***SF Giants 2009 Season Thread (88-74)***

laugh.gif
mercy rule?

why couldnt they give this support or even half in cain and zito's starts? could of swept the cardinals smh

Originally Posted by LB510

Id like to see Fred Lewis play tonight
Why would you want to see a guy who takes bad routes at fly balls? Why would you want to see a guy with 61 strikeouts? Why do you want to see aguy with a .250 batting average?

He had his chance to show why the organization wanted him to play left field everyday. He didn't come through and he can't handle to play left fieldeveryday. He should be in Fresno.

^ Its 13-0 how could he hurt us. This would be rhe peefect tine to get him a few AB's just to build some confidence. Im not really big on Torres either.Everyone in a game like this wants to feel liked they contributed give him that chance

^ Its 13-0 how could he hurt us. This would be rhe peefect tine to get him a few AB's just to build some confidence.
He would hurt it by taking away ABs to other players who deserve the time. Torres and especially Schierholtz deserve the ABs.

Originally Posted by Tim Lincecum

Why would you want to see a guy who takes bad routes at fly balls? Why would you want to see a guy with 61 strikeouts? Why do you want to see a guy with a .250 batting average?

He had his chance to show why the organization wanted him to play left field everyday. He didn't come through and he can't handle to play left field everyday. He should be in Fresno.
hater ...Lewis still my dude

Originally Posted by stuntastic020

Why would you want to see a guy who takes bad routes at fly balls? Why would you want to see a guy with 61 strikeouts? Why do you want to see a guy with a .250 batting average?

He had his chance to show why the organization wanted him to play left field everyday. He didn't come through and he can't handle to play left field everyday. He should be in Fresno.
Lewis should have it figured out already. He's been in the league since 2006. I admit, I was a Fred Lewis advocate when Bonds was nearing theend of his career. I wanted to see him play in left field, but that was 2-3 years ago. I'm over that.

He's had almost all of last season and first three months of this season to show why he should have the ABs, but time's up with K-Fred.

Originally Posted by stuntastic020

Hater? lol Red is telling the truth. It's beyond me how anybody can think otherwise.

I think some people still think of Lewis as a young up and comer. The dude is going to be 29 this year. He can't hit for average, doesn't hit forpower, is a horrible outfielder, and he isn't even young.

Originally Posted by FRANCHISE 55

I think some people still think of Lewis as a young up and comer. The dude is going to be 29 this year. He can't hit for average, doesn't hit for power, is a horrible outfielder, and he isn't even young.

QFT. I hear people calling for him to be in Fresno. I say its time for us to release him. He sucks, plain and simple. Sending him to Fresno isnt going to makehim better. He just isnt good.

[h1]The Giants look to acquire a left-handed bat[/h1]
By Gordon Edes,Yahoo! Sports 1 hour, 4 minutes ago

The day is long past when BarryBonds(notes) is going to walk through that door. But the San Francisco Giants, who headed into the holiday weekend on top of a 10-teampack separated by just four games for the National League wild-card berth, are also past the point of conceding they can't win a playoff spot because oftheir popgun offense.

The Giants, the NL's most surprising team in the first half, are actively looking for another bat (or two) to support a pitching staff that could throwa scare into anyone in October.

With less than a month before the trading deadline, the Giants' search for another hitter, according to one major league executive, has focused on threefirst basemen: Washington's NickJohnson(notes), Baltimore's Aubrey Huff(notes)and Pittsburgh's Adam LaRoche(notes).

[table][tr][td]
[/td] [/tr][/table]
b

They've also spoken to San Diego about a deal that would send starter Jonathan Sanchez(notes)to the Padres for outfielder ScottHairston(notes).

Johnson, Huff and LaRoche are left-handed hitters who will become free agents after the season. Of the three, LaRoche began the weekend with the most homeruns (12), one more than Huff. Johnson had the highest batting average (.295) and has been targeted by several teams, including the Mets and Red Sox.

Giants first baseman TravisIshikawa(notes), meanwhile, has just five home runs in 158 at-bats.

The Giants entered the weekend with only two hitters, Bengie Molina(notes)and Pablo Sandoval(notes), with more than 10 home runs and 40 RBIs. Only Sandoval is batting .300 or better. They began the weekend ranked15th in the 16-team NL in runs scored, and are last in on-base percentage and 14th in home runs.

But with 2008 Cy Young Award winner TimLincecum(notes) even better this season, Matt Cain(notes)emerging as a potential 20-game winner, ageless Randy Johnson(notes)holding his own and Barry Zito(notes)occasionally showing flashes of his old Oakland form, Giants manager Bruce Bochy has a starting rotation that leads the NL with a 3.73 ERA. Because of thehigh-profile Lincecum and Big Unit, the starters have not gone unnoticed.

The bullpen is another story. The unheralded relief corps ranks third in the league with a 3.30 ERA, and it goes beyond closer Brian Wilson(notes)and his 21 saves. Justin Miller(notes), Brandon Medders(notes)and Bobby Howry have been a reliable setup crew, with Jeremy Affeldt(notes), the lone lefty in the pen, posting a 1.44 ERA.

"The Giants are legit," a rival NL scout said. "Lincecum and Cain are both pitching out of their minds, and the guys in the bullpen have donemore than I thought they would. Everybody they bring up has pitched well. They're not a fluke, that's for sure."

[h2]Saturdays Giants lineup[/h2]
Posted by Andrew Baggarly on July 4th, 2009 at 10:39 am | Categorized as Uncategorized

In case you missed last nights postgame roster move, 2B Matt Downs was optioned to Triple-A Fresno and Rich Aurilia was activated from the bereavement list. This leaves the Giants with 13 pitchers and awfully thin in the middle infield. Probably another move on the horizon.

CF Rowand
LF Winn
3B Sandoval
C Molina
RF Schierholtz
SS Renteria
1B Ishikawa
2B Uribe
P Lincecum

Back
Top Bottom