Should I work at Six Flags until something better comes along?

You might as well. When you're not working just work on finding another job.

I actually have an interview at Six Flags tommorrow. I'm 21, not graduated yet, and I figure I need to work somewhere while I look for a gig.

money is money. plus you are a college grad, so you might get a supervising position...and you will get out of the house

I did it man. graduated from college and came back home, worked in the mall at a retail store. I had to eat some pride everyday, but it paid the bills and Ifound a job after a couple of months. Aint nothing wrong with making an honest dollar! People may clown and stuff for a minute, but remember those peopleprobably don't have a degree, so they're not doing much else.

Take the job, being stuck at a dead end job will motivate you even more to find a "real" job

Originally Posted by eye see soles

Originally Posted by Rightguard

Originally Posted by awash242

Originally Posted by Rightguard

i wouldnt waste time working at six flags, that experience will not count for anything towards your real profession. But if you are dying to make 6.50 an hour go for it.
Sitting on the couch at home is definitely professional development though, right?
grin.gif
of course but he can find a bob in relations to his degree and career. This is a step back. During the down time he could work on his resume, network or atleast find a job that pays under the table. working at 6 flags is like working for mcdonalds. im assuming dude is more than 20 years old.
Hadn't thought about it like that. Thanks.
Ok, well think about it like this.. When you go to a job application and they ask you why you haven't had a job.. Can you really tell themthat you didn't want to take a "step back"? That shows alot of initiative doesn't it? get out there and find a job TOMORROW if you're tooproud to work at six flags. If you can't, well you know what you should do. I know people with a Bachelors and work at wendys so they can get a check,people losing jos left and right and you're passing on a job.

In this economy, CEO's who were making $200,000 are waiting tables in restaurants....so I'd take the job.

Originally Posted by marlsj

Do it. A jobs a job.
Word..Plus, I don't know if you got loans/bills but them joints don't care where your money comes from you still have to pay..

I hear you on that "pride".
I'll just swallow it up and just take it and remain presistent on finding "your real job".

They might reject you for being overly qualified...happens to a lot of people with degrees looking for lower blue collar jobs.

Originally Posted by Juice2352

They might reject you for being overly qualified...happens to a lot of people with degrees looking for lower blue collar jobs.

This is very true. You may want to think about not mentioning college on the application. just put hs. BUT since its an amusement park it may not matter, Imsure they no everyone applying is looking for a temp job

Originally Posted by SneakerPimp2k8

its a recession, ppl are working at places they never thought possible....real talk
yea its pretty scary.

A LOT of grown people much older than the avg. NTr.

Take the job. There are a few million people in the US that would work just about anywhere right now...don't take making money for granted.

Back
Top Bottom