Serious Topic. Your feelings on suicide vol. weak or strong

On a serious note though...My uncle commited suicide last year because his wife wanted a divorce....VERY selfish on his part because he has 2 youngchildren......

takes a lot to go thru w/ that.. a whole lot.
tired.gif

i despise those who call them cowards
if you don't agree w/ what they do, fine.. no need to pass judgement on them though.. especially since you have no idea what they were going thru..
we all can't be strong and tough like you
indifferent.gif

I would only kill myself if I had some painful disease that would eventually kill me. As for others doing it, I think it is quite sad. These people needserious help. I am a Psychology major so I have started to learn more and take things more seriously.

Originally Posted by Lil Cao

Originally Posted by IMPORTKING

the most selfish thing you can do
Agreed.. it leaves their loved ones feeling responsible, and they will never know reasons and intentions behind the suicide victim, for the rest of their life.

With that said.. r.i.p. to my boy from years back. Wish I coulda done something to help.
tired.gif
So if the person left a letter stating the reason why they are going through with this act does that make it not selfish then?
Originally Posted by jawnyquest

tired.gif

i despise dont agree with those who call them cowards
if you don't agree w/ what they do, fine.. no need to pass judgement on them though.. especially since you have no idea what they were going thru..
indifferent.gif
I agree with all the above statements.

Originally Posted by rwfanatic

Agreed.. it leaves their loved ones feeling responsible, and they will never know reasons and intentions behind the suicide victim, for the rest of their life.

With that said.. r.i.p. to my boy from years back. Wish I coulda done something to help.
tired.gif
So if the person left a letter stating the reason why they are going through with this act does that make it not selfish then?

tired.gif

i despise dont agree with those who call them cowards
indifferent.gif
I agree with all the above statements.
But what would a letter do? Closure? No.. it's selfish because they still didn't give anyone a chance to help them out, nor did theybother seeking for help. I think I said it in a different post. My fault for the wording.
I mean.. I can see what jawnyquest is saying, but damn, it's just not right.

tired.gif

indifferent.gif

Life is the most precious Gift in the world...and you're willing to take that gift and flush it down the toilet over some problems?....And what if you haveChildren? You would want your Children to suffer through that?....Or even your Mother and Father...A parent should NEVER have to bury their Child...EVER...

You must endure the rain to enjoy the Sun...Life aint easy for anyone on this Earth....even the filthy rich and the healthiest people have problems...

A cousin i didnt know committed suicide. It was mind boggling, she just graduated from a nice university. Then a few weeks later she was found hanging in hercloset.

Suicide isn't necessarily strong or weak, it's just a cry for help. Unless the person is deficient mentally, then they wouldn't want to commitsuicide without having a reason, and usually that reason can be resolved with some help.

Originally Posted by dugtrio

it's also selfish for you to make someone stay alive that feels that strongly they want to die.
I'm sorry man.. but NO ONE SHOULD have to die. You'd seriously just allow someone to off themselves just because that's how they feel? That's okay?
If anyone is willing to help out a depressed man, you'll save his life and allow him to further at peace. Lifetime of happiness > life cut short due to depression.
The problem is people suffer silently, sometimes they hide it and friends and family won't even know. Even if they do know, it's notalways easy to just try to help and hope things get better. Even with counseling, medication, etc. sometimes people just can't take it. Of course no onewants to die, and if you knew someone thinking about suicide you'd try to help, but far too often the person keeps it to themselves until it's toolate.

weak because they can't handle life and choose to kill themselves? Its like playing a board game and you're losing, would you continue even though youare losing or would you just be a !!#% and flip the monopoly over and leave, leaving all your friends pissed off and miserable? Its easy to suicide, hard tosurvive. They are gutsy though, I give them that.

Originally Posted by KayCurrency

tired.gif

indifferent.gif

Life is the most precious Gift in the world...and you're willing to take that gift and flush it down the toilet over some problems?....And what if you have Children? You would want your Children to suffer through that?....Or even your Mother and Father...A parent should NEVER have to bury their Child...EVER...

You must endure the rain to enjoy the Sun...Life aint easy for anyone on this Earth....even the filthy rich and the healthiest people have problems...

you miss that last line?
everyone isn't built the same way. everyone handles their issues differently.
that's your view on life, not fact.. youve been on nt long enough to know that people almost never share the same views so why would you even throw thatout there?

Originally Posted by dugtrio

it's also selfish for you to make someone stay alive that feels that strongly they want to die.

i don't think suicide is a good option though unless you have a terminal disease and are in pain.
I agree. I believe that as long as you minimize your peeps' dependency on you and prepare them to live w/o you, then you're set to pullthe trigger without having to worry about being selfish.

Originally Posted by KayCurrency

tired.gif

indifferent.gif

Life is the most precious Gift in the world...and you're willing to take that gift and flush it down the toilet over some problems?....And what if you have Children? You would want your Children to suffer through that?....Or even your Mother and Father...A parent should NEVER have to bury their Child...EVER...

you miss that last line?
everyone isn't built the same way. everyone handles their issues differently.
that's your view on life, not fact.. youve been on nt long enough to know that people almost never share the same views so why would you even throw that out there?

Because I feel like debating
nerd.gif

I always wonder if what those people think as they realize what they've done.

When they know the have to die as their falling from the building. Like if they wish they didn't do it. Or right before they die. I always though theperson would be thinking how bad what there doing is and they regret it.

Suicide is tough. I think people do it who are depressed are not weak they just do it because they have that problem.

For most people, suicide isn't a viable option. However, for some of you calling people that commit suicide, "cowards" and "pathetic",etc, I think THATS pretty pathetic. Unless you know someone who is chronically depressed or has some sort of real emotional problem, you probably shouldn'tspeak down on those who consider suicide a 'good' option. Its not as if there is some debate in the medical or psychological community...there reallyare people with mental problems and issues who look to suicide as a viable option. To downgrade this reality shows a lack of knowledge on the subject...

Procrastination prevents me from committing suicide. I think I can keep this up for 50years or so.

Originally Posted by TheZephyr777

I always wonder if what those people think as they realize what they've done.

When they know the have to die as their falling from the building. Like if they wish they didn't do it. Or right before they die. I always though the person would be thinking how bad what there doing is and they regret it.

Suicide is tough. I think people do it who are depressed are not weak they just do it because they have that problem.
i recommend shooting yourself over jumping.

suicide by falling are for people who has gotten really messed up in the head.

but i imagine that you would be too overwhelmed by the wind to evaluate your decision anyway.

def weak... if you cant handle something and you feel the need to off yourself that makes you weak no matter if it is hereditary (sp) or not...

tired.gif

indifferent.gif
cosign

i bet most of these people who are passing all of this judgment have never been depressed or suicidal
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by eye see soles

I wouldn't call it weak because sometimes there are hereditary traits the person has (depression, anxiety, stress, cancer, etc.) that drives them to take their life.

It's not strong either.

It's just fate.
basically.
grin.gif

Back
Top Bottom