***SF Giants 2009 Season Thread (88-74)***

Originally Posted by GSDOUBLEU

Originally Posted by dland24

thats the problem, you have not seen him pitch before today ( niether have i for that matter )

OK well answer me this. Based just on his stuff (velocity, movement, off speed pitches, etc), were you impressed?
for being 20 years, i am

Ok, well, you still havent answered my question. Age is not relevant.

thats the problem, you have not seen him pitch before today ( niether have i for that matter )

OK well answer me this. Based just on his stuff (velocity, movement, off speed pitches, etc), were you impressed?
for being 20 years, i am

Ok, well, you still havent answered my question. Age is not relevant.
His control for the most part was good except for 2 pitches he hung up where they went deep. Speed on fastballs is not something every pitcherhas, but doesnt mean the fast ball is not good, the off speed stuff was okay, but as it gets better it will help the fastball. As of right now i am impressed,he proved he could get out of jams, didnt lose his cool when he gave up the home runs. Of course i expect his stuff to get better.

Not a giants fan but I saw Madison pitch as a junior against North Forsyth High school, a team that was 31-0 and ranked #15 in the nation by SI, that featuredDustin Ackley and 6 other D1 players. Bumgarner hit high 90's throughout the night while hitting a 2 run homerun that was the difference in the ballgame.If I can remember correctly he struck out close to 13 and allowed only a couple of hits. The kid was very impressive in the outing that I saw and lived up tohis hype at the time. The only thing that I've ever heard is that the guy just needs to work on his offspeed stuff which obviously he's been doing downin the minors.

laugh.gif
Aaron Rowand is back. Swing at the balls and take the strikes. SMFH @ this piece of @$#% not running that past ball out. @%!%!

laugh.gif

Yep. That about wraps up our chances for the playoffs.

It was a fun, although frustrating season. But I expect nothing different from a Bay Area sports franchise.

I wouldn't count them out until next week.

The opportunity is there for the Giants to climb back in the race (3 vs. Dodgers at home, 3 vs. Rockies at home, 3 vs. Dodgers on the road).

They should have beaten the Padres, but then again we just lost 2 out of 3 at home to those runts.

I just came back from the game and disappointed in the loss.

Bengie should of caught the ball from Nate. I thought maybe there would have been a play had he caught it. I'm getting tired of seeing Bengie behind theplate and his dead bat still slotted in the 4th spot. I know that the team doesn't have a prototypical 4th hitter, but I think Uribe being hot, he shouldbe 4th.

As for Mad Bum, I thought he had a pretty solid outing being his debut and all, so I think he'll do better next time out whenever that may be.

Originally Posted by FRANCHISE 55

Originally Posted by LB510

23 more games I think were going to need at least 14-15 more wins.
If the Giants go 15-8. the Rockies have to go 12-11 to tie. 15 isn't going to cut it.

Yea your right 2/3 or 3/4 here on out (probally need to sweep 3 or 4 series). Losing more than one series we can kiss the WC goodbye.

Back
Top Bottom