should i cop a 99 5-series?(edited)

Either way I hope whatever you get has minimal mechanical problems. That's all it comes down to.

Either way I hope whatever you get has minimal mechanical problems. That's all it comes down to.

Originally Posted by eNPHAN

Originally Posted by MaddenFan04

Why are you trying to stunt though? Looking at those high mileage BMW's and Mercedes.

Nobody is gonna give a damn about you driving an old Honda vs an old BMW kid.

who's stunting?

i like how the ***!# look. im copping something with moonroof/sunroof and leathers, point blank.

we cop 200 dollar shoes....an intelligent shoe purchase would be some 20 dollar orthapedics, right? is that "stunting" as well, or is that us just buying shoes we happen to like?

i got 4k for a car, i only expect 2 to 3 years out of it...

my very first car was an 02 s60...copped MYSELF...why the %$+% would i want to drive a 92 civic?

i don't have as much bread this go around, but if im dropping 4k cash i wanna at least LIKE the car im buying...

i was just asking for insight, but i forgot, NT is about the LULZ and LULZ alone these days...
lulz were had. Not from other users but from you OP. You expect a german car with that many miles to last you 2-3 years. I'm willing to bet the repairs will probably be at least half of what you paid for it when the third year comes by. You point out the leather and sun-roof and moon-roof. Valid points for wanting a luxury car, but you want leather on a car this old? What's the point of the leather when its probably cracked and %#%#. But if by some miracle the leather is in perfect condition, then just cop your german ride. I don't even know why you made this thread if you aren't open for other suggestions. 

inb4 "bought an old +@! bmw that broke, need recommendations for a '92 civic"

Why are you trying to stunt though? Looking at those high mileage BMW's and Mercedes.

who's stunting?

i like how the ***!# look. im copping something with moonroof/sunroof and leathers, point blank.

we cop 200 dollar shoes....an intelligent shoe purchase would be some 20 dollar orthapedics, right? is that "stunting" as well, or is that us just buying shoes we happen to like?

my very first car was an 02 s60...copped MYSELF...why the %$+% would i want to drive a 92 civic?

i don't have as much bread this go around, but if im dropping 4k cash i wanna at least LIKE the car im buying...

i was just asking for insight, but i forgot, NT is about the LULZ and LULZ alone these days...
lulz were had. Not from other users but from you OP. You expect a german car with that many miles to last you 2-3 years. I'm willing to bet the repairs will probably be at least half of what you paid for it when the third year comes by. You point out the leather and sun-roof and moon-roof. Valid points for wanting a luxury car, but you want leather on a car this old? What's the point of the leather when its probably cracked and %#%#. But if by some miracle the leather is in perfect condition, then just cop your german ride. I don't even know why you made this thread if you aren't open for other suggestions. 

inb4 "bought an old +@! bmw that broke, need recommendations for a '92 civic"

who's stunting?

lulz were had. Not from other users but from you OP. You expect a german car with that many miles to last you 2-3 years. I'm willing to bet the repairs will probably be at least half of what you paid for it when the third year comes by. You point out the leather and sun-roof and moon-roof. Valid points for wanting a luxury car, but you want leather on a car this old? What's the point of the leather when its probably cracked and *#*%. But if by some miracle the leather is in perfect condition, then just cop your german ride. I don't even know why you made this thread if you aren't open for other suggestions. 

inb4 "bought an old %@# bmw which broke, need recommendations for a '92 civic"

who's stunting?

lulz were had. Not from other users but from you OP. You expect a german car with that many miles to last you 2-3 years. I'm willing to bet the repairs will probably be at least half of what you paid for it when the third year comes by. You point out the leather and sun-roof and moon-roof. Valid points for wanting a luxury car, but you want leather on a car this old? What's the point of the leather when its probably cracked and *#*%. But if by some miracle the leather is in perfect condition, then just cop your german ride. I don't even know why you made this thread if you aren't open for other suggestions. 

inb4 "bought an old %@# bmw which broke, need recommendations for a '92 civic"

Don't look at the price look at the maintenance. Copping a 14yr old BMW with 177K mileage = automatic 3-4g's you'll be paying each year in maintenance.

Don't look at the price look at the maintenance. Copping a 14yr old BMW with 177K mileage = automatic 3-4g's you'll be paying each year in maintenance.

love these threads
eyes.gif

Originally Posted by holler mcdollar

love these threads
eyes.gif
this thread loves you, too.

im about to take a 99 528i to a PPI spot friday...

if it comes back clean, imma cop @ 3k

i crash researched on some typical NT ##%+, the various BMW forums...

got my checklist of things to be weary of....what to ask the owner and the mechanic that does the PPI

wish me luck, fellow NTers...

Originally Posted by holler mcdollar

love these threads
eyes.gif
this thread loves you, too.

im about to take a 99 528i to a PPI spot friday...

if it comes back clean, imma cop @ 3k

i crash researched on some typical NT ##%+, the various BMW forums...

got my checklist of things to be weary of....what to ask the owner and the mechanic that does the PPI

wish me luck, fellow NTers...

Originally Posted by Crumbs

id stay away from anything non-japanese with that budget but best of luck.
thanks.

we'll see what this PPI is looking like...if the major known issues for the car have been addressed i shall go in...especially for 3k

in my area, the asian !%%% is OD expensive...

02 honda civic, 3,900, miles? 246k

that's laughable.

i don't even plan on driving whatever i buy more than 50k...let alone upwards of 250k

Originally Posted by Crumbs

id stay away from anything non-japanese with that budget but best of luck.
thanks.

we'll see what this PPI is looking like...if the major known issues for the car have been addressed i shall go in...especially for 3k

in my area, the asian !%%% is OD expensive...

02 honda civic, 3,900, miles? 246k

that's laughable.

i don't even plan on driving whatever i buy more than 50k...let alone upwards of 250k

I'm looking for cars in the price range as well. Although for me its important that its small and consumes as little fuel as pssible. Thats why my pick yould be a civic.

I'm looking for cars in the price range as well. Although for me its important that its small and consumes as little fuel as pssible. Thats why my pick yould be a civic.

what's important for me is non-cloth interior, a moonroof to smoke dro out of, and something that im excited to drop 3k on...you will spend less in gas and repairs than i will....but, honestly, that money is worth it to me...(i mean, im not about to cop the car if it needs ALOT of !@*% done to it...im comfortable putitng maybe another 1500 in the car once i pay off the small loan...)

like i said, with a 3,500 dollar budget; im looking at dodge stratus', hondas with 260k on the clock, impalas with body damage, and late 90s BMWs

i've done the "research" myself since making this post, and honestly, 3k on this car (granted the inspection comes back clean) isn't as ridiculous as yall make it sound...

even if the car is in "good shape" its blue booked at 4100....im paying 3k if its spotless....less if the inspection racks up repairs....

3n23o03p75Y15Q45T4a7n9411cd67880b17a8.jpg

granted im not throwing 23 stacks down on a 02 M5 with 29k miles....but damn, NT, ya'll make it seem like i'm copping a plastic wheel barrel.....

what's important for me is non-cloth interior, a moonroof to smoke dro out of, and something that im excited to drop 3k on...you will spend less in gas and repairs than i will....but, honestly, that money is worth it to me...(i mean, im not about to cop the car if it needs ALOT of !@*% done to it...im comfortable putitng maybe another 1500 in the car once i pay off the small loan...)

like i said, with a 3,500 dollar budget; im looking at dodge stratus', hondas with 260k on the clock, impalas with body damage, and late 90s BMWs

i've done the "research" myself since making this post, and honestly, 3k on this car (granted the inspection comes back clean) isn't as ridiculous as yall make it sound...

even if the car is in "good shape" its blue booked at 4100....im paying 3k if its spotless....less if the inspection racks up repairs....

3n23o03p75Y15Q45T4a7n9411cd67880b17a8.jpg

granted im not throwing 23 stacks down on a 02 M5 with 29k miles....but damn, NT, ya'll make it seem like i'm copping a plastic wheel barrel.....

Back
Top Bottom