ROSHE ONE (NOT for RUNNING) - FAQs (pg1) (NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING!!!)

FB group starting to sound good to me fellas.

Dropping info here causes some of us to miss out

Team Roshe 4 life

@ demondays, how did you tape off the shoes? i learned my lesson from my previous custom, better be safe than sorry tape off the mesh area
I used duct tape cuz painters tape dont stick to the mesh too well,  then use an exacto to carefully trim around the swoosh (make sure you aint diggin too deep that youre cutting the fabric underneath. Done this before and it sucks). Do a couple passes of paint and clear sealer then carefully pull off the tape. Thing is these are customs so they aint never gonna be as good as comin straight from the factory. They're gonna have flaws (minor flaws if you're careful). You can just do certain things to minimize the flaws so theyre barely noticeable.  And the reason why I do it on the black is it's alot more forgiving since it's a darker color vs. a lighter mesh. BTW you can try acetone-free nail polish remover on your smudge. It does a very good job on my black pairs, hopefully it'll do as well on your Trop Twists.

Ray - I'll take up close shots tonight. I think you should go for it. I've been very happy with results.

Ha and yea all of them are women's pairs. Personally I like the mesh on the women's pair and how my foot looks in them, except the new mesh (on the black/white/volts, sprites and challenge reds). That kind of mesh makes my foot round and its not as 'pointy' as the other mesh. Scooped em up from Zappos, Sneakerhead, & Sports Chalet. Gave one to my dad since I saw him checkin it out one day ha.

Thanks fellas. Got a couple more in the works, experimenting. I'll let yall know how that turns out!

Can I be part of that FB group even though I'm not on Team Roshe?
And I saw my boss's daughter wearing Calypsos :/
Never seen em in person and damn, they are super nice.
Too bad they were in pretty bad condition. Ahh, what a waste.

There was point in time within this thread where...if you wanted a roshe...you could get a roshe.

Now all the stupid sneaker sites done *****d out my favorite shoe. I'm 0-3 on the most recent cw releases. I was a perfect game on the original run minus mangos.

:smh:

There was point in time within this thread where...if you wanted a roshe...you could get a roshe.
Now all the stupid sneaker sites done *****d out my favorite shoe. I'm 0-3 on the most recent cw releases. I was a perfect game on the original run minus mangos.
mean.gif
imaging them retroing these shoes 5-10 years down the road.  be like another air max 1/90/95

Another s/o to Kev for these.  I knew these were going to be nice...but they are absolutely FILTHY.  Honestly didn't think they would meet my expectations, but these jumped way out in front for best colorway even though I love my teals.  Last time I said this was for the Kobe V, but this shoe is honestly one of the best Nike releases ever IMO.  

Thanks again Kev...also sent you a PM bro

God, those Mango's are slowly becoming more attractive to me. Didn't like the first batch of pics I was seeing on here, but now I may pull the trigger... I've spent worse on Jordan's lol is there a Japanese site you guys are buying from?

I used duct tape cuz painters tape dont stick to the mesh too well,  then use an exacto to carefully trim around the swoosh (make sure you aint diggin too deep that youre cutting the fabric underneath. Done this before and it sucks). Do a couple passes of paint and clear sealer then carefully pull off the tape. Thing is these are customs so they aint never gonna be as good as comin straight from the factory. They're gonna have flaws (minor flaws if you're careful). You can just do certain things to minimize the flaws so theyre barely noticeable.  And the reason why I do it on the black is it's alot more forgiving since it's a darker color vs. a lighter mesh. BTW you can try acetone-free nail polish remover on your smudge. It does a very good job on my black pairs, hopefully it'll do as well on your Trop Twists.

Ray - I'll take up close shots tonight. I think you should go for it. I've been very happy with results.

Ha and yea all of them are women's pairs. Personally I like the mesh on the women's pair and how my foot looks in them, except the new mesh (on the black/white/volts, sprites and challenge reds). That kind of mesh makes my foot round and its not as 'pointy' as the other mesh. Scooped em up from Zappos, Sneakerhead, & Sports Chalet. Gave one to my dad since I saw him checkin it out one day ha.

Thanks fellas. Got a couple more in the works, experimenting. I'll let yall know how that turns out!
thanks for the info, yeah painter's tape just fell right off.  but for duct tape, it did not leave any residue?

Wow, mango central!!! enjoy them guys!!

Ninos, do you mean they are a bit bigger than your other sz9 roshes? or in general? cause all my size 10 Roshes fit the same.

Damn, missed out on the dark royals on sneakerhead last week and on urban outfitters today. Its like god dont want me to have these.

thanks for the info, yeah painter's tape just fell right off.  but for duct tape, it did not leave any residue?

I used the 3M brand and 99% of the time it doesn't leave a residue. I've used cheaper brands and that's when residue becomes a problem. Whatever residue can be removed by nail polish remover and/or scrubbing with soap

Yeah Kevin, they are larger than my other size 9s. I have more toe wiggle room lol. It's no biggie I was just curious.

So, I was at Nordstrom Rack today and found a pair, I havent been super impressed with pictures but in person the court purples kinda pop. I dont like the laces and with all this custom talk I wouldnt mind to try and paint the swoosh.... Any ideas? Im gonna try to mess around with photoshop and whatnot but Im not very good at that.

Even though it's not my favorite cw at 54 dollars it was an easy cop. Any ideas on lace swap or color for the swoosh?

I wish a few 10.5s would pop up :smh: now I'll be checking most likely pointlessly all night.

^You never know. They took them off at one point and then put them back-up. Did this colorway even release on NDC yet? I'd be much happier if I could cop off there than anywhere else, but you guys scoop them up with the quickness...

Back
Top Bottom