***SF Giants 2009 Season Thread (88-74)***

timmy with the complete game!!
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Wow, with the performance by Timmy.

I hate to say this about Cain, but even though he's having a really good year, Tim deserves to start in St. Louis again in the All-Star game.

It's safe to say that Tim Lincecum IS the best pitcher in the National League.

And oh yeah, Giants score 10 runs! While this team is playing extremely well, I'm taking it in all that I can because this offense doesn't do thisoften.
pimp.gif

a perfect game or no-hitter isnt too far off for timmy, i can see it happening within the next couple years.

Originally Posted by aec23

a perfect game or no-hitter isnt too far off for timmy, i can see it happening within the next couple years.
Many things have to go right for Tim for that to happen.

[h1]San Francisco Giants scouts checking out Jermaine Dye[/h1] [h2]Sox RF grew up near San Francisco[/h2] By Mark Gonzales |Tribune reporter June 30, 2009
47785894.jpg

Jermaine Dye runs the bases following a solo home run against the Cubs. (JosÃ[emoji]169[/emoji] M. Osorio, Chicago Tribune / June 28, 2009)
CLEVELAND -- With the non-waiver trade deadline one month away, teams are expected to increase their evaluations and discussions.

And even after White Sox general manager Ken Williams said last week he intends to remain a buyer, it won't stop other teams, such as the San Francisco Giants, from scouting Sox players who can help them for their own playoff runs.

The Giants, who lead the National League wild-card race, sent one of their top scouts to Cleveland on Monday to watch right fielder Jermaine Dye.

The Giants also were believed to be looking at Cleveland's Victor Martinez, according to a source.

Dye, 35, presents a unique case. He has been one of the Sox's most productive hitters and most respected players in the clubhouse.

He has a no-trade clause limited to six teams in the Northeast. Dye grew up in Vacaville, Calif., about an hour east of San Francisco, and the Giants train near Dye's off-season home in Scottsdale, Ariz.

Dye's contract includes a $12 million mutual option for 2010 that becomes a player option if he is traded. The Sox would receive two draft picks if Dye stays with the Sox but his option isn't picked up and he leaves for free agency.

Last week, Williams discussed a scenario in which the Sox could acquire a younger player that could be interpreted as a "they've thrown in the towel" move but would be viewed by the team as a neutral deal for 2009 with a bigger upside the following three seasons.

The Giants have significantly upgraded their farm system the last two years.

"If Kenny is going to make some moves, he will make the move first and then say he's selling," manager Ozzie Guillen said Monday night. "He's not going to tell people."

Ive been sayin it for a while.....SUUUUUPER down for Dye. But I still feel that we are 2 bats short. Not necessarily 2 huge bats, but we need them both.

Originally Posted by dland24

Ive been sayin it for a while.....SUUUUUPER down for Dye. But I still feel that we are 2 bats short. Not necessarily 2 huge bats, but we need them both.
I have to agree with that, but he'd be a good piece to add. Supposedly our scouts were checking out Victor Martinez too.

We dont need anymore outfielders. Third base/first base.
Honesty I dont see up making any move although another Middle releiver would be nice just incase the 5th spot in the rotation doesn't work out.

Game time!

2-0 Giants
pimp.gif
Being aggressive early
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by UsedToBeCool

Originally Posted by dland24

I have to agree with that, but he'd be a good piece to add. Supposedly our scouts were checking out Victor Martinez too.

I dont think thats true. With Buster waiting in the wings, and Bengie still having a few years left in him (if we choose to resign), I just dont see us goingafter him. Unless we are looking at him for 1B.....but what do I know. Im just a fan who is speculating.

^ cosign and no way that was a swinging strike by Uribe
Victor Martinez
pimp.gif

ohwell.gif
That really hurt second and third 1out and we get 0
ohwell.gif

Back
Top Bottom