serious topic: why are women in such a rush to get married?

Originally Posted by pip777

Originally Posted by aepps20

Thanks! Me and my woman are 26. I believe that she will be my wife, but I'm not going to go in a engagement/marriage feeling like I'm doing it just to please her/shut her up. When it happens.....it will happen. If she can't handle the wait; I'll wish her the best and Godspeed and continue to do what I need to do to improve my life.
That's a great attitude to have. The only thing worse than a person trying to pressure you to get married is a person that grills you about why you're not 100% committed to having kids.
smh.gif
smh.gif
I think I'm just meeting the wrong people.
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
Could be. If she can't respect your feelings on marriage and children, then she can kick rocks and go find someone compatible to what she wants. Be who you are. Life is to precious to be having people around that want to change you to cater their needs. Continue to grow and be successful and quality women will be out there.........they'll probably scarce, but out there.

That's exactly how I feel. Thanks for the advice
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by dunksnjordans1992

women want you for your @*%!... so jus pretend to catch feelins and bang emm then leave em
And you learned this by dating 14 year olds...how?

Thanks! Me and my woman are 26. I believe that she will be my wife, but I'm not going to go in a engagement/marriage feeling like I'm doing it just to please her/shut her up. When it happens.....it will happen. If she can't handle the wait; I'll wish her the best and Godspeed and continue to do what I need to do to improve my life.
That's a great attitude to have. The only thing worse than a person trying to pressure you to get married is a person that grills you about why you're not 100% committed to having kids.
smh.gif
smh.gif
I think I'm just meeting the wrong people.
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
Could be. If she can't respect your feelings on marriage and children, then she can kick rocks and go find someone compatible to what she wants. Be who you are. Life is to precious to be having people around that want to change you to cater their needs. Continue to grow and be successful and quality women will be out there.........they'll probably scarce, but out there.

That's exactly how I feel. Thanks for the advice
pimp.gif
No problem

No. I'm giving you a out. I rather be single than be with a woman that's going to resent me because I didn't rush to put a ring on her finger before I have things prepared to provide for a family. Therefore increases the chances of being cheated on, ignored, and disrespected.

QFTMFT

Mostly security.

They'll settle for the Doug Christies, but really want a Derek Jeter.

Which one are you?

Originally Posted by Club29

i think as little girls theyre programmed to want the fairy tale wedding, complete with Prince Charming and two kids in the picket-fence house.
I Concur.

Some women think that a ring is going to give them stability and security in the relationship, when this definitely is not the case.
Unfortunately, as girls, we are programmed to think that if you don't get married, then something is wrong with you and you've failed at life.

I wasn't in a rush to get married, it was just the right time for us. No regrets =D And thankfully I don't have a biological clock, kids aint in myfuture any time soon
laugh.gif
can't wait for a puppy tho!

This really annoys me about girls. There's this chick at work who is 21 and was married, and only knew the guy for 6 months. These stupid broads want toget married so bad that they're willing to marry the first fool who will go along with it even if they barely know the guy.

Anyway like 2 months ago she called off of work one day and it turned out that the night before her husband locked her out of the house, broke the key offin the lock, and called her and told her it was over. She's super nice so I felt bad for her.... but deep down I was like
laugh.gif

One of the other girls at my branch is 26 and finalized her divorce last Friday and again I was like
laugh.gif

Sounds cruel that !$!* gets on my nerves.

i'm 25 ... doing pretty well for myself ... my moms reminds me constantly ... you're a rare commodity ... ACT LIKE IT .. play the @%!% field ...
laugh.gif

she's right though ... i date here and there ... meet some solid chicks here and there but what is the rush ...

i can barely trust these girls, marriage is def. out of the question ...

chick sent me a text saying when are we gonna get married?
i was like what? she goes we're a good fit? this is a chick that me and my mans hit BTW ...
i said o'rly? she goes yeh ... then i said nothing ... then she responded i can't wait to see who u get married to b/c she will have something i cannever have .. you're heart ...

smh.gif
... and these chicks wonder why i'm single ...

I am fortunate for the time being. My current girlfriend doesn't believe in marriage, she actually has a strong belief against it. When we first met I wasamazed that a female had the same views about marriage that I did. To add frosting on it all, she doesn't want kids either. Since I don't want anychildren myself, it's nice to be in a relationship with someone who doesn't have expectations of a ring or a nursery.

Some women see it as a sign of validation or success. it really is a dumb reason to rush something like marriage. Marriage should be thought out and planned ifyou plan on being married the rest of your life to this person!

I think women in their 20s aren't in the rush to marry as the women in their 30s. I had a long engagement in my 20s and my friends who got married in their30s got married at least 6 months after the engagement! crazy! It could be the biological clock...because both the women I am talking about got pregnant one ortwo months after they got married! To me, that's too soon.

I'm not tryna get married until I'm like 35 - 40ish. I'm not tryna get a divorce under my belt. So hopefully by that age I will have had my careerand goals met and be able to honestly and positively want to be with 1 WOMAN... Same for her. Thats just me, I got engaged a yr ago and broke it off because Iclearly wasn't ready neither was she.

I think it's because of the biological clock and wanting kids. It's also a sense of security for them. I'm not going to get married until I knowI'm ready.

Originally Posted by dreClark

So you're saying that I shouldn't have proposed to my GF of 6 months last night?
I'm just kidding
nerd.gif
frown.gif
embarassed.gif
I see what you did there.
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom