Originally Posted by RavageBX

Originally Posted by HipHopDoc09

Originally Posted by ScottHallWithAPick

Originally Posted by ILLIONAIRE

Jay-Z's Put on Verse was better? What yall sipping it on? Pass that

Jay put hours in that kitchen and put it on his dear life that it was fact, not fiction.

Ye lost the only girl in the world who knew him best.

Jay brought mike on stage at summerjam....R.I.P
Ye let his nightmares go, Ye put on everyone he knew from the go (Can't say the same for jigga
grin.gif
)

The thing about that is people stay sayin people put him on if they really put him on they need to put they self on then.
Only on NT I swear lol

laugh.gif

Hi, Jay-Z had a better verse than Kanye's on the "Go Hard (Remix)". Where you at Justin?
nerd.gif
tongue.gif
In Ye's defense, his verse was laid down waaay before Jay's.

overall, i think Jay wins.

but i will always disagree on Jay having a better verse than 'Ye on Get By Remix.

they got that one right.

HAHA, damn the homie ILL calling me out. To be straight up, the "Go Hard" remix is a toss up for me (you won't believe the four letter wordspeople have thrown at me because of this
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
). I even stated that in the post itself that I could understand people sayingHov. I was just going off my opinion.

HOWEVER, I will argue until the world ends that Kanye's verse on "Get By" was better than Jay's. No one can convince me otherwise.

And to be perfectly honest, to throw out "Girls Girls Girls", "Excuse Me Miss Again", "Put On" and "Go Hard" (sincethey didn't technically record those together), I would still have Kanye winning by one. This feedback is extremely appreciated though.

BTW, ILL that BP3 tracklist you posted looks insane. And I hate judging albums by tracklists.

Man NT turns either a blind eye to certain posters, or yall just dont like Jay at all.

Jay put hours in that kitchen and put it on his dear life that it was fact, not fiction.

Ye let his nightmares go, Ye put on everyone he knew from the go (Can't say the same for jigga
grin.gif
)

The thing about that is people stay sayin people put him on if they really put him on they need to put they self on then.

roll.gif

This is the reason i LOVE niketalk. Y'all are hilarious with the witty replies.

Anyway, i'm not sure who won or whatever BUT there's no WAY Kanye went harder than Jay on Excuse Me Miss.

Dont you mean Consquence>Jay-z if this is your score. Jay>Consequence> Kanye. Kanye can make a song, and read a lyric....But dude never shuts up. Hehops around to whoever is hott at the time, Jeezy, T.I., Lil Wayne, T-Pain, Dream....just so HIS voice is heard. Southpark episode was on point, and iguarantee those dudes havent listened to all the Kanye most of us have. Kanye is a great producer..

Originally Posted by Gello 201

Dont you mean Consquence>Jay-z if this is your score. Jay>Consequence> Kanye. Kanye can make a song, and read a lyric....But dude never shuts up. He hops around to whoever is hott at the time, Jeezy, T.I., Lil Wayne, T-Pain, Dream....just so HIS voice is heard. Southpark episode was on point, and i guarantee those dudes havent listened to all the Kanye most of us have. Kanye is a great producer..

What the....

indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by grittyman20

Dont you mean Consquence>Jay-z if this is your score. Jay>Consequence> Kanye. Kanye can make a song, and read a lyric....But dude never shuts up. He hops around to whoever is hott at the time, Jeezy, T.I., Lil Wayne, T-Pain, Dream....just so HIS voice is heard. Southpark episode was on point, and i guarantee those dudes havent listened to all the Kanye most of us have. Kanye is a great producer..

What the....

indifferent.gif

If you read the link, the author put Kanye>Jay. Consequence writes a lot of Kanye lyrics. So by HIS score Consequence>Jay-Z. By MY scoreJay-Z>Consequence>Kanye. And straight up...name a song Kanye did with Weezy before Weezy got HUGE. They were both around, but Kanye waits till an artistgets on, THEN will do a callabo. Won't hate on his producing skills though.

Originally Posted by 22 Rather Unique 22

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Hold on, some of you actually think Kanye had a better verse than Jay-Z on the Get By remix...?

Just to get by....
@@#%#, I sold coke....
@@#%#, I pushed lye....
Carried a fo'-five....
Claimed I was ready to die....
Promised never to cry....
Held it all inside....
Reality was too much to take....
So I, kept my mind fried....
Slept for most of mine....
Soon as I closed my eyes....
And I woke up behind....
Thinkin' either I, load up these nines....
Or blow up with rhymes....
Cuz this flow of mine....
Is like blow-up of lines, of coca....
And you folks think Hov' just wrote stuff to rhyme...?
Nah....
I'm a poster from what happened seeing your moms doings five dollars worth of work, just to get a dime....
So pardon, my dis-position....
Why, should I listen to a system that never listened to me....?
Picture me workin' McDonalds....
I'd rather pull a Mac on you....
Sorry Ms. Jackson, but I'm packin'....

Kanye West went harder than that?
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

They used to tell me toughen up....
Put some bass in your voice....
They used to tell me lighten up....
Put some Mase in your voiiice....

That was kinda hot, but Jay's whole verse was hot.

I'm sayin' though, you posted Jigga whole verse but you only put a few lines of Kayne's
laugh.gif
nerd.gif

[Kanye West]
It's on I'm packin weight like nina simone
Piano flow
It's like a Michaelangelo painted a portrait of Maya Angelou
And gave it to a sick poet for they antidote
If music gets you choked up this is the tree and the rope
This is Chi, %$!!%, I mista all of that
%$+@ a map, let's put this %@$%% on the almanac
Dice what they hittin' for, 'lacs what you sittin' on
Tracks who you spittin on, rap till we get it on
And don't let nobody with the power to sign
Ever tell you you ain't got the power to rhyme
They used to tell me toughen up
Put some bass in your voice
They used to tell me lighten up
Put some Mase in your voice
Lord willin' I ain't killed nobody
But I have a feelin' this album
That I'm gonna make a killin'
Or not a shillin'
This is love it or hate it music
But, at least we made it music
And we didn't make it industry
This is gon' be interesting
This'll be the end of me or I'm finna be an entity
Kanye, Jay-Z, Mos Def, and Kweli
We are not makin' songs no more
We're makin' history

it's all relative though & everyone has their opinion,

for the record Kanye went harder than Hov on the Go Hard remix

What the....

indifferent.gif

If you read the link, the author put Kanye>Jay. Consequence writes a lot of Kanye lyrics. So by HIS score Consequence>Jay-Z. By MY score Jay-Z>Consequence>Kanye. And straight up...name a song Kanye did with Weezy before Weezy got HUGE. They were both around, but Kanye waits till an artist gets on, THEN will do a callabo. Won't hate on his producing skills though.
I won't comment on this whole Consequence fiasco that's been hyping Kanye haters' heads.
laugh.gif
smh.gif

But as far as the Ye' collabs, well...

1) Kanye collabs aren't cheap. My guess is that most of his guestwork is with "on" artists is because they can afford him.

2) I'm sure there are plenty of under the radar artists that could have done work with Ye', but instead opted for other/more popular artists at thetime (Weezy, T-Pain, etc.) to boost the popularity of the record.

3) Just because he didn't collab with Wayne officially until '07 doesn't mean anything. The same thing can be accused of Lil' Wayne workingwith Kanye. For all we know both artist had there respective projects they were working on that just didn't involve the other.

grin.gif
)

PLUS, he put his Ns on and his Ns put THEIR Ns on. Beat that.

Originally Posted by Air Kalo

What the....

indifferent.gif

If you read the link, the author put Kanye>Jay. Consequence writes a lot of Kanye lyrics. So by HIS score Consequence>Jay-Z. By MY score Jay-Z>Consequence>Kanye. And straight up...name a song Kanye did with Weezy before Weezy got HUGE. They were both around, but Kanye waits till an artist gets on, THEN will do a callabo. Won't hate on his producing skills though.
I won't comment on this whole Consequence fiasco that's been hyping Kanye haters' heads.
laugh.gif
smh.gif

But as far as the Ye' collabs, well...

1) Kanye collabs aren't cheap. My guess is that most of his guestwork is with "on" artists is because they can afford him.

2) I'm sure there are plenty of under the radar artists that could have done work with Ye', but instead opted for other/more popular artists at the time (Weezy, T-Pain, etc.) to boost the popularity of the record.

3) Just because he didn't collab with Wayne officially until '07 doesn't mean anything. The same thing can be accused of Lil' Wayne working with Kanye. For all we know both artist had there respective projects they were working on that just didn't involve the other.

Forget the collabo's cause we arent ever gonna get to bottom of it. But the link was about lyrical content, and technically Kanye doesnt write ALL hismusic. I'm gonna leave it at that, forget who writes some of his stuff. I'm not a Kanye hater either, i have ALL his CD's and think he is in topfive producers.

Back
Top Bottom