Should auto manufactures retro car models?

This would never happen for a number of reasons. Our vehicle standards and regulations have changed so much over the years it would be illegal for manufacturers to sell a ton of cars, even many from the 90s and 00s.

Crash test and pedestrian safety standards have gotten so ridiculous most cars would require severe changes to the original design. There's also the issue of gas guzzler taxes and our new manufacturer mpg standards, which would make most of the cars people would probably want re-released impossible to reproduce to spec.

If you want an old car... buy one and restore it. If you want a "new" old car, buy a Year 1 shell and build it.... that's about as close as we'll realistically ever get to this.

I'd buy a retro 91 seville. Keep the exterior the exact same with new engine and interior. Make it RWD too. :pimp:
5611600054_large.jpg

Last edited:
NO. This would completely devalue a classic car. If you really want that go to Year One and they'll do it for you.

Plus, no way at least in Cali that those cars would pass emissions.

How would you feel if everybody within the next year now has a Yenko Camaro?

Kids covet shoes, adults covet cars.

I don't think a retro car with plastic body would fly with the car crowds. The allure of older vehicles is more than just the shape of the car. Reason people still drive old cars is they prefer metal bodies.

okay but u dont think they would sell?

I don't think they would sell. They wouldn't be worth anything. Same with how if you have a '69 Camaro with the Vin reading it was a 6 cylinder. Not too mention they would be EXTREMELY expensive.

They already do by keeping design elements from the past on newer models. The Camaro, the Mustang, the Charger, and Challenger all do this well.

What I would like to see is defunct brands retro d side by side with the newer cars that share the same platform. The upcoming SRT Cuda would be nice badged as a Plymouth. And a Pontiac Trans Am would be nice during the next anniversary year.

I see new eleanor's all the time, especially around dream cruise time. There are already companies that do classic recreations.

besides who said they have to be made with subpar materials? you can use the same style and create it by today's standards. IT's just the design people want. The body styles and the couch seats.

Shame I've never had a car with couch seats. I get dome in my regular seats, but often I've imagined straight smash shorties on the long couch seat in an old school. I know that's how a lot of cats were conceived.

My dad's friend collects old cars, he has a pretty deep collection.
It wouldn't be right, it just feels disrespectful to make a 72 Camaro with crappy sweatshop made metals from China...

My dad's friend collects old cars, he has a pretty deep collection.
It wouldn't be right, it just feels disrespectful to make a 72 Camaro with crappy sweatshop made metals from China...

that whole second generation was weak, especially the mid 70's.

I love me some 1st and 3rd gen Camaros. Or anything running an LS.

Isn't the dodge Challenger a "retro* vehicle?

And I doubt Omar thinks the car manufacturers will have the same engine parts as the old.

Creative idea, however i don't see many people buying retro cars. There is already a low demand for them now, and they're dirt cheap. Doubt anyone would spend 20-30k for a 60-80's style car.

Isn't the dodge Challenger a "retro* vehicle?

And I doubt Omar thinks the car manufacturers will have the same engine parts as the old.

The Challenger is more of a reboot than a "retro".

There is no way manufacturers could use old engines for damn near any car people would want to buy. Emissions and mpg regulations are way too strict for that. Like I said earlier, even the bodies would need to be modified to adhere to passenger and pedestrian safety standards.

Creative idea, however i don't see many people buying retro cars. There is already a low demand for them now, and they're dirt cheap. Doubt anyone would spend 20-30k for a 60-80's style car.

wut?

Unfortunately, i don't care enough about this topic to go into further detail. Sorry.

I can tell.

:lol:

he's right though... there isn't much demand and aside from a few models, old cars are pretty damn cheap.

Even if manufacturers could get past current regulations, the cars would be priced much higher than people think. Steel bodies and old school manufacturing methods would cause the cost of production to through the roof in comparison to modern cars.

Bro what a few years ago an all original aar barracuda sold for 300 gs

Don't know what u on bruh

wut?

Unfortunately, i don't care enough about this topic to go into further detail. Sorry.

I can tell.

:lol:

he's right though... there isn't much demand and aside from a few models, old cars are pretty damn cheap.

where are you guys located? Around my way there's very few reasonably priced muscle cars. Just recently the Camaros sky rocketted and the corvettes dropped like crazy.

30K is the low end of what a restored or good condition original 2dr chevy will go for, even more if it's a SS or higher trim.

pro touring models go for 50K+

those are just your semi rare popular Chevys with a limited package.

Original Yenko Camaros pull 200K+ everyday and twice on Sundays.

I believe a Shelby (think 1965) sold for 5.2 million or something like that.

Back
Top Bottom