San Francisco Giants vs. San Diego Padres Series Thread (4/23 - 4/24)

Have to agree, there's not much reason for Durham to be out there. Even though Aurilia hit the game winning homer, I don't see much need for him to beout their either.

IF there was a decent prospect at 3rd base, he'd be up in the big leagues getting some playing time.

Velez needs to see more at bats at 2nd base ... He's definitely struggled with the bat but his speed makes him very dangerous. He just needs to go theother way and slap the ball.

1-0 win .... That's Giants baseball!

EDIT:

We're 3rd in the West and it's interesting to note that all the NL West teams are under .500 besides the red-hot Diamondbacks.

Anyone going tomorrow night?

great win by the Giants, slowly getting to .500
pimp.gif

lincecum-- 9 Ks, 4 hits, 5 walks

LOOK AT THAT SEASON ERA!!!!! 1.23

pimp.gif

oh yeah, and thanks rich for helping lincey with the W tonight.

I love the fact that Giants are winning these close games even with the bullpen being a liability.

Lincecum continues to amaze all of us and even though those 5 walks blemish his stat line, you gotta give props to the young kid for pitching through it.

^Haha yeah last week and the A's picked up today and started him. Crazy stuff...I like Rajai Davis...But he wasn't really a solid hitter...But he surehas speed. I like Lewis over Davis though.

What's up guys. New to S&T. Bay Area fan.

Lincecum's pitch count was way too high for my liking. 121 pitches, but 4-0 1.23 ERA
pimp.gif

I think he'll be OK. If it was Dusty Baker running this young pitching staff...
embarassed.gif
. Ruined both Prior and Wood.

They've been really careful with Lincecum so far so I'm surprised they let him get such a high pitch count. However, He's only gone over 100pitches in 2 starts so far this season and 12/24 starts last season (100 pitches/game avg).

Back
Top Bottom