School Me On: Zoom Air

OK, haven't posted here in forever but back on topic . . . ZOOM AIR:

To me, zoom air is pretty much the best tech IMO even though it's not super new. What's the REAL newest cushioning technology? That is not just smokeand mirrors? Zoom Air is a legitimately different product than Nike Air or many other foam based shoes. But as such a product, it happens to have a range ofapplications in different types of shoes (and how they consequently perform in different applications). AKA, some shoes with Zoom Air are heaven on Earth,while some can tend to be 'duds'. But i swear, once you find one application of Zoom that you fall in love with, you will be hooked.

-Other real strength of Zoom:
multiple applications --full zoom, regular heel, forefoot, heel in sockliner (super versatile, wear that with air shoes for a sick combo), full lengthsockliner (ridic, old Nike Apocalypse cleats etc), Double stacked heel (Jordan XIX), Cage zoom, Vis zoom full length (in the old Alpha Project joints), Fulllength double stacked zoom (does this exist????).

For me it was the old Nike Zoom Apocalypse cleats from 2000 that were so soft yet responsive via a full length sockliner , I still wear these for Softball.Later in life, love was an old retro of Nike Talarias that had full zoom that were unbelievable and made me fall back in love with it.

What shoes did it for you?

The zoom air in the Nike Lebron II and III are amazing responsive. Imagine Lebron II having flywire upper or huarache upper. That would be a great performancemasterpiece. Lightweight and responsive

Ehh Bron 3's felt good but the stiff and bulky feeling with the upper wasn't cutting it for me.

Damnit Nike just retro AZG's and LeBron II's already.

Originally Posted by KenJi714

The zoom air in the Nike Lebron II and III are amazing responsive. Imagine Lebron II having flywire upper or huarache upper. That would be a great performance masterpiece. Lightweight and responsive

Lebron III's felt like bricks, i could never play in them for long cause they made my knees hurt. Were the II's softer?

^
Nope.
Not directed to you,
was to dude right above me... was on a spree lol.

Sorry for confusion

Well as I stated before I got a bit distracted, the best Zoom Air that Nike had, was before they changed their formula. That Zoom Air was built to last, hadthe better support, then didn't feel mushy at all. I am quite sure that if many here could get ahold of the shoes that featured Zoom before the change,would most definitely agree when compared to the newer version.

here are some of my air units that i removed from my previous kicks that either beat up or i don't wear anymore..
i put them under the insole just like with sb's for added cushioning.

Originally Posted by V1nsanity3

^
Nope.
Not directed to you,
was to dude right above me... was on a spree lol.

Sorry for confusion

LOL it's all love, I couldn't tell if that was towards me cuz both our post were short as hell lol

^
Lol, fa sho man...

this post turned into a heated debate on one's life and not so much ZOOM AIR

Originally Posted by Dark Chocolate

To the rest of you who took umbrage with my dislike of a twenty year old, inefficient "tech", one that had to be changed to satisfy the *Green*, perhaps you should ask yourselves why is it that you are so sensitive about FOAM? There was a time that ZOOM AIR was the snip! But since they changed the composition, it lost its effectiveness. Put on a pair of OG Jordan XII's, or any OG Penny's, then put on the retro. The Zoom used today does not have the durabilty nor "responsiveness", that term you cats love to throw around, the former had.
Wrong son.

Retro 12 is twice as responsive as the OG 12.

Originally Posted by V1nsanity3

^
Lol, fa sho man...

this post turned into a heated debate on one's life and not so much ZOOM AIR
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
QFT

I would agree with NY Giants. Zoom BB 1 is about as "responsive" as they get but the 12's and 15's are SUPA Responsive as it were. Its theMaterial used FOR those shoes that got worse.

I would also agree with the notion that not all Zoom Air wears the same either. I have been duped by some kicks with Zoom and felt they had Bricks with EVAover them.

Originally Posted by NY GIANTS 11

Originally Posted by Dark Chocolate

To the rest of you who took umbrage with my dislike of a twenty year old, inefficient "tech", one that had to be changed to satisfy the *Green*, perhaps you should ask yourselves why is it that you are so sensitive about FOAM? There was a time that ZOOM AIR was the snip! But since they changed the composition, it lost its effectiveness. Put on a pair of OG Jordan XII's, or any OG Penny's, then put on the retro. The Zoom used today does not have the durabilty nor "responsiveness", that term you cats love to throw around, the former had.
Wrong son.

Retro 12 is twice as responsive as the OG 12.

It really depends on your definition of "responsive". If you like the softer Zoom Air straight out of the box, then the retro is your shoe. Butsofter does not necessarily mean more "responsive", especially not over the long haul. If Nike switched from using gas in its air bags to ambientair, which seeps out quickly during usage/poundage, how is that better? Nike had a hard time figuring out how to contain the air that was being used during thefirst retro of that shoe, then other shoes featuring air/zoom air.

I prefer the older version which was more firm, then wore better over time.

wow everyone is really sharing on this one
smile.gif
zoom airs are good forme..whatever it is they are a great technology from nike

^^ Zoom Air is like bringing up Mike Vick and Peta in this Forum. Polarizing. Well a little.

zoom zoom zoom, i love zoom. i have been playing basketball exclusively in nikes/jordans for the last 21 years or so and for me, out of all the different techover the years, large volume air, max air, tuned air, tensile/zoom air, i like zoom the best. i like the responsive feeling they provide. feels like i amfaster... i am 6'2 220lbs and they provide enough impact protection for me, but then again, i run half marathons in free 5.0s with no air.....

zoom zoom zoom, i love zoom. i have been playing basketball exclusively in nikes/jordans for the last 21 years or so and for me, out of all the different techover the years, large volume air, max air, tuned air, tensile/zoom air, i like zoom the best. i like the responsive feeling they provide. feels like i amfaster... i am 6'2 220lbs and they provide enough impact protection for me, but then again, i run half marathons in free 5.0s with no air.....

I once saw a chart that actually had a comparison of the different techs drawn out, I think it was at a Nike outlet but I'm not sure. Can anyone post it?

Back
Top Bottom