Russel Simmons Presents "Harriet Tubman Sex Tape" (no nudity, may be work safe)

This is painfully not funny. It makes light of Antebellum slavery and slave rape by suggesting, even in a joking manner,
that one of the greatest women of all time, Harriet Tubman was seducing slaveowners for freedom :stoneface: .
Basically, joking that the underground railroad wasn't the result of hard work and courage, it
was the result of Harriet Tubman playing the stereotypical "jezebel" role. Call me sensitive, but this
is awful. What's next, "Rosa Parks Twerk Team"?

Last edited:
Harriet Tugman....
nerd.gif

If you didn't find this offensive you're either
A) not black or
B) missed the obvious rape joke in the video

I want to add I don't find this offensive as a black person, I find this offensive as a black women which are two totally different things.

Make up your mind. As a black male, I sat there with a :stoneface: through out the video. Wasn't offended, wasn't amused. Life went on.

Make up your mind. As a black male, I sat there with a :stoneface: through out the video. Wasn't offended, wasn't amused. Life went on.

Exactly, which is why I changed it in my second post. And like I said previously, why wouldn't you be offended at someone making light of rape? I guess because you're a man.

I'll repeat just in case anyone missed it, How do we expect anyone to respect us or our history if we make fun of it and aren't offended when someone does? This just gives the green light to trample on other historical figures from people outside our community.

The funny thing about black people, however, is that if a white person made/endorsed this instead of Russell Simmons we'd be up in arms but because it's "one of us" we just "move on."

Can you imagine the outrage if Bill O'Reilly or Rush Limbaurgh uploaded this to their channel and put on their twitter page "funniest thing I've seen!"

Last edited:
Disgusting. Everybody involved, from the "actors" to the cameraman to Russell should be shot.

There's limits to comedy, there's NOTHING funny about rape, espeically when you involve slavery with it.

Black people (like myself) are so ignorant of their own history, so they'll laugh at anything.

I'm black Clerance Thomas and Crystal Wright's lovechild, if that matters...

Fixed.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom