Scott Pilgrim vs the world any good?

Originally Posted by The Yes Guy

If you like videogames or anything a little geeky, you'll probably like the movie a lot. I know I did.

For sure.  If comic books and old school video games are your thing this movie will blow you away.  Saw it w/ a friend who is a female non-nerd no idea what Star Wars is or any of the sort, but she enjoyed it.  Outside of its flashy geek exterior, there's an impressive amount of comedy, laughs, and fighting to keep it entertaining.

If you like videogames or anything a little geeky, you'll probably like the movie a lot. I know I did.

For sure.  If comic books and old school video games are your thing this movie will blow you away.  Saw it w/ a friend who is a female non-nerd no idea what Star Wars is or any of the sort, but she enjoyed it.  Outside of its flashy geek exterior, there's an impressive amount of comedy, laughs, and fighting to keep it entertaining.

I went with my girl ready for torture and another Michael Cera knocks up a teenage chick type movie, but it was funny/random as hell.
laugh.gif

I went with my girl ready for torture and another Michael Cera knocks up a teenage chick type movie, but it was funny/random as hell.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Ouch my feet

90 minutes of torture? Hahaha what movie was good to you? Dinner for Schmucks?

I thought Dinner for Schmucks was pretty good and rather funny and also thought Scott Pilgrim was great. Scott Pilgrim was way better though, very highly recommended.

90 minutes of torture? Hahaha what movie was good to you? Dinner for Schmucks?

I thought Dinner for Schmucks was pretty good and rather funny and also thought Scott Pilgrim was great. Scott Pilgrim was way better though, very highly recommended.

[/quote}

I dont want to threadjack with DFS too much, but I felt it was extremely repetitive. Steve and Paul did well, but this film was nowhere near the caliber of hilarity and talent they can blast on the screen. Anyway, I felt like I should have seen it for free afterward or waited for the DVD or something. Definitely not the worst movie I have seen though.

Scott Pilgrim on the other hand is pure genius! Amazing concept and the scenes were put together very well. The angles, the lighting, the colors, and the replacement of blood and gore was just awesome. It was pure entertainment on many levels. Micheal Cera plays the same guy and can possibly even maybe get annoying but it all worked out well. I didnt like the pushing racism in the film though, like one or two would be alright but there were some harsh stereotypes being mocked and joked about...I was thinking maybe the comic was like that? Im not too up on it.

[/quote}

I dont want to threadjack with DFS too much, but I felt it was extremely repetitive. Steve and Paul did well, but this film was nowhere near the caliber of hilarity and talent they can blast on the screen. Anyway, I felt like I should have seen it for free afterward or waited for the DVD or something. Definitely not the worst movie I have seen though.

Scott Pilgrim on the other hand is pure genius! Amazing concept and the scenes were put together very well. The angles, the lighting, the colors, and the replacement of blood and gore was just awesome. It was pure entertainment on many levels. Micheal Cera plays the same guy and can possibly even maybe get annoying but it all worked out well. I didnt like the pushing racism in the film though, like one or two would be alright but there were some harsh stereotypes being mocked and joked about...I was thinking maybe the comic was like that? Im not too up on it.

I saw it earlier today and I loved it. Great story and the effects were really good.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

And am I the only one who found that Asian chick to be soo adorable? I want to be with her.
embarassed.gif
embarassed.gif

I saw it earlier today and I loved it. Great story and the effects were really good.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

And am I the only one who found that Asian chick to be soo adorable? I want to be with her.
embarassed.gif
embarassed.gif

Originally Posted by SpeakUp23

pimp.gif
pimp.gif

embarassed.gif
embarassed.gif
Knives Chau.. she was great.. when the dude punched her highlights out, i was heated..

its probably my new favorite movie.

pimp.gif
pimp.gif

embarassed.gif
embarassed.gif
Knives Chau.. she was great.. when the dude punched her highlights out, i was heated..

pimp.gif
pimp.gif

embarassed.gif
embarassed.gif

pimp.gif
pimp.gif

embarassed.gif
embarassed.gif

Its a great movie IF you actually played on the Original NES and Sega systems. All the cues are pulled straight outta our generation. Supercan(Brandon Routh) knocking Knives highlight out was his best acting for me so far. The movie is ideal to see with friends and have a laugh, its too bad the had to squeeze the 6 books in. The comics are even better...

Its a great movie IF you actually played on the Original NES and Sega systems. All the cues are pulled straight outta our generation. Supercan(Brandon Routh) knocking Knives highlight out was his best acting for me so far. The movie is ideal to see with friends and have a laugh, its too bad the had to squeeze the 6 books in. The comics are even better...

[/quote}

It didn't feel repetetive to me. Steve was real funny throughout the movie, especially during the dinner when he does his show, from then on it was non-stop laughing for me. I wouldn't rank it top 10 movie or even top 20 movie for 2010 but it wasn't as bad as most are saying.

[/quote}

It didn't feel repetetive to me. Steve was real funny throughout the movie, especially during the dinner when he does his show, from then on it was non-stop laughing for me. I wouldn't rank it top 10 movie or even top 20 movie for 2010 but it wasn't as bad as most are saying.

Back
Top Bottom