ROSHE ONE (NOT for RUNNING) - FAQs (pg1) (NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING!!!)

Checked FNL last night, no update to the V2 page... Slept in, V2's release 
mean.gif
 in my size (11.5)
 You and me both... 8.5 though... I literally went to sleep right when they were posted... 
ohwell.gif

520 + 15 DOLLARD SHIPPING FOR A PRE-OWNED PAIR OF CALYPSOS. thats enough.
sick.gif

It's some time ago, but in September i saw some calypsos go for 200 $
Miss those days.
Like somebody said. $70 shoes for $200? Doesn't make sense.

Can anybody shed some light WHY calypsos are so expensive or why sellers can get away with $200-$300 price tag? Were they limited or something? What am I missing? Don't get me twisted, calypsos are a great color and wished I owned a pair, but I don't understand why the going rate for these are high.

sick.gif

Can anybody shed some light WHY calypsos are so expensive or why sellers can get away with $200-$300 price tag? Were they limited or something? What am I missing? Don't get me twisted, calypsos are a great color and wished I owned a pair, but I don't understand why the going rate for these are high.
its just cuz its the most popular colorway and they were with the OG7 and not GR like iguanas sport red and black sails. Its just people with money that can blow that much.

hey you guys just came back from a little Niketalk vacation. Had allot of hours at work and some mods made to my car. I see you guys copped your mangos! Great! im gonna wait for any store inside the mall to get them. Is shiekh going to get them perhaps?

hey you guys just came back from a little Niketalk vacation. Had allot of hours at work and some mods made to my car. I see you guys copped your mangos! Great! im gonna wait for any store inside the mall to get them. Is shiekh going to get them perhaps?
nah most people just bought early for 100+ just wait until all retail stores have them

doubt it... it only has steam because of a flase comparison

teals & go's hold that title not the fb's

[COLOR=#red]Currently yes, but not at the time of release. Mangos were sort of an urban legend because of the stock pic that never came to fruition. Initially the only pairs in the wild were the samples that popped up at the outlets until last fall when people started figuring out the process of fruboys/girls, tmall, tabao, etc. Calypsos were actually available through NDC on two separate occasions. When they first dropped they were simply referred to as the "teals" and resell was roughly $100. Both colors are highly coveted now on grail status because of the limited pairs available to purchase now but it wasn't like the hype train was on full steam ahead when they released. If you were around last year the one that was hyped was actually Iguanas - outside of NR and a few boutiques it was quite a task to land a pair.

Roshes and hype aren't much different than any other shoe - usually just based on availability. Cybers sat for many moons last year on NDC and now people are paying over $100, even though it was clearly the most "meh" color at it's release. Time and time again you'll see posts of people kicking themselves for being cheap on Knicks, Stadiums and especially Sirens (myself included) because the thought was that you could wait and get them for cheaper. Sirens are the exact same shoe that were slept on a year ago but are now commanding 2X retail. Availability decreased, hype increased.

Mint FBs are...weird. The color scheme is actually pretty nice in person so it's hard to ascertain exactly how much of the hype is because of the supposed "Yeezy" influence. For the most part though the hype is a chicken/egg scenario on hype/availability though.[/COLOR]

:x

[COLOR=#red]Last year I sold the mustard/navy samples to an NTer for like $60 shipped. That same guy has tried to flip them for $200. The longer you wait the longer the resell, regardless of the shoe (barring a retro). There are meh Jordans like Citrus 7s and Oreo 6s that are commanding $250+ in 2013 despite hitting outlets when they initially released. Hell, look at this thread in the last 30 pages. All of a sudden people are trying hard to track down the GPX when there CLEARLY was a FSR on NDC for all three colors (a few sizes sold out on Atomic Teal) the entire time they were up.[/COLOR]

The color of the midsole (according to FNL) is listed as "Total Crimson"

[COLOR=#red]
I don't belive that's correct. 511881-800 is the Total Crimson/Sail with the insanely bright highlighter orange, which I believe is the color of the insole. There have been many Roshes to release with the insole color listed on the boxtag.

There's a lot of exciting things ahead for the Roshe line going into Holiday '13 and Spring '14. I can't share much on specifics anymore but I'll say that variety is the spice of life :D[/COLOR]

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom