Shaquille O'Neal in a bad mood

Link
December 7, 2007 - 4:00 am
ONeal_Shaquille_mia.jpg
Miami Herald -
If Heat center Shaquille O'Neal is on the decline, he's not going down quietly.

Upset with his team's poor start and with his teammate's inability to get him the ball, O'Neal might have reached a breaking point.

O'Neal, 35, is averaging career lows in points (15.4), rebounds (7.4), minutes (28.4) and field-goal attempts (10.
glasses.gif
. He also has an all-time low level of tolerance for teammates who can't seem to get on the same page with him, and others who say his age is the biggest reason behind his decrease in production.

"If I'm taking 20 shots a game, and I'm only making two, then you can say my production is going down," O'Neal said. "But I'm still shooting 60 or 65 percent from the field. So they've got to find better ways to get me the ball. It should be simple."

Asked if he has expressed concerns with teammates or coach Pat Riley, O'Neal said, "I shouldn't have to
4f8354e9d901dfb4b049081e831a450698e3ed1.gif
communicate that."

tired.gif

Its about time.

We all know that Shaq is on the decline. But at the same time, he changes the game so much that he should get the ball a great number of times.

if he's slowing down, then duncan is also. 17 pts per game (and yet ppl on here still says he's the best player
laugh.gif
)

ppl say he's slowing down, dude is putting up 16 pts on 10 shots shooting 60+%.

he's only playing 28 mins b/c riley he either picks up cheap fouls defensively or riley doesn't think his defense is good enough.

but offensively, he can still get it done

For such a cordial, fun loving guy, Shaq's communication methods suck. Since when do you not have to say "give me the damn ball I'm SHOOTING 60%FROM THE FIELD"?

Originally Posted by ultrasur1

i've heard this story a few times before....
Basically. Homeboy stays whining to the press about his touches.

watchin the games, shaq doesnt get in great position anymore to demand the ball in a spot he needs to be successful.

he can still bully people around, but not as much as before.

and thats the difference of not being in the triangle offense .. dude is so use to having the ball the majority of the time back here in LA. the whole offensewas about getting the ball to shaq .. i feel bad for him because his teammates now don't understand that shaq is still and could still be a dominant centerand we don't get to see right now because the offense he plays for is about Dwade.. its not about him anymore its all about Dwade..

i bet he would still be a good center if he played with the lakers right now... thats the truth..

Yeah....

I was just thinking about making a thread about just how much credit can we give to Shaq for Penny, Kobe, and Wade's success....but I just decided againstit.

Shaq still commands respect in the paint.

They showed a good visual last night of how he isn't really surrounded by the type of talent that he's used to....not to mention Wade not being himself(or getting bailed out by the refs)

Originally Posted by badboyf0life420

and thats the difference of not being in the triangle offense .. dude is so use to having the ball the majority of the time back here in LA. the whole offense was about getting the ball to shaq .. i feel bad for him because his teammates now don't understand that shaq is still and could still be a dominant center and we don't get to see right now because the offense he plays for is about Dwade.. its not about him anymore its all about Dwade..

i bet he would still be a good center if he played with the lakers right now... thats the truth..

I believe that also. If he is clogging up the lane you would have to still put 2 bodies on him and he could kick out for open shots. I wouldn't mindseeing him in that purple and gold but I know it will never happen.

Shaq's contract makes him untradeable. The Heat are stuck with a police officer that can't even protect and serve a 15 by 8 foot area.

"But I'm still shooting 60 or 65 percent from the field.

Try 59%. Good - but 65% is outstanding.

Points I can give him - you can't score without the ball. But, I'd like to see him explain his rebounding - at his size it is a disgrace to beaveraging so few.

Tell his fat lazy self to stop getting in foul trouble. I say Riley leaves him out there for the first 3 quarters no breaks. He will foul out halfway throughthe 2nd. Shaq needs to humble himself.

They still have Mourning backing Shaq up i dont understand why their team is struggling this much

I don't blame him at all for these comments, they'd rather have Wade flopping around and trying to get to the line than just giving him the ball.

Back
Top Bottom