sidekick brand appears to have da last laugh over blackberrys...VOL. hello android 2.1 + gig chip!

blackberrys, outside of BBM, are lame as hell.

btw, isn't danger owned by microsoft? and they're okay with this? or is this going to be a sidekick wanna be? or is it going to be like verizon where they're just going to slap the name "droid" (well in this case sidekick) on everything android?

Why are so many people saying BlackBerrys are becoming outdated? The 9700 is still a great phone. Those phones ninjahood posted may be ugly, but their specs are still good. Also, keep in mind that RIM is releasing a new OS soon.

Originally Posted by Mastamind89

Familiarity brings content.....will you be making the switch ninjahood, now that the sidekick can compete grown up phones?

The form factor should be interesting, with the larger screen and all.
url

Originally Posted by ninjahood

Originally Posted by LimitedRetroOG

The Sidekick won't be the same without the Danger OS, though.

you can run a customized UI that runs over android 2.1 that can mimic that da original OS to a degree.

grin.gif
Having to customize a "Sidekick" to be able to get a knock-off. Sidekick OS...

I shall cop. I had sk2--> sk3---> sklx ----> now sklx09xiphone3gs

couldn't be happier I'm just wondering if it will still support cloud data back-up

Originally Posted by CWrite78

tw, isn't danger owned by microsoft? and they're okay with this? or is this going to be a sidekick wanna be? or is it going to be like verizon where they're just going to slap the name "droid" (well in this case sidekick) on everything android?

That's what I'm wondering. Microsoft will be pissed. I am going to be expecting some legal issues from Microsoft towards Google, HTC, and T-Mobile real soon. I think it really is going to be an actual predecessor to the LX 2009. I am sure they're just going to go with the name "Sidekick" on just one device.

Microsoft doesn't have much of a case though cuz they're planning on bringing their own idea of a "next-gen Sidekick" to Verizon when they have contract exclusivity to T-Mobile.

looks good, but personally i still like Blackberries better though. Texting/Emailing/IMng on a BB is too convenient, I hate having to open up a keyboard every time i get a text or need to type something on my phone. and sidekicks are way too loud/annoying...my room mate had one, and every time he got a call it would go crazy.

Does NT live in reality? Blackberry is like the ipod in the sense that it transcends culture. BB aint going nowhere.

LimitedRetroOG said:
That's what I'm wondering. Microsoft will be pissed. I am going to be expecting some legal issues from Microsoft towards Google, HTC, and T-Mobile real soon. I think it really is going to be an actual predecessor to the LX 2009. I am sure they're just going to go with the name "Sidekick" on just one device.

i can see them just selling the name to google/htc/tmobile.

with windows phone 7 and their kin one and kin two, they have both bases covered (social network users with the kins and power users with windows phone 7)
But Danger has contract exclusivity to T-Mobile with their software. Danger produced the software for the Kin One and Two and it's going Verizon. Something's not right there.

Originally Posted by sickitiYICKity

i miss having a kick...

CSK > SK2 > SK3 . Had all 3 of these, I stopped using AIM in large part to never finding an adequate replacement on WinMo that was as easy and as fluid as the sidekick had it.

I miss my data only $29.99 monthly plan, although paying the same price for SERO 300 isn't too bad

CWrite78 said:
LimitedRetroOG said:

with windows phone 7 and their kin one and kin two, they have both bases covered (social network users with the kins and power users with windows phone 7)
But Danger has contract exclusivity to T-Mobile with their software. Danger produced the software for the Kin One and Two and it's going Verizon. Something's not right there.
i didnt know danger was doing the software for the Kins.

but all of this is just a rumor right? (htc sidekick)

LimitedRetroOG said:
CWrite78 said:
LimitedRetroOG said:

i didnt know danger was doing the software for the Kins.

but all of this is just a rumor right? (htc sidekick)
Yeah, Microsoft bought out Danger specifically for the Kins.
But anyway, yeah, just a rumor.

I don't ever see Microsoft suing HTC, they have a great partnership, they kept WM afloat........and then there is Apple suing HTC.

Originally Posted by kix4kix

Does NT live in reality? Blackberry is like the ipod in the sense that it transcends culture. BB aint going nowhere.

laugh.gif

NT is always way ahead of da curve when it comes to phones....trust me when we're telling you da blackberry ship is a sinking one with HTC and apple dropping da

big guns and RIM comin thru a knife to a gun fight.

and for da record t-mobile OWNS da name "sidekick" so that can slap that brand on any superphone and keep da series going.

I'm interested...

My 3 is still on me just in case the iphone starts acting up...
laugh.gif

Familiarity brings content.....will you be making the switch ninjahood, now that the sidekick can compete grown up phones?

The form factor should be interesting, with the larger screen and all.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Good one.

laugh.gif

NT is always way ahead of da curve when it comes to phones....trust me when we're telling you da blackberry ship is a sinking one with HTC and apple dropping da

and for da record t-mobile OWNS da name "sidekick" so that can slap that brand on any superphone and keep da series going.

RIM isn't going anywhere, if anything, it'll just go back to it's original purpose of serving the business type.

we'll see what they have to offer with 6.0 tho, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

laugh.gif

RIM isn't going anywhere, if anything, it'll just go back to it's original purpose of serving the business type.

laugh.gif

BB is slightly straying from their business market group, as in the new OS 6.0 ad, it targets high schoolers and a young generation

laugh.gif

BB is slightly straying from their business market group, as in the new OS 6.0 ad, it targets high schoolers and a young generation
Thank you. Finally someone else sees what i see

tw, isn't danger owned by microsoft? and they're okay with this? or is this going to be a sidekick wanna be? or is it going to be like verizon where they're just going to slap the name "droid" (well in this case sidekick) on everything android?

Microsoft doesn't have much of a case though cuz they're planning on bringing their own idea of a "next-gen Sidekick" to Verizon when they have contract exclusivity to T-Mobile.
Microsoft acquired Danger and the technology associated with the Danger Hiptop.  The "T-Mobile Sidekick" name and branding is owned by T-Mobile, just like how "Droid" is owned by Lucasfilm but licensed by Verizon.  Verizon throws Droid on every major Android phone it has.  Microsoft suing T-Mobile would be like Motorola suing Verizon for calling it the "HTC Droid Incredible."

Back
Top Bottom