Sarah Palin is the dumbest political figure ever. Vol. Defending Dr. Laura

Originally Posted by REDUCE523

Honestly I am not black and just cause black people say it dont give the right. And if you feel its cool why dont you walk yourself down to Compton or any other hood and say it and explain to them why you have the right to say it and you can see if you will ever say it again. If you feel you can say it then do it, but dont +%$$! about the consequences.

exactly. there's just some words you shouldn't use especially jf you're not familiar with someone. You can call one of your friends a b but if you call someone you're not necessarily close to a b then @#$% pops off and you complain that since his friends and him call each other b all the time, that gives you the right to do the same. Now apply that to a word that's way worse.

Originally Posted by Gucci Mane

Honestly I am not black and just cause black people say it dont give the right. And if you feel its cool why dont you walk yourself down to Compton or any other hood and say it and explain to them why you have the right to say it and you can see if you will ever say it again. If you feel you can say it then do it, but dont +%$$! about the consequences.

exactly. there's just some words you shouldn't use especially jf you're not familiar with someone. You can call one of your friends a b but if you call someone you're not necessarily close to a b then @#$% pops off and you complain that since his friends and him call each other b all the time, that gives you the right to do the same. Now apply that to a word that's way worse.

While Im not agreeing or disagreeing with what this Doctor said, she didnt call the woman a N____.
Your post is an example of someone calling a person a certain term.
Totally different things.

Originally Posted by Diego

While Im not agreeing or disagreeing with what this Doctor said, she didnt call the woman a N____.

Nah mano I was commenting on this post rather than the topic in general

Originally Posted by Jking0821

Originally Posted by JinKazama

Lastly, saying she is correct in saying the N-word just because she sees and hears SOME black people use it is an poor excuse for spouting a word many find harshly offensive.  She MAY have had a point if the caller was using it (not really), but she immediately assumed she could pop off because the caller was black.  I've heard someone of every race say a derogatory term for their race...I wouldn't DARE use any of those words because of that fact.

No one said she is right in saying it.  But people are calling her a racist.  Which isn't necessarily true.  Insensitive to the feelings that this may invoke...yes....saying she hates a race for saying the word in a general context....no.

I am white i have black friends and if im singing a rap song and i drop the n-word in front of them they don't care at all.  I am not racist for just SAYING the word.  If it is directed at some one yes that is wrong

I didn't call her a racist either, I just said its inappropriate to ASSUME saying the word just because some comics do or your friends give you a pass is cool...it isn't.  A lot of people find the term offensive when used by anyone and may pull your card if it is uttered around them.  Just like people did with her.  The moral of the story...say what you want, but don't be surprised when the reaction you get isn't what you expect.

No its not if you use a word that you know shouldnt be used expect the consequences. Its like if I go up to a white person and start with hey redneck and he cant get mad because Larry the Cable guy uses it? I am latino some fool calls me a ****** and he dont know me believe me its on. You see girls call each other $%+@% all the time but that does not give you the right to call that particular girl a $%+@%.

Originally Posted by JOE CAMEL SMOOTH

dude sarah palin honestly seems like some sort of practical joke god is playing on us

like one day he's gonna be like lol jk i cant believe you guys listened to this ho

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

No its not if you use a word that you know shouldnt be used expect the consequences. Its like if I go up to a white person and start with hey redneck and he cant get mad because Larry the Cable guy uses it? I am latino some fool calls me a ****** and he dont know me believe me its on. You see girls call each other $%+@% all the time but that does not give you the right to call that particular girl a $%+@%.

While I understand what youre saying, she still didnt refer to anyone by that term.
Again, totally different scenarion from what youre describing.

wait now wait,  i agree with everything you say except for the calling girls %!!!#!# part.   i'm from th g funk era so i was raised to believe that %!!!#!# aint #*%+ but #%*+ and tricks

Chick panders to racists, whats else is she gonna say?

How any minority could vote for a party she belongs to is beyond me.

I agree.

As a black male, I understand what Dr. Laura was trying to say. She was trying to say that people in the black community use the word all the time, so what makes it so wrong for her to use it??? I agree. Its a double standard. We expect white people to not use the word in any context(and we want to fight when someone does), yet we sit up there and use the N-word all the time in front of the same white people to one another. She was right in her thoughts, but wrong in how she conveyed her message. I believe that no race should use the word, granted its just a word, but its a hateful word that represent ignorance at its best. Just my opinion though.

I agree again.

While I understand what youre saying, she still didnt refer to anyone by that term.

THIS

And I do kind of agree with you Jinkazama

I just think that people are treating this like she actually called some one the N word.  Which she didn't.  But yeah she can't be surprised by peoples reaction.  Everyone knows no matter how you say it, if your in public, people are going to flip on you.  Not to say that's the correct reaction but its going to be some peoples reaction regardless.  I just think people should step back and look at the scenario before crucifying her as a racist (not saying you called her one)

Originally Posted by Deuce King

I agree.

One candidate doesn't dictate the whole party.

Did the majority of you even hear the tape?

She didn't say anything wrong, and should have never apologized.

Jking0821 wrote:

I just think that people are treating this like she actually called some one the N word.  Which she didn't.  But yeah she can't be surprised by peoples reaction.  Everyone knows no matter how you say it, if your in public, people are going to flip on you.  Not to say that's the correct reaction but its going to be some peoples reaction regardless.  I just think people should step back and look at the scenario before crucifying her as a racist (not saying you called her one)

I don't understand why every story has to be skewed. Not just on the media, it happens in life to. At work, school, whatever. People's lives are so pathetic they have to add things to a story and twist it around, it's sad. You almost never hear a completely true story.

Originally Posted by carbine

Originally Posted by Deuce King

I agree.
One candidate doesn't dictate the whole party.

Did the majority of you even hear the tape?

She didn't say anything wrong, and should have never apologized.

Didn't say she (Palin) dictated an entire party, just like I wasn't trying to imply that Dr. Laura was/is a racist.  Read my entire post, I actually see the point that Dr. Laura was trying to make, not that I agree wholeheartedly with the way she did it but I see where she was coming from.  Palin's poltical party hower does cater to alot of racists, that's actually a good percentage of their base. 

Originally Posted by Jking0821

THIS

And I do kind of agree with you Jinkazama

People can debate the semantics of the situation all you want. At the end of the day there are certain boundaries that you don't cross. Morals & ethics come into play. People should not use racial slurs for any reason in any context in this day, especially a person of influence. If you are disconnected from that notion of thought then....
indifferent.gif

Yes you are right on that point. But what she is saying is that its ok for her to say the N word. That black people get to say it so why cant she. What I am saying is people can say whatever they want but be ready to deal with consequences. Like I pointed it out you can call em whatever you want but when I lay you out for offending me dont come with that freedom of speech right. And in her case no one has censored her so why is she saying she has lost her freedom of speech? She $%!$@# up her sponsors knew it was trouble pulled out and now she has no ad money and she got forced out by not black people but corporations who rather not get involved, so she can say what she wants but she $@*#* herself over.

If you are respectful, you watch the context of the words you use. If you are disrespectful, you don't consider the tone of your words. Given the history of the word, just because entertainers (that are apart of a institutionalized racist media complex) get paid to say it over and over, doesn't mean it's ok for whites to use it loosely given the context of black and white relations in this country.

If white ppl wish to use the word so badly, then say it. Just realize the image you conjure up in a black persons head when you say it and if you get stomped down in the process, you can't blame nobody but your own ignorance (ignoring the fact that the N word has multi leveled meanings and don't mean the same thing coming from different mouths of different race groups).

SMH @ white people that act like social acceptance of everybody being able to saying "N##$$$ N#$#$ N#((#" is gonna lead tome type of racial harmony. Word is bond and you gotta be accountable for your words whether you knew what they meant or not.

Back
Top Bottom