand could make somespecial EXACT models it would be sweet! Man, to get a pair of 3's with the Nike Air hang Tag and the sweet elephant print box that would make some OG guysso happy! I doubt that it will happen though.

Originally Posted by arc9802

I guess you young guys don't understand fully what the old guys like me feel about Air Jordans. Which is fine. I understand times have changed but man if you were there in the late 80's and early 90's you would understand that Jordans just aren't what they once were. There was 1 model a year in about 3 colorways. It was special to get one pair of Jordans. Back then they were about $100 which was a ton for a pair of shoes. I remember saving for months to get just 1 pair! And that 1 pair I wore until they fell apart. The comfort of Jordans were unmatched compared to almost any shoe! If Jordan Brand could make some special EXACT models it would be sweet! Man, to get a pair of 3's with the Nike Air hang Tag and the sweet elephant print box that would make some OG guys so happy! I doubt that it will happen though.
Good call! It seems that now days, people complain when they don't see a 233rd retro+ colorway come out within 3 weeks of the previous release. Ok,a bit much, but you get my point. The days when we older guys (its really weird saying that) we had on the average 3 choices of colorways, and like I said, itseems that many people today complain when a new jordan doesn't drop one week. I think what gets me the most is the people that think they know therestuff, but are actually oblivious to the history of the shoe. For example, when the aqua's released a few weeks back, the guy at the local footlocker whohe says is the biggest collector around and knows everything about the shoe (as he stated), yet he was unaware how the color differed on the retro aqua's.Oh, and by the way, he argued that the aqua's were the playoff 8's. I understand that this is just one person, but it seems that the majority of theyounger people are like this. Kinda like the guy that told me the Mars IV's were actually IIIs that MJ wore in the early 90's.....that was clever.

Originally Posted by dbelcher5761

Originally Posted by arc9802

I guess you young guys don't understand fully what the old guys like me feel about Air Jordans. Which is fine. I understand times have changed but man if you were there in the late 80's and early 90's you would understand that Jordans just aren't what they once were. There was 1 model a year in about 3 colorways. It was special to get one pair of Jordans. Back then they were about $100 which was a ton for a pair of shoes. I remember saving for months to get just 1 pair! And that 1 pair I wore until they fell apart. The comfort of Jordans were unmatched compared to almost any shoe! If Jordan Brand could make some special EXACT models it would be sweet! Man, to get a pair of 3's with the Nike Air hang Tag and the sweet elephant print box that would make some OG guys so happy! I doubt that it will happen though.
Good call! It seems that now days, people complain when they don't see a 233rd retro+ colorway come out within 3 weeks of the previous release. Ok, a bit much, but you get my point. The days when we older guys (its really weird saying that) we had on the average 3 choices of colorways, and like I said, it seems that many people today complain when a new jordan doesn't drop one week. I think what gets me the most is the people that think they know there stuff, but are actually oblivious to the history of the shoe. For example, when the aqua's released a few weeks back, the guy at the local footlocker who he says is the biggest collector around and knows everything about the shoe (as he stated), yet he was unaware how the color differed on the retro aqua's. Oh, and by the way, he argued that the aqua's were the playoff 8's. I understand that this is just one person, but it seems that the majority of the younger people are like this. Kinda like the guy that told me the Mars IV's were actually IIIs that MJ wore in the early 90's.....that was clever.
I understand where you guys are coming from.I'm not exactly a noob.I'm 19 and I remember the days of just getting a few pair of shoes ayear.Plus I couldn't get Jordans back then because of the price.Actually my first Air jordan was the retro Bred 8s in 02.I appreciate every pair I get.

Dudes say if you dont like them don't buy them. Understood. But if we aren't buying, because we have problems with them, should we stop posting in thisforum so it would remain fan/sheep friendly?

As a kid, who hypes nearly every shoe and feels the need to buy a shoe every release, I can honestly say I prefer the exotic colors. What's the point inreleasing every shoe in a classic red, white, black, or cement color way? I love what JB's been doing the past few years. I love the white/anthracite8's, I love the Peapods, I love the DTRT 3's, I love the Spiz'ikes especially the King County's. All in all, I love all the shoes that the oldheads despise. I understand where some of you are coming from, I understand you prefer the classic color ways, but I've been rocking Jordan's sincebefore I could walk and releasing the some color way for 23 different shoes is pointless. IMO the exotic color ways are vital. They make JB more versatile andattractive to a wider range of people, mainly the kids, the prime consumer of the product. So JB keep doing what you're doing, I'll keep purchasing theshoes, shirts, hats, and whatever else you release.

I love Jordans and shoes alike. I will keep buying shoes no matter how big of a house, nice of car, or how many kids I have.

But as others have said preferences change as you get older and as long as you buy what you like it really doesn't matter.

Originally Posted by chitown4eva

Dudes say if you dont like them don't buy them. Understood. But if we aren't buying, because we have problems with them, should we stop posting in this forum so it would remain fan/sheep friendly?
Keep posting.Freedom of speech.

Originally Posted by DTRT

As a kid, who hypes nearly every shoe and feels the need to buy a shoe every release, I can honestly say I prefer the exotic colors. What's the point in releasing every shoe in a classic red, white, black, or cement color way? I love what JB's been doing the past few years. I love the white/anthracite 8's, I love the Peapods, I love the DTRT 3's, I love the Spiz'ikes especially the King County's. All in all, I love all the shoes that the old heads despise. I understand where some of you are coming from, I understand you prefer the classic color ways, but I've been rocking Jordan's since before I could walk and releasing the some color way for 23 different shoes is pointless. IMO the exotic color ways are vital. They make JB more versatile and attractive to a wider range of people, mainly the kids, the prime consumer of the product. So JB keep doing what you're doing, I'll keep purchasing the shoes, shirts, hats, and whatever else you release.
Whatever dude, spend your money however you please.

Originally Posted by DTRT

As a kid, who hypes nearly every shoe and feels the need to buy a shoe every release, I can honestly say I prefer the exotic colors. What's the point in releasing every shoe in a classic red, white, black, or cement color way? I love what JB's been doing the past few years. I love the white/anthracite 8's, I love the Peapods, I love the DTRT 3's, I love the Spiz'ikes especially the King County's. All in all, I love all the shoes that the old heads despise. I understand where some of you are coming from, I understand you prefer the classic color ways, but I've been rocking Jordan's since before I could walk and releasing the some color way for 23 different shoes is pointless. IMO the exotic color ways are vital. They make JB more versatile and attractive to a wider range of people, mainly the kids, the prime consumer of the product. So JB keep doing what you're doing, I'll keep purchasing the shoes, shirts, hats, and whatever else you release.

eyes.gif

It has only changed cuz back in the day not everybody had money to have a pair of Jordans. This made having a pair a sort of luxury. Now all you need is tohave rich parents and you can act like you been down. You can go back and purchase those wht/red XIIs and act like you knew about em when they first came out.

I will always love jordans but for the most part i only buy what i like, not what some people say is hot or dope. after all im the one thats wearing em. sothere. just buy what you like. last Js i bought was probably the 3s (fire red and cool gray). that was it. passed on all these trash that JB is putting out.yes even the aquas and the upcoming bred 8s as well. it just does not appeal to me. so i dont buy em.
as for the upcoming packs, i have most of these OG colors so i wil pass on these. nothing beat the originals. period.

Back
Top Bottom