Should the Cubs get rid of Wrigley field?

First, it will kill me if/when Wrigley is shut down.

However, we've all seen many many teams over the years get new parks/stadiums. Yankees, Tigers, White Sox, Lakers, Celtics, Cowboys, etc etc. Allhistorical places to play, all gone just like that.

Well, the Cubs are always trying to figure out some special ceremony or whatever to break the curse, they obviously aren't winning anything BECAUSE ofWrigley field, should they look into getting a new park? They could basically make a replica if they wanted, but update, get more seating, whatever instead ofrenovating it every year.

What do ya'll think?

Ehh I doubt that Wrigley will ever be torn down unless it is completely necessary. Same goes with Fenway. It isn't because of Wrigley that the Cubsaren't winning. I personally don't believe in curses, but I think the Cubs just need better personnel and a stronger bullpen to win it.

Also, tie in the economy situation right now, it may be tough to get financing on a new park.

no way...wrigley and fenway....you have to keep em. add seats, rennovate, whatever...but a new stadium or facelift is a no go. i know a lot of yankee fanshated the fact that they got a new stadium, and obviously there's excitement for the new one, but i know a bunch that would have rather had the old one.

new stadium = more luxury boxes = more fake fans who aren't there for the love of their team

CP i'll be at the Twins/Cubs series in June
pimp.gif

Sports to me now are so corporate that anything left with any true value to fans and history needs to be hung on to as long as humanly possible.

Funny you mention this today....I live by the park and walked by Addison along the right field side; they are adding an addition to there as we speak. Shouldbe ready for Opening Day.

They have slowly "updated" sections of the park. They just renovated the bleachers just a couple of years ago; its all new brick and they expandedthe size of it.

It's too much of a city draw. It will exist for at least another 20-30 years, IMO.

Originally Posted by HarlemToTheBronx

Noooooo!

They can't tear down Wrigley or Fenway until I get to see a game there!
I've never been to either.
frown.gif
but my dad went to bothin the same summer a few years ago, I couldn't shut him up for hours when he started tellin me about it.
laugh.gif

Ry-that's awesome you're makin it there. You should hit up FlintGrey, I think he lives like seconds away from the park.

And I understand about the corporate aspect and holding onto the traditions and such, but in 2030, are they still going to be playing in a park so old, thatother teams will be tearing down stadiums they just had built in the 90's? I mean, damn.
laugh.gif

^ that actually will be a tough weekend for me, RyGuy - I get married that weekend! What day are you going? I'll be taking pics at the ballpark before mywedding Saturday. I'll be the one in the tuxedo....lol

SWEET.... Im heading down there from Mnpls via plane at noon Thursday the 11th and then staying till Sunday morning. Im pumped because we are doing sort ofa family reunion there (we got 12 tickets in the outfield bleachers? for Fri and Sat) and because my Twins obviously rarely get to play at Wrigley.

Been to Chicago numerous times.....but last time i saw Wrigley was the last day game they ever played before they installed the lights
laugh.gif

FLINT Im on lookout for that wedding party then, I hope I dont notice you as the groom by having a pair of XI's on
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

Ive never been to wrigley but fenway is such a dump that they need a new one but they wont build it

Tear it down from foul pole to foul pole.... leave the ivy and the bleachers redo the rest.

Originally Posted by FIRST B0RN

Burn Wrigley Field to the ground!!
roll.gif
laugh.gif
Even being a Cardinals fan myself I wouldn't wish thaton a stadium like Wrigley. I can't wait to go to a Cubs-Cardinals game there in the near future.

Originally Posted by HarlemToTheBronx

Noooooo!

They can't tear down Wrigley or Fenway until I get to see a game there!
Agreed.

I want to get to Wrigley at some point in my life, Fenway too. Obviously at Fenway I will only want to see a Yankee/Red Sox game, but for the Cubs, I don'tcare who they play. I just want to sit in the bleachers on a nice summer day, heard it's a blast out there.

Originally Posted by CP1708

First, it will kill me if/when Wrigley is shut down.

However, we've all seen many many teams over the years get new parks/stadiums. Yankees, Tigers, White Sox, Lakers, Celtics, Cowboys, etc etc. All historical places to play, all gone just like that.

Well, the Cubs are always trying to figure out some special ceremony or whatever to break the curse, they obviously aren't winning anything BECAUSE of Wrigley field, should they look into getting a new park? They could basically make a replica if they wanted, but update, get more seating, whatever instead of renovating it every year.

What do ya'll think?
Why are they not winning anything because of Wrigley?

Most teams upgrade to a new stadium to bring in money, as long as the owners are willing to spend like the Cubs have, Wrigley is not the problem.

Back
Top Bottom