Side Hustles 2015

I just need to get my head back in the game. Well, as a leg up for college I paid nothing when I got my associates. Became cunning and utilized every opportunity that came by. Only thing I was spending money on was gas and food. Just gotta find my passion and go for my bachelors.

Can't believe some of the stuff in here :lol:

I prefer legit hustles. You'll last much longer in the game and will be able to sleep at night.

For those that don't follow the Real Estate thread, I posted the rental homes I purchased at an auction. Paid cash for them, no financing. Rented one out the day after purchase and the other rented out the 1st of October due to renovations needed. Great tenants in both homes. Steady source of income.

View media item 1747779
I also purchased a vacant lot next door to the homes. I plan on building a 1bed/1bath triplex on early next year and renting them all out as well.

View media item 1747781
I also purchased a laundromat at the beginning of this month. Previous owner ran it to the ground. He was 80 years old and should've sold long ago. I spent the past 2 weeks with minor renovations and it is now 98% complete. Just some ceiling tiles need to replaced and a machine needs a new valve, which I will do tomorrow.

View media item 1747794
View media item 1747796
View media item 1747797
View media item 1747799
View media item 1747801
I also own other real estate, which I don't want to get into right now.

Keep the hustles coming!

Can't believe some of the stuff in here
laugh.gif

I prefer legit hustles. You'll last much longer in the game and will be able to sleep at night.

For those that don't follow the Real Estate thread, I posted the rental homes I purchased at an auction. Paid cash for them, no financing. Rented one out the day after purchase and the other rented out the 1st of October due to renovations needed. Great tenants in both homes. Steady source of income.

I also purchased a vacant lot next door to the homes. I plan on building a 1bed/1bath triplex on early next year and renting them all out as well.

I also purchased a laundromat at the beginning of this month. Previous owner ran it to the ground. He was 80 years old and should've sold long ago. I spent the past 2 weeks with minor renovations and it is now 98% complete. Just some ceiling tiles need to replaced and a machine needs a new valve, which I will do tomorrow.

I also own other real estate, which I don't want to get into right now.

Keep the hustles coming!
How much capital you need to get started with this hustle?

In 2013 did the Craig's list car hustle like one guy posted gray area flipping titles and also felt bad selling messed up cars then turning off the google voice leaving them stuck out
I did sell close to 50 cars that year and for time vs investment no better return
Buy a car takes less than an hour of driving and. Negotiating. Clean up and post back online. Average Return 3-600 per car.
2014 started flipping homes w some marketing
This year my net so far is close to 100k not gross This is after my marketing budget of 60k and paying capital gains tax. I have still have appointments from marketing so should break 120k net on spending 60k

Last edited:
swaggdaddy swaggdaddy If you're referring to the laundromat, it'll greatly vary from location to location. The cost of opening a new laundromat in a vacant building will cost anywhere from $100,000-$500,000 depending on the size and the machines you're putting in. Business license, health department license (if you are serving food), fire department permit, air and water pollution control permit, sign permit, public improvement fees, and impact fees are some of the fees you will incur to open a new laundromat. Impact fees are RIDICULOUS and are based on the size of the machines. Expect to pay between $1,000-$8,000 in impact fees per machine. The cost of the machine could be from $700-$8,000. It could cost up to $16,000 per machine installed.

Best bet is to purchase an existing laundromat as you won't have to pay any fees since the startup owner already did.

Just to give you an idea, the previous owner paid close to $190,000 for the laundromat I just purchased. I got it for pennies on the dollar because like I said, he did a poor job maintaining it. Location is perfect as it is in a lower income area where folks don't have laundries in their homes or live in apartments.

swaggdaddy swaggdaddy If you're referring to the laundromat, it'll greatly vary from location to location. The cost of opening a new laundromat in a vacant building will cost anywhere from $100,000-$500,000 depending on the size and the machines you're putting in. Business license, health department license (if you are serving food), fire department permit, air and water pollution control permit, sign permit, public improvement fees, and impact fees are some of the fees you will incur to open a new laundromat. Impact fees are RIDICULOUS and are based on the size of the machines. Expect to pay between $1,000-$8,000 in impact fees per machine. The cost of the machine could be from $700-$8,000. It could cost up to $16,000 per machine installed.

Best bet is to purchase an existing laundromat as you won't have to pay any fees since the startup owner already did.

Just to give you an idea, the previous owner paid close to $190,000 for the laundromat I just purchased. I got it for pennies on the dollar because like I said, he did a poor job maintaining it. Location is perfect as it is in a lower income area where folks don't have laundries in their homes or live in apartments.

How did you get the information that it was for sale? was it sold as a business, or was it a real estate deal with you keeping whatever's inside?

M Mark Antony I'm leasing the building for this particular location. Have a 10 year lease. I honestly purchased the laundromat to renovate and flip. Will easily sell for double what I paid in 2-3 months of managing.

I do this for a living. Purchase distressed properties, renovate and increase cash flow, and then flip. I get the word from investors and people I've done business with in the past.

Back
Top Bottom