Ronnie Fieg Collabs - Tracking order link http://shop.kithnyc.com/pages/tracking

Not really my expertise, so I wouldn't know. I was just making assumptions. I must admit though, the build quality does take away from the quality of the materials sometimes. Overall the point i'm trying to get across is that: just because RF infers the quality is going to be on point, I won't actually believe him until I get a chance to see it up and close.

^ RF is notorious for hyping up collabs and praising the quality, yet a great deal of people received their coves and mints with glue stains and other factory flaws. Don't believe everything you hear/read :rolleyes

Unless you were being sarcastic, which is hard to tell via internet lol

we talking materials b. i have no doubt in my mind the materials will be top notch on this shoe. glue stains, factory flaws? RF has nothing to do with that.

Quality of materials, and build quality are two different things.....
Word. 
smokin.gif

Looks like someone took rattle can paint to it and started spraying away; not a good look at all.
But, but he says they're premium... and knowing him probably the most premium gold leather used on anything ever.
UntilI I see more pics, he could have sprinkled pure gold on them and I still would not like them based off that pic. I'll stick with it doesn't look good till there is something that changes my mind. 

Yeah, quality materials and craftsmanship are two entirely different things. It's pretty common for a sneaker/brand to have one but not the other. Like when people say modern JB releases are "good quality", they usually just mean the stitching, glue, etc. is on point because you know you're not getting nice materials there unless it's a BIN release or something.

That's why I love made in the USA NBs, because (usually) you're getting the best of both worlds

Last edited:
Yeah, quality materials and craftsmanship are two entirely different things. It's pretty common for a sneaker/brand to have one but not the other. Like when people say modern JB releases are "good quality", they usually just mean the stitching, glue, etc. is on point because you know you're not getting nice materials there unless it's a BIN release or something.

That's why I love made in the USA NBs, because (usually) you're getting the best of both worlds
I was going to mention about Jordan Brand build quality but didn't want to go off rail.

Hence there's still value in older JB Retros with people doing the odd sole swap.

^ RF is notorious for hyping up collabs and praising the quality, yet a great deal of people received their coves and mints with glue stains and other factory flaws. Don't believe everything you hear/read :rolleyes

Unless you were being sarcastic, which is hard to tell via internet lol

Lol. Sarcastic. I dislike how he tries to (or maybe does) hype his own stuff up. Every collection to him has been his best or favorite to date. He can sell stuff without all the annoying salesman talk. If he's using premium leather, then that's fine. But to me trying to down everything else is kind of lame. I'm sure if you made something you'd like to think it's the best, but it doesn't have to be the best to be really good.

I'm loving my Coves and compared to some shoes, I think the quality is just fine (if not way better). But in an almost indescribably stupid move, I bought the baby blue sweatpants just to see what the hype was about, got back from vacation today, tried them on in person and...I have no words. From what I remember, the return policy is pretty strict too so hopefully I can get store credit minus and just lose out on shipping both ways. Those blue sweatpants are absurd. 

Last edited:
Man the materials DO look really good on the GLIII, nice leather lining and even the tongue looks to be leather on both sides. Why gold?!? Why!!!!!????

Lol. Sarcastic. I dislike how he tries to (or maybe does) hype his own stuff up. Every collection to him has been his best or favorite to date. He can sell stuff without all the annoying salesman talk. If he's using premium leather, then that's fine. But to me trying to down everything else is kind of lame. I'm sure if you made something you'd like to think it's the best, but it doesn't have to be the best to be really good.
That is the nature of businesses.  To succeed over 'everyone else' (ESPECIALLY in New York), you have to sell yourself and believe that you have the best product out there.  People like him, whether you like it or not, worked extremely hard to get to this point.  To have the opportunity to even get his foot in the door with Asics, puma, new balance, etc is a huge accomplishment.

Take Apple's products for example.  I don't know if you are old enough to realize, but with every single year's release, they hype their product and say it's their best to date?  Is that necessarily true to some people? No. but look where they're at. When you design something new, it HAS to be the better than your previous releases, and that's in the designer's eyes (not yours).  You don't progress if a designer has YOUR mindset.

Don't like his product? Don't buy it. Utilize your money elsewhere. Want something you would wear? go sew your own shoe up.

we talking materials b. i have no doubt in my mind the materials will be top notch on this shoe. glue stains, factory flaws? RF has nothing to do with that.
But it goes hand in hand.

Whats the point of premuim quality materials if the build is gonna suck? Ronnie should take a few test shoes and determine if quality is up to his standards.

Its like getting a custom interior for your Rolls Royce but the panels dont line up straight and everythings crooked.

But it goes hand in hand.

Whats the point of premuim quality materials if the build is gonna suck? Ronnie should take a few test shoes and determine if quality is up to his standards.

Its like getting a custom interior for your Rolls Royce but the panels dont line up straight and everythings crooked.
He definitely does take a few pairs, they're called samples. The thing is I'm sure when making a sample, they take their time because they are only producing one or a couple pairs. After the factory gets the green light to start producing, that's when the flaws start popping up, when they are trying to pump out a bunch within a deadline. I think it's safe to say Ronnie Fieg doesn't want to see glue stains and poor stitching etc. on his product but there's nothing he can really do about it. It's be a huge loss financially to recall 1000 pairs of Asics because he found some glue stains. At this point you either get a good pair or you don't, if you don't, look past it and just wear them (no one notices glue marks besides you) or get rid of the shoe and move on.

Y'all act like glue stains are a kith exclusive.

These shoes are mass produced. They're not hand made one by one, and inpected one by one. Just about every shoe company produces shoes with minor flaws when they're mass produced.

Y'all act like glue stains are a kith exclusive.

These shoes are mass produced. They're not hand made one by one, and inpected one by one. Just about every shoe company produces shoes with minor flaws when they're mass produced.

Exactly. People need to stop acting like they are purchasing some high end designer shoe.

They are a cheap I expensively made sneaker with "premium" materials... Sometimes. I've never understood why some of you guys have such high expectations for a a shoe that retails at 160 and below.

Exactly. People need to stop acting like they are purchasing some high end designer shoe.

They are a cheap I expensively made sneaker with "premium" materials... Sometimes. I've never understood why some of you guys have such high expectations for a a shoe that retails at 160 and below.
cc: Red Octobers

How many pairs you think they make of a big release? Take Blooms for example.

100 pairs of size 10's? Both online/instore release?

Back
Top Bottom