Shaq autobiography has landed

Even if some of these stories are exaggerated it will still be a good read, I'll definitely pick this up

This would only be worthwhile if Shaq told the truth about the thousands of +%!@!% he ran through in LA/Orlando/Miami
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by hawkflight6

Even if some of these stories are exaggerated it will still be a good read, I'll definitely pick this up

Except Kobe is close with Brian Shaw and lobbied for him to be coach of the team?

Originally Posted by lawdog1

The Will Smith comment wouldn't have really made sense in 1996, since Smith wasn't a box office superstar yet at that point, but it makes sense now. I think what Shaq is implying is that Kobe had it calculated out how he was going to get to the top of his profession. What he needed to do and how he needed to do it. Kind of like how Will Smith had a plan what to do to be in mega-grossing movies. The reason for the analogy is a little hard to articulate, but I see it.
It's really a matter of how you interpret what Kobe meant by wanting to be the Will Smith of basketball. In 1996, Will had his place in rap history secured, a popular sitcom under his belt, and two blockbuster films. So in that sense, Kobe wanted to be a player known for being diverse and being the best, if not one of the best, in many facets of the game. In hindsight it's kind of worked out in the Will Smith, calculated-movie-star model, so it works both ways. Not trying to start an argument, just offering different perspectives.

Originally Posted by dmbrhs

Originally Posted by lawdog1

The Will Smith comment wouldn't have really made sense in 1996, since Smith wasn't a box office superstar yet at that point, but it makes sense now. I think what Shaq is implying is that Kobe had it calculated out how he was going to get to the top of his profession. What he needed to do and how he needed to do it. Kind of like how Will Smith had a plan what to do to be in mega-grossing movies. The reason for the analogy is a little hard to articulate, but I see it.
It's really a matter of how you interpret what Kobe meant by wanting to be the Will Smith of basketball. In 1996, Will had his place in rap history secured, a popular sitcom under his belt, and two blockbuster films. So in that sense, Kobe wanted to be a player known for being diverse and being the best, if not one of the best, in many facets of the game. In hindsight it's kind of worked out in the Will Smith, calculated-movie-star model, so it works both ways. Not trying to start an argument, just offering different perspectives.
What other young, successful, up and coming, black actors were there at the time
nerd.gif

hey kobe did end up being the will smith of the nba or fresh prince lol which ever he meant

that will smith comment is on point

will had independence day, MIB, bad boys, etc at the time. he was gettin mad cake

with that being said, looking forward to reading this

Im sure it will be full of the usual Shaq excuses and fingerpointing without owning up to his own faults. Like his splits from Orlando, Los Angeles, and Miami were not his fault at all. And if says Kobe ratted to Jerry West about rookie hazing, will Shaq own up to ratting to West about Van Exel's Cancun chant?

Originally Posted by vanexellent

Im sure it will be full of the usual Shaq excuses and fingerpointing without owning up to his own faults. Like his splits from Orlando, Los Angeles, and Miami were not his fault at all. And if says Kobe ratted to Jerry West about rookie hazing, will Shaq own up to ratting to West about Van Exel's Cancun chant?
Yeah. What chant?

Back
Top Bottom