***SF Giants 2009 Season Thread (88-74)***

I was at the game today, good times. Finally got to see the Giants win while attending a game
laugh.gif
glasses.gif

Originally Posted by Uter Zorker

Sanchez better have a good outing tomorrow or else send his %+% down to AAA and bring up Bumgarner
I'm all for it if he doesn't perform tomorrow. Sanchez has been a big letdown this season.

Originally Posted by gusyouout

Originally Posted by Uter Zorker

Sanchez better have a good outing tomorrow or else send his %+% down to AAA and bring up Bumgarner
I'm all for it if he doesn't perform tomorrow. Sanchez has been a big letdown this season.
I would not be surprised if Lincecum gets the start tomorrow. They might as well since the Giants are coming off a sweep and do NOT want to losemomentum.

I do not agree with Bumgarner being called up at all this year. Why? He still needs to play in AAA, although he's killing batters in AA ball, I don'twant the Giants to rush a promising pitcher and have them fall out. (IE David Aardsma, Jesse Foppert)

He should have been in AAA after in lost that game in Arizona a few weeks ago. I'd be ok with a move to the bullpen and Afflet as the startersince he has had a lot of starting experience.

Anyone go to any of the games in Oakland?
What the #@$# has gotten into the Rookies
sick.gif

What are your expectations of Barry Zito now that he's our 4th SP? Has your expectations of him gone down year by year? Will he ever earn the money we signed him for?
There is no reason he could'nt have been #1 if he played now like he did with the A's. As of now 1&2 are locked up with our future butbeening 4th behing RJ is just
sick.gif
* no disrespect to RJ.
I dont think he will ever earn the money we signed him for just because of the fact he was way overpaid. If I recall the Giants also looked at CC Sabathia, BenSheets, Jake Pevy and a couple others all who look like they would have been far better choices.

I have always been huge fans of these two

mark_buehrle_no_hitter.jpg
PHP480EC01FE0EFF.jpg

I'm pretty sure Webb was available not sure about Buehrle

Moving on I hope he gets it togeather anywhere bewteen 13-15 wins would be nice out of 25 starts(not including ND)

laugh.gif
who knew after leaving the A's Tim Hudson would be the mostproductive from the big 3

He seems to flourish in that role, but never likely be the same pitcher he was in Oakland. He's shown flashes of the Barry of old, but putting it all together consistently has been a problem. He signed the huge contract of $126 million for 7 years 3 seasons ago and some of us are still bitter about the whole deal, but we can't go back now.
Clearly
07 11-13 4.53
08 10-17 5.15
09 3-7 4.32

DONT EQUAL 126 million

I haven't listen to knbr in a while is Ralph still hell bent on the fact we should have gotten Vladimir Guerrero?
laugh.gif
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by LiveMyReality

How did Matt Downs do in the series? I know he got a hit. Haha.
He seemed pretty comfortable in the field, but obviously he didn't do much at the plate. Pretty much not the answer at second so the revolvingdoor will continue.

Back
Top Bottom