Ron Paul Speaks the Truth...

I dont understand america. I am a duo citizen living in canada. Ron Paul is clearly the best candidate for both parties. I am a democrat but i will be votingfor paul this election. Everything he says is the truth I just don't understand how people can fall for the lies and crooks such as McCain and Rudy. Itssad to cause obama would be good president but Hillary is going to win democrat vote then lose the federal one because the US wont vote a women into the whitehouse. Take a look at this click with John McCain and Ron Paul, its this type of lies and crap that is tricking the dumb american voters. I dont understandafter 8 years that people dont understand that most of these candidates are jsut as bad if not worse than bush.

I agree with everything you wrote. Obama would be great but Hilary is going to get the nomination. Overall though, Ron Paul is the best candidate out of all ofthem

He's an interesting candidate with lots of important and innovative viewpoints, but there's a segment of supporters of this particular candidate that Ifind a bit troubling. Obviously they're (dis)affected too by the political/cultural/social war going on in this country right now, but it's like abunch of guys got fed up with the Neocon movement because it didn't go hard enough. That's a big portion of his base. Of course lowering taxes, whilenot becoming so entrenched in Globalism & foreign matters is going to be challenging for a country who's exporting of jobs and skills and mostimportant of all, war. This war is keeping many other industries in business. The last few administrations have altered this country into a new direction whichis going to be very difficult to pull away from. I appreciate the message of ending the war, bringing troops back and putting an end to giving the time of dayto a bunch of nations throughout the world that have nothing to offer in the way of peace, evolution or progress, but this political system and relatedbureaucratic processes in this country make it difficult for an honest, sincere and well-intentioned person to accomplish anything unless everyone gets a cut.

Well if Obama is in it ill vote for him i think hes great but if hes out of it ill vote for paul, heres great vid on obama, speaks truth bout hillary

ron paul my man (nh)
pimp.gif

Ron Paul is a nutcase.

He's the candidate favoured by a lot of pseudo-intellectuals who like to pretend that they know politics, but anyone who has really examined his policieswill dismiss them as completely unfeasible.

I like him. He makes those other evil robot Republicans a lil tight n' nervous. I like him like a liked Bill Clinton. I'm with his movement.
Obama is a heat speaker too so I hope one of those guys get in.

Source: Ontheissues.org

These aren't all his views or all the issues but it paints a pretty good picture of him.

Ron Paul on Abortion
pro-life
* I am a pro-choice advocate.

Ron Paul on Civil Rights
Protect all voluntary associations; don't define marriage.
* I agree.

Ron Paul on Crime
Changed opinion to anti-death penalty due to many mistakes.
* I support the death penalty, but I agree with his reasoning.

Ron Paul on Drugs
Repeal most federal drug laws; blacks are treated unfairly.
eek.gif
I am not an illegal drug user but he has some very liberal views on drugs. I am impressed by him here.

Ron Paul on Foreign Policy
Right to spread our values, but wrong to spread by force.
* Another surprising opinion. +1 Ron Paul

Ron Paul on Health Care
Oppose mandated health insurance and universal coverage.
* I support a national health care policy, but I have been to Norway where healthcare is free and you truly do get what you pay for. People die from"routine" procedures over there. I'm on the fence here but I would like a national health care plan.

Ron Paul on Homeland Security
Opposes Patriot Act & Iraq War.
* He's got the right idea here.

Ron Paul on Immigration
No amnesty, but impractical to round up 12 million illegals.
* I'm on board here.

Ron Paul on Jobs
Voted NO on increasing minimum wage to $7.25.
* You GOTTA raise the min wage man!

I am impressed, he's a Republican but if he's nominated i'd seriously consider voting for him.

Originally Posted by MakeMyHam

Ron Paul is a nutcase.

He's the candidate favoured by a lot of pseudo-intellectuals who like to pretend that they know politics, but anyone who has really examined his policies will dismiss them as completely unfeasible.

Would you mind going into more depth about this?

Obama is a weak candidate. John Edwards has a better platform than this him as well as more experience and charisma, but doesn't get the attention hedeserves, because well, he's not Obama.

Originally Posted by MakeMyHam

Ron Paul is a nutcase.

He's the candidate favoured by a lot of pseudo-intellectuals who like to pretend that they know politics, but anyone who has really examined his policies will dismiss them as completely unfeasible.

I am sorry, but it is hard to take someone who uses the term "pseudo-intellectual" seriously because people who call others that name tend be guiltlyof being one. I will give you the benefit of the doubt and ask you how are his ideas "unfeasible." We did get by without federal restrictions ondrugs, without an income tax, without a Federal Reserve bank, without a foreign policy that is involved in the affairs of other country on Earth.

I would agree that some of his ideas may be undiserable but unfeasible? I doubt it. Even if he did make the federal government as constrained as it was acentury ago, our standard of living would not regress to the standard of living from the past and while I do not like everything he says, I believe that ouroverall standard of living would be greater if we replaced the status quo with all of Ron Paul's policy proposals.

• Repeal most federal drug laws; blacks are treated unfairly. (Sep 2007)
    • Inner-city minorities are punished unfairly in war on drugs. (Sep 2007)
    • $500B on War on Drugs since 1970s has been a total failure. (Sep 2007)
    • Legalize industrial hemp. (Jan 2007)
    • Voted NO on military border patrols to battle drugs & terrorism. (Sep 2001)
    • Voted NO on subjecting federal employees to random drug tests. (Sep 1998)
    • War on Drugs has abused Bill of Rights . (Dec 2000)
    • Legalize medical marijuana. (Jul 2001)
    • Rated A by VOTE-HEMP, indicating a pro-hemp voting record. (Dec 2003)
pimp.gif

[Frank Lucas] my man... [Frank Lucus]

He's the only Republican candidate I would consider voting for. That's not saying a lot, though.

Voted NO on increasing minimum wage to $7.25.
* You GOTTA raise the min wage man!
Normally I'd agree, but you have to look how the dollar is losing its value.

If you increase minimum wage, you also increase inflation.

We don't need that right now.

Originally Posted by chris boshs neck

I dont understand america. [color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]I am a duo citizen living in canada[/color]. Ron Paul is clearly the best candidate for both parties. I am a democrat but i will be voting for paul this election. Everything he says is the truth I just don't understand how people can fall for the lies and crooks such as McCain and Rudy. Its sad to cause obama would be good president but Hillary is going to win democrat vote then lose the federal one because the US wont vote a women into the white house. Take a look at this click with John McCain and Ron Paul, its this type of lies and crap that is tricking the dumb american voters. I dont understand after 8 years that people dont understand that most of these candidates are jsut as bad if not worse than bush.

I'm sorry, but I stopped reading right there.

Econ. guys, what would be the impacts/effects of getting rid of the Fed and moving back to the gold standard?

Ron Paul is a nutcase.

This is the only sane thing I've read in this thread. Anyone who even takes Ron Paul seriously deserves a
indifferent.gif

This man is an insult to the American intelligence....and he's racist.
smh.gif

We did get by without federal restrictions on drugs, without an income tax, without a Federal Reserve bank, without a foreign policy that is involved in the affairs of other country on Earth.
50 + years ago. (except for the last part). It's sounds wonderful but in reality it's plain irrational.

Even if he did make the federal government as constrained as it was a century ago, our standard of living would not regress to the standard of living from the past and while I do not like everything he says, I believe that our overall standard of living would be greater if we replaced the status quo with all of Ron Paul's policy proposals.
Wrong. If Ron Paul was president, forget standard of living, no American would be safe in his own home let alone school, church, airports, etc.

BTW the "status quo" has been working for 200 + years, and has made us THE most powerful country in over a thousand years. Why would you want tochange that?

BTW the "status quo" has been working for 200 + years, and has made us THE most powerful country in over a thousand years. Why would you want to change that?
ehh...post-WWII there has been a vast increase in federal and presidential powers. Prior to FDR, the executive branch wasn't nearly aspowerful or far-reaching as it is today. That's something nobody can deny.

Back
Top Bottom