Serious Topic. Your feelings on suicide vol. weak or strong

mexicansoul

Banned
First, I'm not having suicidal thoughts or anything but I was thinking about the saying when someone commits suicide and people saying they were weak.

I personally feel it takes strength to go through with it. I dont think I'd ever be strong enough to do myself.

Do you guys feel people who do themselves in are weak?

for us normai social people we say its pathetic, but Im going to assume when depression hits you hard and its constantly running through your mind, and youhave the urge to jut get away, humans will commit suicide

I think you just have to be pushed so much to a certain extent when you literally cant take living anymore

I wouldn't call it weak because sometimes there are hereditary traits the person has (depression, anxiety, stress, cancer, etc.) that drives them to taketheir life.

It's not strong either.

It's just fate.

i say both. one is weak because of they fact that they can no longer handle life, but one is strong for having the power to do that to themselves.

think about it.. do you think you would be able to off yourself?

How does it make you a strong person if you commit suicide oding on pills

Now jumping from a building on the other hand...

Originally Posted by seventh letter

Word, you gotta be really brave to jump off a building.

indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by eye see soles

I wouldn't call it weak because sometimes there are hereditary traits the person has (depression, anxiety, stress, cancer, etc.) that drives them to take their life.

It's not strong either.

It's just fate.
good way of looking at it.

I'm not thee most religious person in the world but I believe in God, brought up catholic but I always have sympathy for people who commit suicide...Acolleague of mine, p.e. teacher, got his masters' and credentials then killed himself...and he was your typical new yorker living in California, always hadfun...and it always bothered me as to why after achieving such success (in the educational field, getting your credential means a lot) and then ending yourlife.

It's good to see NT can still hold intelligent conversations

Originally Posted by seventh letter

However one chooses, I personally feel, theres a moment of strength to actually go through with it.

I think its one of the bravest, arrogant, disturbing things you could do to yourself. Right or wrong, it takes balls. To literally rid yourself ofexistence...so mind boggling and it's not fair to say these people are weak, IMO. Pain is different for everyone and most people who commit or are suicidalare plagued, seriously plagued by demons most people wouldn't even begin to understand. You really can't judge, we don't know what happens to them.Are they or are they not at peace once it happens? No one knows. It's just not fair to say they're weak, we have no idea #$% people are dealing with onthe inside. I just wish people weren't that sick enough to kill themselves. I can't judge, I just can't. I pray that people can overcome thosethoughts, it's no joke.

I'm not going to judge anybody that's killed themselves by saying they're weak because I don't know what they were going through mentally orsuffering with that brought them to the point of suicide. For people who are severely depressed everyday of their life is a struggle and instead of goingthrough life being miserable they'd rather just not live at all. I kind of feel sorry for people that take their own lives actually.

I would never do it
but the thoughts invade my mind daily... but in the sense of being afraid of heights and imagining myself falling... if that makes sense.

Originally Posted by IMPORTKING

the most selfish thing you can do
Agreed.. it leaves their loved ones feeling responsible, and they will never know reasons and intentions behind the suicide victim, for the restof their life.

With that said.. r.i.p. to my boy from years back. Wish I coulda done something to help.
tired.gif

it's also selfish for you to make someone stay alive that feels that strongly they want to die.

i don't think suicide is a good option though unless you have a terminal disease and are in pain.

Originally Posted by dugtrio

it's also selfish for you to make someone stay alive that feels that strongly they want to die.

This has to be the dumbest thing that i've read in a while
laugh.gif
....Imnot even playin'

I'm sorry man.. but NO ONE SHOULD have to die. You'd seriously just allow someone to off themselves just because that's how they feel?That's okay?
If anyone is willing to help out a depressed man, you'll save his life and allow him to further at peace. Lifetime of happiness > life cut short due todepression.

One of my best friends committed suicide..... but he was doing coke at the time... but yeah, its never the answer....

Originally Posted by KayCurrency

laugh.gif
....Im not even playin'
i'm just saying, it's another perspective. i could give a damn if you think it's dumb.

Originally Posted by MidEastBeast

Weak pathetic cowards.

you see I wouldnt look at it this way, esp. cowards thats just wrong, how about those born with disabilities like dude said above, severe depression, or justmental kids? I had a teacher who was the nicest, innocent dude and found out he experimented with PCP and jumped out a window
I wouldnt call him a coward nor pathetic, more like bad judgement for taking the drug

laugh.gif
....Im not even playin'
i'm just saying, it's another perspective. i could give a damn if you think it's dumb.

....says the man who took the time to explain himself....

I honestly believe it depends on the persons situation... there are people that have lives that is unbearable to live through

laugh.gif
....Im not even playin'

....says the man who took the time to explain himself....
roll.gif

Back
Top Bottom