RUMOR: Nash to Toronto

this actually has been talked between the two teams. Nash to the Raptors for Calderon and Kapono.

Yeah, old rumor. As a Suns fan I say do it.

It was either going to happen last year, or this year. And CLEARLY it's not happening this year. Send Nash to the east to team up with Bosh and crew+givehim the home crowd love. If Kerr is really talking about shaking things up..then man up and make something REAL happen.

i dont believe it till i see it... not to question your rumor source, but i see too many rumors to believe they will ever actually happen.

IMO this would put the Raptors up there with Detroit, Boston and Cleveland. Well maybe if they made one more trade. Who would their SG and SF be?

I guess this would make the Raps a better team....

Nash would need to join Bosh as one of the main scorers.

Plus...let's send Nash to the East. I think that would help him during his ageing years in the L.

laugh.gif
Trade eh?

Originally Posted by RKO2004

IMO this would put the Raptors up there with Detroit, Boston and Cleveland. Well maybe if they made one more trade. Who would their SG and SF be?

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

laugh.gif
Bad trade for both teams. The raptors might get even worse in this deal. They need DEFENSE if they want to compete.

It's like trading a young Nash for an old Nash. They play relatively the same. Good vision, good shooters, no D. Calderon takes better care of the ballthough

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
What. I said they will probably need another trade.

If I'm the Suns I'd do it in a heartbeat. Nash is getting up there, he's not gonna return to MVP form. While Calderon is young and has his bestyears in front of him.

******ed, emerging pg with a wet jumper and one of the wettest dudes in the L for a dude that is in his mid 30s? i love nash and canadian pride etc,etc,but no.

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
What. I said they will probably need another trade.

Yeah, trade Nash once they get him.
laugh.gif

raptors will still suck at defense.

jose would be putting up nice #s with a shaq and amare with jrich and kapono on the wings

As good as this would be for the Suns' FUTURE, I think its a stupid deal that contradicts the Shaq move. You make the Shaq move to win now. Otherwise youtrade Marion for somebody young, draft picks, etc. Lose Nash this year and there's no way you win a championship before Shaq retires. This year with theircurrent squad is the best chance the Suns have. If they don't win it this year, then make the trade. But they might as well see how things work out withRichardson in the mix. I think they're contenders as they are.

Also I don't think this makes any sense for the Raptors. Getting a guy Nash's age for a young and up and coming guy like Calderon means you want to winnow--e.g. Dallas getting Kidd for Harris. They are in no position even with Nash to challenge the Celtics. If the Suns couldn't do it before the Richardsontrade (I think they could now), I don't see why the Raptors think they could with Nash. So again, stupid deal for both teams. If this happens, Kerr shouldnever be allowed to manage a basketball team ever again. I think Shaq would probably just stop playing this year.

Back
Top Bottom