ROY JONES was a FOOL!

Originally Posted by FIRST B0RN

Even in a RJJ thread Floyd stans talk madness
laugh.gif

all you do is call floyd or pac fans stans and never bring ANYTHING else to the table. yet your the NT "boxing expert"

Originally Posted by illphillip

How many dudes can have the highlight reel and do the music for it?!?!?

I understand people saying he was "overrated", as the level of talent he fought against was not the greatest.

I don't want to get into Floyd vs. Roy. Roy was the stronger guy. But Roy won on athleticism a LOT. Floyd, when you factor in his defense, might be the better technical boxer.

But Roy was nasty. Big fan. Can't see he's my fave or 2nd fave or whatever because I've liked a LOT of boxers over the years. Sweet P, Felix, B Hop, Roy, Toney etc.

Appropriate that this would be on NT given that he was sponsored by JB. I own 2 pairs of JB RJJ shorts. I never box in them (I think it's corny to box in RJJ shorts when I'm nothing close to him).

But I do roadwork or even my Pilates classes in them.
Cool shorts man. 
pimp.gif
 Definitely not something you see everyday. 

Originally Posted by AZwildcats

After Ali, Roy is my favorite fighter
I'm an Iron Mike kid until I die, but most definitely Roy was a beast. I can't even imagine how it must have felt to have dude make a mockery of you then proceed to whoop your !$* in front of MILLIONS of people. 
That boy had swagger. 

One of the most physically gifted athletes I have ever seen but I tend to side with BIG MIKE about him being slightly overrated.

He fought straight BUMS for a decade. Not even B- level fighters but genuine walking stiffs and County Fair level fighters. I can't give him this best of his generation title that so many people place on him when a guy like James Toney was still gutting out epic battles with much bigger young lions like Vasily Jirov at the same age Roy got chin checked by Tarver.

Not weighing in on who is a better fighter between him and Floyd but Mayweather's resume is vastly superior and he still has some big fights on deck.
RJJ was appreciated though. Just wish he would retire already. 

Adrien Broner did a lot of those dancing antics early in his career. Don't know if he still does it but I hate it.

One of my favorite boxers of all time. Definitely was entertaining, but at the same time backed it up. Career went downhill after Tarver as everyone knows. I remember watching that second fight and Tarver was like got any excuses and then knocked him out.

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

Originally Posted by tim teufel

he fought str8 tomato cans cept for lights out and a young hopkins (which might have been the worst and most boring fight in boxing history) i appreciate the dudes speed and accuracy but we all know what happened when he was finally tested,son was snoring in the ring.

THIS

and lights out tony and Hopkins got better with age and roy would always price himself out of rematchs with them he didnt started trying to fight heavyweight till most them dudes became washed up and done or never tired to drop weight. i never understood why people would bash the stiffs mike tyson would face and knock out, but give roy jones a pass about his

its easy to do all that clown %!#% in the ring roy did when your fighting local street cops with zero talent. we all saw what happened when roy started fighting people with talent that touched his glass jaw

sorry FLOYD JR>>>>>Roy

"And they have the nerve to say I ain't fight nobody/I just make them look like NOBODY...Y'all MUST'VE FORGOT!!!!"

Anyway, Roy is definitely my favorite boxer of all time.  Dude was UNTOUCHABLE in his prime. 
pimp.gif

Lol did big mike say Floyd >> RJJ? Lmaoooo Roy has won every title from middleweight to heavyweight (except for cruiserweight) first person to do that since Floyd Patterson.

I like both guys. A LOT.

That comment is nowhere near as ridiculous as some of you are making it out to be.

From a pure boxing/sweet science standpoint? "Lol" and "Lmaooo"? Really?

Originally Posted by CAFinest23

Lol did big mike say Floyd >> RJJ? Lmaoooo Roy has won every title from middleweight to heavyweight (except for cruiserweight) first person to do that since Floyd Patterson.

John Ruiz, B....
John Ruiz.

Originally Posted by goldenchild9

Originally Posted by CAFinest23

John Ruiz, B....
John Ruiz.

He's a legit heavyweight though. It's not like dude wasn't a champion. He was going to fight Holyfield but he lost. That's tough for any middleweight to do regardless.

In terms of what they did to RJJ in the ring,

Glen Johnson>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Tarver.

Originally Posted by goldenchild9

One of the most physically gifted athletes I have ever seen but I tend to side with BIG MIKE about him being slightly overrated.

He fought straight BUMS for a decade. Not even B- level fighters but genuine walking stiffs and County Fair level fighters. I can't give him this best of his generation title that so many people place on him when a guy like James Toney was still gutting out epic battles with much bigger young lions like Vasily Jirov at the same age Roy got chin checked by Tarver.

Not weighing in on who is a better fighter between him and Floyd but Mayweather's resume is vastly superior and he still has some big fights on deck.
RJJ was appreciated though. Just wish he would retire already. 
completely agree

Back
Top Bottom