ROSHE ONE (NOT for RUNNING) - FAQs (pg1) (NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING!!!)

breeze release is the closest to the OG mesh. TBH, not just the OG mesh are great, the hyperfuses are also great.

especially the gold trophy. that cw is top roshe cw of all time IMO

Agreed. I still haven't worn mine
laugh.gif
confession: me too.

i rock my other roshes, it's just the gold trophy is like a trophy. they're too clean and delicate.

Like anything, there's good and bad.  But I'm definitely holding out a 8% chance that these Roshe 2s look better in person.  I don't expect them to look better, but I have slight hope.

OG Mesh and Flyknits to me are still the kings.  I'll defend those to the end.  I'll entertain debates on any others, though.

Like anything, there's good and bad.  But I'm definitely holding out a 8% chance that these Roshe 2s look better in person.  I don't expect them to look better, but I have slight hope.

OG Mesh and Flyknits to me are still the kings.  I'll defend those to the end.  I'll entertain debates on any others, though.
the random yarn is something else man. the feeling of getting different kinds of pairs are just a nice gimmick from nike. I like my mistmatched pair cause it's damn unique

it's hard to imagine a new innovation when the idea of roshe is simplicity and minimalism. The only thing that i can think of is a more innovative tech on its simple silhouette. but so far I haven't heard any innovative tech from nike apart of giving sockliner for everything.

don't put sockliner on roshe that's just plain scoobydoo.

I hate the sockliner thing. 1) It ruins the look of the shoe 2) Do I wear them with socks? I mainly wear no shows so need for an ankle sockliner. :smh:

This current trend of applying a sockliner to various random shoes is weird and I want no part of it.

the random yarn is something else man. the feeling of getting different kinds of pairs are just a nice gimmick from nike. I like my mistmatched pair cause it's damn unique

I'll say that i've pretty much stood by Nike for the majority of changes they've made to the original Roshe Run/Roshe One. Mesh? Classic. Flyknit? Comfortable as hell. Hyperfuse? Tighter fit that keeps the comfort. Prints? Some better than others of course, but not a bad choice either. I even liked those slip-on alternatives they produced...two years ago maybe.

Random Yarns are classics, and I wish they'd do a 2.0 version with different a different color focus (red/blue/yellow?)

I liked a lot of the early innovations - I love the Japanese Primos, I liked the Split Pack and Dynamic Flywires.  The GPX works for me.  To me, the first 3 years were overwhelmingly hits, but I understood where people didn't like the departure.

I'm honestly just surprised at the introduction of a Roshe 2 when they've gotten so much mileage (ergo pimped out) out of the Roshe. A 2 just doesn't really seem all that necessary to me.

it's hard to imagine a new innovation when the idea of roshe is simplicity and minimalism. The only thing that i can think of is a more innovative tech on its simple silhouette. but so far I haven't heard any innovative tech from nike apart of giving sockliner for everything.

don't put sockliner on roshe that's just plain scoobydoo.
I agree. I think it's Nike (and maybe the market as well) not knowing how to handle product that was done right the first time, like the Roshes. It only needed minor tweaks after the original release, things like NM were a welcome addition, but they came out fully-formed and didn't need to go through the series concept like 90s basketball signature shoes. 

Pretty much how I feel about the 2s--I gotta see 'em in person. And co-sign on OG mesh. They're still pretty much what I wear every day. 

IMHO the hype died about a year ago, but the Roshe is alive as ever--they're still being made, after all.

IMHO the hype died about a year ago, but the Roshe is alive as ever--they're still being made, after all.
They're a Top 5 shoe in sales, so I think Nike decided to which market they wanted to cater.  So, to that end, the shoe is a massive success.

But, as an OG fan, I share the disappointment in some ways about tinkering with a great product.  When I write the blurbs for the website, I have to admit some of them are tough to "hype".

I share the disappointment in some ways about tinkering with a great product.
I do too. I'd go as far as calling them the most influential casual silhouette of this decade. I haven't been a fan of any shoe as long as I have been a fan of the Roshes--3 years and running now. I feel like the mainstream success that 'killed' it is gonna bring it back to life in the future. Like, the Trainerendor, for example, is just as good, but with almost no 'casual fan' fans I doubt it's ever gonna return once it hits the Nike archive vaults. 

I do too. I'd go as far as calling them the most influential casual silhouette of this decade. I haven't been a fan of any shoe as long as I have been a fan of the Roshes--3 years and running now. I feel like the mainstream success that 'killed' it is gonna bring it back to life in the future. Like, the Trainerendor, for example, is just as good, but with almost no 'casual fan' fans I doubt it's ever gonna return once it hits the Nike archive vaults. 
I am also a fan of the Trainerendor, and feel exactly as you do, that this model will be gone for a long time once it leaves.

This current trend of applying a sockliner to various random shoes is weird and I want no part of it.
I'll say that i've pretty much stood by Nike for the majority of changes they've made to the original Roshe Run/Roshe One. Mesh? Classic. Flyknit? Comfortable as hell. Hyperfuse? Tighter fit that keeps the comfort. Prints? Some better than others of course, but not a bad choice either. I even liked those slip-on alternatives they produced...two years ago maybe.

Random Yarns are classics, and I wish they'd do a 2.0 version with different a different color focus (red/blue/yellow?)

I liked a lot of the early innovations - I love the Japanese Primos, I liked the Split Pack and Dynamic Flywires.  The GPX works for me.  To me, the first 3 years were overwhelmingly hits, but I understood where people didn't like the departure.

I agree. I think it's Nike (and maybe the market as well) not knowing how to handle product that was done right the first time, like the Roshes. It only needed minor tweaks after the original release, things like NM were a welcome addition, but they came out fully-formed and didn't need to go through the series concept like 90s basketball signature shoes. 
even the woven roshe looks really great. The thing is that they haven't been that innovative in terms of applying design to roshe. For me, it has lost it's "THIS ROSHE IS SO DOPE" moment.

maybe it's over for a longtime roshe lurker like some of us. But for a new sneakerhead (or people who just looking for casual shoes), roshe's still interesting, along with its low price and everything, that's why the market appeal is still huge.

The Roshe is continuing to transition from a hypebeast shoe into a classic IMO.  If Nike just sticks to the basics and keeps the price point low, I think we could see these maintaining popularity for many years to come.  In the end they are a comfortable, stylish, and affordable shoe which is what most people are looking for.  I still wear mine and will continue to do so regardless of whether the sneakerhead community cares about the shoe anymore.  And at least where I live and travel, there are still tons of people buying and enjoying Roshes, especially the college age and younger crowd.

The Roshe is continuing to transition from a hypebeast shoe into a classic IMO.  If Nike just sticks to the basics and keeps the price point low, I think we could see these maintaining popularity for many years to come.  In the end they are a comfortable, stylish, and affordable shoe which is what most people are looking for.  I still wear mine and will continue to do so regardless of whether the sneakerhead community cares about the shoe anymore.  And at least where I live and travel, there are still tons of people buying and enjoying Roshes, especially the college age and younger crowd.
I really like the idea of roshe becoming a classic. like cortez, huaraches, etc. IMO roshe already owned that status. For real they're hell of a crazy best-selling in few years back. The boom in 2012-2014 is hella crazy. apart from that, the silhouette is also distinctive.

I completely gonna scratch my argument about roshe needed to stop for a while if nike's idea is to make roshe a nonstop production with different patterns and colors. Tbh they're a strong magnet for new sneakerhead and casual people who wanna get into athleisure look. That's why there are still tons of ppl all over the world that buys roshe.

But my argument is, are they gonna start making a more appealing roshe that's more innovative but still retain its identity as a simplistic shoe? Because for last two years it was nothing. Like what I said earlier, there are no "I HAVE TO GET THIS ROSHE!" moment. it's just a matter of applying this color, this print, flyknit premium this and that, put protective film on toes and all thing like that.

Just my thought. And i do still wear them.

Was the Roshe ever really a Hypebeast shoe though?
The hype was huge for Roshes back in 12/13.  I was looking all over for some of the different colorways back then, and it was the first non-basketball sneaker that I remember doing that for.  It's easy to forget those days given how Nike has run them into the ground with all the oddball CWs and materials.  To me any shoe that has people copping bunches of different colorways, supply shortages on GRs, and resale prices well over double the retail is a product of the hype machine.  The fact that they then crossed over from sneakerheads into the mainstream shoe world made Nike even more money.  

Last edited:
^Definitely was! I remember them being so hard to get where I'm from, and resell on many of the OG Mesh colorways was crazy on eBay. I like the idea of Roshes as a classic silhouette. I feel like they've been so from the first year they dropped.

The hype was huge for Roshes back in 12/13.  I was looking all over for some of the different colorways back then, and it was the first non-basketball sneaker that I remember doing that for.  It's easy to forget those days given how Nike has run them into the ground with all the oddball CWs and materials.  To me any shoe that has people copping bunches of different colorways, supply shortages on GRs, and resale prices well over double the retail is a product of the hype machine.  The fact that they then crossed over from sneakerheads into the mainstream shoe world made Nike even more money.  

For a period in time, absolutely. I never let that deter me from purchasing the pairs I wanted though.

Guess it might just be that I was never as into Roshes as most people then. I liked the shoe from the jump, but waited a while to get a pair and even then never really kept track of releases in any real way. So all of that must've simply passed me by.

The hype was definitely real in the Nordstrom Rack days.  A lot of people don't know that Roshes didn't hit FNL, Foot Locker, etc. for at least a year.  With Mangoes and Calypsos as international releases, people getting introduced to Japanese sites, all the way to the (I'm hating myself for calling them) "Yeezy" FBs...there was definite hypebeast involvement. Heck, that's why TeamROSHE exists - we wanted to help people find them at boutiques and smaller stores.

And then, Nike cranked the presses, and those people lost interest.

I still have 60+ pairs, and rock them on the regular.  What's funny is when I wear the Size? collabs, or some of the early colorways and people think they're IDs, because they just don't know/weren't around at the beginning.

The hunt was definitely fun, but there's something to be said for just walking into a store and picking up a new pair with no hassle.

The hype was definitely real in the Nordstrom Rack days.  A lot of people don't know that Roshes didn't hit FNL, Foot Locker, etc. for at least a year.  With Mangoes and Calypsos as international releases, people getting introduced to Japanese sites, all the way to the (I'm hating myself for calling them) "Yeezy" FBs...there was definite hypebeast involvement. Heck, that's why TeamROSHE exists - we wanted to help people find them at boutiques and smaller stores.
And then, Nike cranked the presses, and those people lost interest.

I still have 60+ pairs, and rock them on the regular.  What's funny is when I wear the Size? collabs, or some of the early colorways and people think they're IDs, because they just don't know/weren't around at the beginning.

The hunt was definitely fun, but there's something to be said for just walking into a store and picking up a new pair with no hassle.

My man i'm going to need to see a collection pic. Not because I don't believe you, as I have no problem with that, but because I just need to see it :lol: Never heard of anyone having that many Roshes. I assume that you didn't stick to one model/edition?

Haha, yeah I do need to get an updated picture.  Last picture I took was in the 30s, I think.

I didn't stick to one model, for a while I tried each new one that came out.  Now I pretty much stick to the OG Mesh, the Flyknits, and Prints.  I also ID'd 10 pair.

Back
Top Bottom