Scarlett Johansson is up for Ghost in The Shell

Just saw it. It was okay. Not what I expected, but my expectations were high. I wouldn't watch it again.

Scarlett was the best part of the movie.

My thoughts exactly. In no world was it a good movie, but it wasnt awful. Scarlett was the best thing. Also they put the best scenes in the trailer as a lot of movies do.
Kinda strange but it didnt feel like I was watching a movie.......it didnt have that "movie" feel to me. Felt like a episode of a tv show if that makes sense.

Last edited:
Ghost in the shell was soooo meh..

Would recommend to anyone interested, just waiting til you can see it for free on tv.. not even sure I can say it had moments to make it worth it

Just watch the trailer.. I do think the actors fit and with a better director there is more that can be done

But other than some cool looks, meh is the best way I could describe it

Finally watched this... visuals were great... the story was told in an ok-manner, but they stuck with a lot of the OG material, so that was good..

But... Hanka Robotics turning "Motoko Kusanagi" in to a Caucasian robot... I still can't get past that.   

Having said that, I was never a huge ScarJo fan, but thought she did look great in this.

Back to the visuals though... I've mentioned this before, but  living in HK, it was so weird seeing the city portrayed in the movie, but 10x larger and denser... and a lot more vertical.  They also used a lot of the little details seen in the city, which I thought was cool... the street signs, the back alleys, the wet markets and even the rattan baskets on the streets.  

And then there was the circular bridge in the final scene.  I pass by it all the time, but to see it like that in the movie was really weird. 

As a fan of the anime, I enjoyed it, but for casual viewers, I can totally see them going "WTF?"

Back
Top Bottom