Shameless official thread Vol. Don't even know what season they are on.

Frank is one of the best characters on TV.

They can let Sheila go, Frank, hell no.

Do some of you actually want the show to be funny, because right now only Frank, Carl and sometimes Kev bring the laughs.

Frank gon bounce back like Cam when he hopped out that casket in the Curtis video 
pimp.gif

cam-casket-o.gif

Frank is one of the best characters on TV.

They can let Sheila go, Frank, hell no.

Do some of you actually want the show to be funny, because right now only Frank, Carl and sometimes Kev bring the laughs.
Personally, i think Sheila is absolutely hilarious.  More so in the first couple of seasons, but i still think her craziness is pretty damn funny.  that wedding dress she had on in the hospital, wtf?
roll.gif

Ok, maybe lip is in a better position because of what the girls in his life did for him no doubt, but dude can sell salt to a slug... Remember when him and kev fixed that ice cream truck to sell green and cigs , taking SATs for people, when he mounts the laser on that robot and wins that robot war, when he scams all them people thinking there going to the party, ect. Ect. I just think a kid from the gutter, who is smart as he is, and also street smart he's bound to be successful, unless he gets bagged I.E Fiona this season

Ok, maybe lip is in a better position because of what the girls in his life did for him no doubt, but dude can sell salt to a slug... Remember when him and kev fixed that ice cream truck to sell green and cigs , taking SATs for people, when he mounts the laser on that robot and wins that robot war, when he scams all them people thinking there going to the party, ect. Ect. I just think a kid from the gutter, who is smart as he is, and also street smart he's bound to be successful, unless he gets bagged I.E Fiona this season
When Lip first got to college i hated his attitude.  He faced some tough love from professors,etc. and at first he did not respond that well.  But eventually he responded just like i had hoped he would.  I think he has shown a lot of growth and maturity this season.  From what he was at the beginning of the season, to what he has become - i'm happy that the character has evolved into what he is currently.  It is good to see someone from the family having success on the level that Lip is right now.

Last edited:

When Lip first got to college i hated his attitude.  He faced some tough love from professors,etc. and at first he did not respond that well.  But eventually he responded just like i had hoped he would.  I think he has shown a lot of growth and maturity this season.  From what he was at the beginning of the season, to what he has become - i'm happy that the character has evolved into what he is currently.  It is good to see someone from the family having success on the level that Lip is right now.
his teacher was full of it not lettin him take that exam

^ I was glad his professor was hard on him there, Lip needed to know that he isn't going to be able to just skate by and talk his way out of situations only to continue to make the same mistakes.  I was almost upset that the professor relented so easy in the end.  He had a valid reason for being late but still...

^ I was glad his professor was hard on him there, Lip needed to know that he isn't going to be able to just skate by and talk his way out of situations only to continue to make the same mistakes.  I was almost upset that the professor relented so easy in the end.  He had a valid reason for being late but still...
Couldn't have said it better myself...

nah it was bs thats why he let him retake it in the end

i see where ur coming from as a character he always seems to luck out

Also for all these ppl saying Frank should die, why? I don't see how Frank's death benefits this show in the least. This really isn't that type of show where the dynamic is improved by the death of a main character. Yes this is the show where a main character could die given all the ups and downs but I'm not seeing how they don't miss a beat by killing Frank and trying to move on from there. This aint Dexter or Weeds or Californication. Yes, Showtime tends to interfere and run shows in to the ground but none of you are explaining how Frank's death would be a good thing. Also at the same time there are shows on Showtime that didn't get interfered with to the point they suck.

Honestly Lip comes off as a dude that'll bite off more than he can chew. I can see had he not been in college him trying some other scheme and getting caught by the FEDs and end up in a Jimmy situation.

Franks liver has failed and he's stopped breathing more times than I count, like enough already. I've appreciated him as a main character, more so in the earlier seasons but at this point they seem like they are doing anything to stretch his storyline. It seems like it's more about keeping William. H Macy on board rather than Frank the character. He's had about 1 good moment this season, that speech at Carl's bullying meeting. Besides that he's been pretty much dead, begging for drugs. I don't see how he's necessary at all going forward, even when the family meets with him in the hospital when he's "dying" nobody really cares because it doesn't matter either way.

Last edited:
Maybe the whole arc they have taken with Frank's character this season was so they could focus more on the other cast. Kev said something in the beginning of the season that should resonate and has pretty much been the theme of this season, "Frank’s a cockroach. You can stomp on him, spray him, try and drown him, but he always comes crawling back up out of the toilet bowl.”

Franks liver has failed and he's stopped breathing more times than I count, like enough already. I've appreciated him as a main character, more so in the earlier seasons but at this point they seem like they are doing anything to stretch his storyline. It seems like it's more about keeping William. H Macy on board rather than Frank the character. He's had about 1 good moment this season, that speech at Carl's bullying meeting. Besides that he's been pretty much dead, begging for drugs. I don't see how he's necessary at all going forward, even when the family meets with him in the hospital when he's "dying" nobody really cares because it doesn't matter either way.
Yea thats the worst part about Frank this season for me...this dude basically died like 5 times already and now they gonna throw a hail mary and let him live, come back better than ever...if they gonna act like he basically dead all season, let him die

Maybe the whole arc they have taken with Frank's character this season was so they could focus more on the other cast. Kev said something in the beginning of the season that should resonate and has pretty much been the theme of this season, "Frank’s a cockroach. You can stomp on him, spray him, try and drown him, but he always comes crawling back up out of the toilet bowl.”

You realize how this sounds right? If they wanted to focus more on the rest of the cast, kill him, that's my exact point.

They pump faking like D-Wade.

I'm just tired of frank being a ****** dad storyline. If he ever gets healthy again just let him be somewhat of a good dad. No more drinking and sleeping on the streets

You realize how this sounds right? If they wanted to focus more on the rest of the cast, kill him, that's my exact point.

They pump faking like D-Wade.
if they've done this to focus on other characters it's better to keep him around in a minimized role.  If viewership starts to slip in his absence they can always 

bring him back into focus
I'm just tired of frank being a ****** dad storyline. If he ever gets healthy again just let him be somewhat of a good dad. No more drinking and sleeping on the streets

Last edited:

Well if it wasn't for Mandy he'd still be in the neighborhood. Dude kept fighting against trying to work towards a better life. When Fiona was on his case about him being so smart and doing something with his life he kept rebelling. Even when he was messing up in the beginning of the semester and talked about dropping out Kev gave him the wtf look. Like Kev said scraping by and living in that neighborhood isn't what he should want to come back to.

Well if it wasn't for Mandy he'd still be in the neighborhood. Dude kept fighting against trying to work towards a better life. When Fiona was on his case about him being so smart and doing something with his life he kept rebelling. Even when he was messing up in the beginning of the semester and talked about dropping out Kev gave him the wtf look. Like Kev said scraping by and living in that neighborhood isn't what he should want to come back to.
I forgot about when kev said that to him, i think Lip definitely took that to heart..

Yeah, with everything that happened to Liam and how strange Ian has been acting Lip definitely knows he has to keep moving forward. This recent episode Kev had to pull a gun on mickey just to get cash for some baby stuff.

if they've done this to focus on other characters it's better to keep him around in a minimized role.  If viewership starts to slip in his absence they can always 

bring him back into focus
Exactly, now I am starting to think awwsome just loves to argue.
laugh.gif

Franks liver has failed and he's stopped breathing more times than I count, like enough already.
That's just storytelling to convey a real situation. None of those moments should you think Frank is actually dead. I mean you'd have to be crazy to think he'd go out quietly. Most of those scenes are ppl taking care of him freaking out that he'll die not his liver actually failing.

I've appreciated him as a main character, more so in the earlier seasons but at this point they seem like they are doing anything to stretch his storyline.
Yeah I'm not getting this. They give Frank the liver problems to continue developing his story. There is no stretching out of his storyline as if he's some character that was set up to only have a limited time on the show. He's not Karen and the writers somehow keep finding a way to bring her back in the story by connecting her to Lip and then bringing her back to bang Carl. The liver disease is apart of Frank's story given how they portrayed his history of drinking and how he's operated for 4 seasons.

It seems like it's more about keeping William. H Macy on board rather than Frank the character. He's had about 1 good moment this season, that speech at Carl's bullying meeting. Besides that he's been pretty much dead, begging for drugs. I don't see how he's necessary at all going forward, even when the family meets with him in the hospital when he's "dying" nobody really cares because it doesn't matter either way.
Yeah all this just seems like you don't like the storyline for Frank this season and you dislike it so much that given the topic of it you actually want him to die.

This show just isn't about good moments. They're telling a story here. I can appreciate that. They could've easily wrote in scenes he could've had with all of his kids but it seems to me you've ignored his latching on to Carl and then bonding with Sammy this entire season.

I mean this is a show with 5+ main characters. Writers are juggling a lot each season and by dialing Frank's focus down but still keeping him important they've managed to tell stories about Carl, Debbie (although I don't care for it), turn the tables on Fiona, and bring in a new Gallagher in Sammy. Most of that either doesn't happen the same way or is heavily changed with a healthy Frank around being Frank. For one I can guarantee he would've got to the coke before Liam.

You kinda gotta step back and see the bigger picture for what the writers plotted out man.

Now that he's come so close to death there's a chance of him changing a bit specifically cuz of how Sammy stuck with him no matter what. Like Frank said all his kids end up leaving him in the end (or at least that's how he sees it) so he may reflect on why that is and do something about it

or he can come out of this with a new lease on life thinking about how bad a person and father he's been and feel so guilty that he shouldn't be apart of there lives at all anymore and just dip.

or none of that can happen, he can just ignore all of the events, learn nothing from it, and keep being Frank, doing more crazy **** and be even more reckless :lol:

Last edited:
You think keeping Frank alive after doctors said he was supposed to be dead weeks ago and then keep teasing his is storytelling to convey a real situation? I don't.

He was on his deathbed then suddenly gets moved up on the transplant list? That's definitely storytelling but not realistic in the least bit. I'm willing to suspend my belief but idk how you could call that real.

I agree that they are using him as a safety net but I don't really respect that from a writing standpoint seeing as like you said they have a bunch of other characters they could be developing. You're saying that a lot of that stuff doesn't happen if a healthy Frank is around but it would with a dead Frank because that's basically what he's been this season. They've developed Frank as much as they can, there's nothing that's happened this season that's expanded our view of him as a character so what exactly is he still around for?

I wouldn't call the Sammy situation exactly "bonding", it is for her but Frank is just using her like he has everyone else in his life and sees her as easy drugs. "More pills". He latched on to Carl in the beginning yes but at this point even he sees him for who he really is.

I respect your opinion because you're definitely someone who's views I respect regarding film/TV but I disagree.

Idk about Frank changing his ways either, in the preview for the next episode it seems like he's missing pieces mentally when he comes too after the surgery and doesn't remember much.

Back
Top Bottom