Ronnie Fieg Collabs - Tracking order link http://shop.kithnyc.com/pages/tracking

Nike isn't struggling for relevancy homie

Lmao don't let a couple of hyped releases fool you. Nike will be fine because they'll always sell millions of pairs of plain, inoffensive frees and fkyknits at the mall for $75 a piece forever.

But theyre struggling for 3 very real reasons:

1. They haven't had a really successful original model since maybe the Racer. All of their big recent product launches have all flopped or done mildly well. The Roshe 2, Lunarcharge, SF AF1, and even the Vapormax have all basically flopped. Same goes for the last several years of Nike basketball with the exception of Kyrie and they used to absolutely dominate basketball.

2. Basically all of their attempts to break out of being the generic mall athletic shoe haven't worked. They tried hard to go upmarket/ high fashion but it hasn't worked with the exception of the first RT drop. The second RT drop, Kim jones, and Olivier rousteing didn't really move product. Their retro attempts in basketball and ACG haven't worked either. Even Jordan is dropping what would have been grails a few years back and they're selling well enough but not even close to what would have been expected a few years back.

3. This is the big one that has really long term effects. Their big releases aren't creating any residual purchasing of their normal product. The actual money made from hyped releases is nothing for these companies. The problem is that people aren't going out to buy more uptempos or basketball retros because of the suptemos, or lebrons because of the azg retro, or prestos because of the acronyms, etc.

I live 15 minutes away from nike campus and half of my street works there including my neighbor and you better believe there's a lot of nervous people at the company.

Lmao don't let a couple of hyped releases fool you. Nike will be fine because they'll always sell millions of pairs of plain, inoffensive frees and fkyknits at the mall for $75 a piece forever.

But theyre struggling for 3 very real reasons:

1. They haven't had a really successful original model since maybe the Racer. All of their big recent product launches have all flopped or done mildly well. The Roshe 2, Lunarcharge, SF AF1, and even the Vapormax have all basically flopped. Same goes for the last several years of Nike basketball with the exception of Kyrie and they used to absolutely dominate basketball.

2. Basically all of their attempts to break out of being the generic mall athletic shoe haven't worked. They tried hard to go upmarket/ high fashion but it hasn't worked with the exception of the first RT drop. The second RT drop, Kim jones, and Olivier rousteing didn't really move product. Their retro attempts in basketball and ACG haven't worked either. Even Jordan is dropping what would have been grails a few years back and they're selling well enough but not even close to what would have been expected a few years back.

3. This is the big one that has really long term effects. Their big releases aren't creating any residual purchasing of their normal product. The actual money made from hyped releases is nothing for these companies. The problem is that people aren't going out to buy more uptempos or basketball retros because of the suptemos, or lebrons because of the azg retro, or prestos because of the acronyms, etc.

I live 15 minutes away from nike campus and half of my street works there including my neighbor and you better believe there's a lot of nervous people at the company.
It takes a special kind of "Boost is life bruh!!!" simpleton to say that a company that accounts for 50% of the sneaker market is not relevant. Jordan Brand outsells Adidas by itself. Addias is showing growth and that's cool but you're downright ignorant for saying the market leader by a wide margin isn't relevant.

And to point #3, that's much more a problem for Adidas than it is Nike. Nike destroys everyone bc the average Joe that buys a $75 pair of sneakers goes with a random Nike on the shelf. Adidas has done a great job with the UB and Yeezy lines. They've created a ton of hype by countless limited batch releases. They've created a ton of hype in the sneaker community. That's like 1% of the market though. The average 55 yr old man is still going to buy Monarchs, not an EQT. Adidas is going to have to build more than just UB/Yeezy for them to get past 3rd in market share.

Last edited:
Plus vapormax is not flopping lol

There's actual numbers that will refute your anecdotes that they're struggling
He's a boost head that judges sales based on if something sells out in seconds while not taking production into account. If it sells out instantly, it's hot. If it sits, it sucks. Those type people are mindbogglingly stupid.

He's a boost head that judges sales based on if something sells out in seconds while not taking production into account. If it sells out instantly, it's hot. If it sits, it sucks. Those type people are mindbogglingly stupid.

Haha. Nice try. Never once mentioned adidas or boost. Not to mention I have one pair of NMDs and one pair of EQT ultras and not a single UB.

Maybe I also forgot to mention I have about 20 friends from college including my old roommate that all work in senior positions on campus and I did an internship there in college during the peak of nikes powers. I've been recruited to work there which I would have taken if I wasn't already at a bigger company than Nike. I know more about the actual business of Nike than you can dream of kid.

Like I said. Relevancy is their big issue and lmao if you think relevancy = market share. If that was the case, the Toyota Corolla, Skechers, and Walmart jeans would be the first on everybody's list. These things are a safe buy, they're relatively affordable, you recognize the brand, etc. but they aren't things people strive for, they're things people settle for or you buy if you don't particularly care about what you're getting, you just need something that works. And there's nothing wrong with that, you can make a ton of money doing that but Nike isn't a company that wants to be in that category. They want to be on the forefront of shoes and fashion and athletics and pop culture like they have been for most of their history.

Like we both said, they'll sell frees and monarchs forever and make a lot of money doing it but they're struggling to keep up their reputation of being the "it" brand. Call it hype or whatever you want but it's real.

P.S. companies that are comfortable in their position don't cut their CEOs pay by 75% year on year.

NY Fashion Week

DHSm1w0UQAAU7sK.jpg

Haha. Nice try. Never once mentioned adidas or boost. Not to mention I have one pair of NMDs and one pair of EQT ultras and not a single UB.

Maybe I also forgot to mention I have about 20 friends from college including my old roommate that all work in senior positions on campus and I did an internship there in college during the peak of nikes powers. I've been recruited to work there which I would have taken if I wasn't already at a bigger company than Nike. I know more about the actual business of Nike than you can dream of kid.

Like I said. Relevancy is their big issue and lmao if you think relevancy = market share. If that was the case, the Toyota Corolla, Skechers, and Walmart jeans would be the first on everybody's list. These things are a safe buy, they're relatively affordable, you recognize the brand, etc. but they aren't things people strive for, they're things people settle for or you buy if you don't particularly care about what you're getting, you just need something that works. And there's nothing wrong with that, you can make a ton of money doing that but Nike isn't a company that wants to be in that category. They want to be on the forefront of shoes and fashion and athletics and pop culture like they have been for most of their history.

Like we both said, they'll sell frees and monarchs forever and make a lot of money doing it but they're struggling to keep up their reputation of being the "it" brand. Call it hype or whatever you want but it's real.

P.S. companies that are comfortable in their position don't cut their CEOs pay by 75% year on year.
lol at moving the goalposts. I couldn't care less where you live. I couldn't care less where you work.

LOL at saying Toyota and Walmart aren't relevant in their fields. You should probably look up the definition of relevant if you don't consider those brands to be relevant in their fields.

You literally said Nike isn't relevant. That's beyond comical. It's flat out ignorant.

I noticed that also, and asked about it in store - they said they were selling them individually.

Friend just got a shipping confirm for his Converse btw.

Man... I still haven't got shipping confirmation on my sneakers... usually kith is pretty fast (from my past experiences)

I think we're all in agreement that if you have to tout your "credentials" (or in this case, your social circle) to make a point, you've already failed.

Back
Top Bottom