Sega Dreamcast Appreciation vol. Gone too soon

Crazy Taxi and NBA 2k
smokin.gif
These games plus Code Veronica were the games I always played.

i think it's time for me to hook mine back up. R2R's details on the female boxer were the best!

Still play my Dreamcast whenever I'm at my parents house. Way too many memories that many of you have mentioned.. 9/9/99 was a good day. Still got my Dreamcast shirt from the pre-order. Had some good memories back then.

Sonic Adventure - 2 was meh'
Sega Rally 2
Soul Calibur - the graphics at the time
NBA2K - changed the game
NFL2K1 - still the best football game
Shenmue - still think about this game constantly.. I never finished 2 but I will one day.
Marvel vs Capcom 2 - classic.
Phantasy Star Online - this was a game changer in online gaming for consoles
Jet Grind Radio - classic, the sequel on Xbox is just as nice.
Powerstones 1 & 2

I can go on all day..

Used to play it at my boys house all the time, love Sonic Adventure, NBA 2k series, Jet Set Radio, and so much more :pimp:

You can't have a thread about dreamcast and not discuss Marvel vs Capcom 2...

by fat my favorite video game system ever

I had one at release date and got Code Veronica. The sheer amount of awe that game inspired in me was insane. RE:CV just made everything that came before it obsolete. The graphics and cut scenes were amazing. DOA 2 was great. The RPGs were incredible : Phantasy Star : Online, Grandia 2, Skies of Arcadia, even Record of Lodos War was good.
The adventure games were all sick : Legacy of Kain : Soul Reaver (was hard to figure out what to do next sometimes), Sword of the Beserk, Jedi Power Battles, I really liked Blue Stinger, RE:CV.
The sports games > any other system : NBA Showtime > NBA Jam, NBA , NHL and NFL 2K games were awesome and changed the game.
Fighting games had : Powerstone, Mortal Kombat Gold, Marvel v Capcom 2

My other favorites were Vigilante 8 part 2, Alien Front online, Unreal tournament, Alone in the Dark, Border down, Fatal Fury mark of the wolves, Project Justice :pimp: , Wacky Races, Tony Hawk, and of course Jet Grind Radio.

This was my favorite system by far. My girlfriend's dad (at the time) would use newsgroups and download and burn me all the games. I literally had over 100 DC games. Sometimes I'd pop one in and it'd be some obscure Japanese game I couldn't understand.

The VMUs were incredible, the controller was amazing, the keyboard/internet experience was vastly superior to webtv. They pioneered the internet thing with phantasy star and unreal (PS2 would later bite). It was just a great experience and even the mediocre games seemed to be elevated in some way that saved them from being terrible (can't say the same with ps2). The only reason I stopped playing mine was because the read laser stopped working. I chalked it up to it reading back ups all the time, but who knows. I'd have DEFINITELY gotten a Dreamcast 2 if they ever had come out with one. It was just a bridge console. Slotted somewhere in the middle of PS2/Xbox and PS3/Xbox 360.

Aw man this was my favorite system. I vividly remember picking up the system on September 9th.

Shenmue, NBA 2k, Sonic Adventure, Soul Calibur, Ready 2 Rumble boxing, Resident Evil: Code Veronica, Tony Hawk, House of the Dead, Blue Stinger.

I remember buying this thing to play Playstation games on Dreamcast. Used to play Metal Gear Solid and some of the other notables

Last edited:
Thinking about buying another Dreamcast and N64 for nostalgia purposes...

Anyone know of how what I will need to get both systems to display on a big screen plasma HDTV properly??

Any help would be appreciated...

Thinking about buying another Dreamcast and N64 for nostalgia purposes...
Anyone know of how what I will need to get both systems to display on a big screen plasma HDTV properly??
Any help would be appreciated...

do NOT play them on HDTVs, it will look like garbage. Find an old SD tv and play it on there

appreciated.  didnt even have to mod it, they had mod discs. just pop it in and it tells you when to put that bootleg in.

my brother made $$$ in HS for doin that all year.

VMU was ******ed tho, battery died in 2 days

Tekken 3!

Yea...you might wanna sit this one out.

NBA2K :pimp:

I remember going over to my homies house, him and his brother were making the entire 2002 D1 NCAA basketball leauge. I bugged out when I saw how detailed the create-a-player was.

VMU battery was ******ed tho :lol: they should have ran on some AA or AAA batterys :smh:

sonic adventure music on repeat in my head right nao :smh: :smokin

for me it was PSO... i still think about this game....

i know part 2 is coming out for the vita and pc... kinda lame i would need this on ps3....

i don't own either...

Back
Top Bottom