Screen printing

I am thinking of starting a screen printing business. Does anyone here have any experience doing this?

I would say it really depends on where you are located. There is definitely money to be made in the screen printing business but there is stiff competition and prices have dramatically dropped over the years due to so many new print shops and price gouging.
If you are in a smaller market with not a lot of readily available printers then i'd say do it. Large markets with a lot of printers in the area can really make it difficult.

My best advice if you do decide to start is dont cheat yourself. It's ok to turn down a job, there is no reason to get in a bidding war just to get the job and then end up doing 2 days of work for $100 profit. I read something one time that has always resinated with me and it was make sure you charge the customer for everything because if you dont YOU are paying for it and in the end we are in business to provide a service but also to make money while doing so.

anyways best of luck with the new endeavor if you do decide to give it a shot.

Ive been researching this for the past few months now and its a very complicated process and time consuming. Im going to build a 4 screen 1 station printer this weekend to try it out before i go and spend $600+ on a professional one.

Say you want to invest $2,000... whats the best way to start out?

I've heard about ordering heat transfers, $15,000 screen printing machines, ect.

It's confusing.

thanks for the info! I have been wondering where to purchase equipment as well. I'm sure some of the equipment can get pricey just like everything. I am a graphic designer and have been for over 15 years so I have the software and computer equipment so that should help me I would think. Where I am there aren't a lot of screen printers. I just need to put together some cash to get started. FeelMode - I am now a fan of yours on Facebook. Cool site! I might be contacting you if it's alright?

yea man no problem, anytime. if you already know how to do your color seps then thats half the battle right there. screen printing is however a trade that is learned with time and practice. so there is definitely a learning curve and you will obviously get much better with repetition. hit me up if you got any other questions i can help with.

Back
Top Bottom