Sean Salisbury Out On ESPN. Chris Carter In

Originally Posted by giantsytigers

finally... i am going to mis him and clayton fighting though

hahahaha...

other than that, I am glad hes gone...lol at that time John Clayton rolled his eyes at Sean when they were talking about what was worse: the Broncos offenseor Broncos defense

Good +@@+%%% News
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by EFIL 4 REKAL

I liked Salisbury. Dude had passion.

me too
embarassed.gif

he knew what he was talking about 80% of the time

if Emmitt is still there and Salisbury is out then
laugh.gif

but I'm not complaining...Emmitt provides the perfect comic relief

FOX Sports always picks up ESPN's garbage, it's just a matter of time.

He won't be jobless for too long.

I don't get this at all. Yet they're gonna keep Tony Kornyheiser on MNF? ESPN is clueless.

ESPN will replace Sean Salisbury with his former Minnesota Vikings teammate Cris Carter. Hall-of-Fame snubee Carter was working for HBO's Inside the NFL, but that show got canned
When did Inside The NFL get canceled?

i really liked salisbury, i thought he was their best nfl guy besides tom jackson.

"I have grown as much as I can at ESPN and decided to expand my horizons," Salisbury said in a statement. "I have created a brand and it's time to expand into other opportunities in TV, radio, Internet, publishing, movies and public speaking, among others. My resume speaks for itself as a football analyst, and I believe I can talk all sports with the best of them."

laugh.gif
Riiiiiiiiiight.

He's a little loud and never finished his sentences, but he loved what he was doing and he did his homework. I liked hearing his opinion.

Carter never did anything for me on HBO, we'll see how he does on ESPN.

meh

There are far too many "analysts" for the NFL anyway. I'd rather have stat geeks or expert scouts talk about the NFL than former players.

who do u think expert scouts are?
I think what he might be trying to say and what I agree with is...

a few more guys like Jaws that actually break down plays and the strategies behind things...rather than obnoxious, ego'd up guys

Salisbury was a cool guy. He often didn't take himself as serious as everyone else seemed to. He knew his stuff and even though he was a blockhead, heseemed to be an ok guy.

Originally Posted by the PGA tour

Originally Posted by MART1N PAYNE

whoa whoa whoa
smh.gif
sean salisbury is a beast. why would ESPN cut him? Him + Schlerath + Wingo = a great afternoon in front of the tv. Get rid of Shaun King's fat faced $+$.
indifferent.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

Shaun King is the best analyst ESPN has, maybe for any sport IMO.

laugh.gif

Best analyst on ESPN regardless of sport....

Jay Bilas
Im waiting for Ray Lewis to retire so he can join one of the networks....
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by allen3xis

Best analyst on ESPN regardless of sport....

Jay Bilas
pimp.gif

Peter Gammons is up there too....I like Herbstreit also

Yeah but....

Gammons acts like he doesn't wanna believe the steroids #*+@ for some players, but believes it for others....

He really came off like that when the #*+@ about Roger Clemens started....

Herbie is pretty good...IN GAME.....

Oh yeah.....How could I foget my dude (even though he got fired) Harold Reynolds....

2nd place..... Eric Young
tongue.gif

With his habit of raising his voice everytime Clayton "sonned" him to drown out what he was saying and his Madden-like slurping of Bret Favre, Ithought this dude was the ultimate douche bag. Just seems like the type of dude who drives a hummer and tips poorly at restaurants
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by the PGA tour

i actually kinda liked the dude, even though john clayton routinely destroyed him. he was pretty entertaining.

while they're at it ESPN should re-hire Harold Reynolds.

Gammons, Reynolds, Kruk should be on Baseball Tonight.

Back
Top Bottom