Rockets @ Lakers Game 5 Thread - 5/12 - 7:30 PST

Keys to a Laker win:

1. Kobe needs to play within the offense. We cannot afford to have him with the ball in his hands for 12 seconds out of the shot clock.

2. Get the ball to Pau in the post not on the elbow. i cannot stress this enough. The ballshould touch pau's hands almost every time down the court. Run the offense inside out.

3. Get the ball to Kobe on the elbow. Doing this will allow his a better position to evaluate the defense without using his dribble. This is how he was effective against the Cavs and Boston in the regular season, nothing is differentwith the way the Rockets play defense.

4. Ariza please stop faking the three just take the shot. I would rather live with Ariza's open threes than him driving after a pumpfake, unless it's a wide open lane, otherwise Houston's defense closes gaps like the Baltimore Ravens D.

5. Stop double teaming! We don't need to double team anyone on the Rockets. I can live with a contested shot vs. a wide open shotanyday. The only person we should show help on is Brooks especially if Fisher is playing what he likes to call defenseon him.

I think if those 5 things are taken care of, which are all not too hard to do, we can win this game without any problems. If they don't do these things beready for a long game!

Originally Posted by CP1708

Originally Posted by rayray3thousand

lakers giving 12? oddsmakers like the lake show tonight so you gotta count that for something...

Yeah, Vegas likes to make their money.

Don't mean a thing on the court.
donaghy_bryant_400.jpg

why can't we just feed the post?
they have a 6'6 guy playing center.
start bynum and gasol, just feed the moth@*$#$# post.
and let fisher sit out please. he can't run with brooks and lowry.
farmar is gaining back his confidence even after that 65 foot pass that went over his head.
and shannon is the best defender of the three.
sit sasha, give minutes to shannon and jordan.

Even though the Rockets are small in stature, they have low post guys who can body up the Lakers big men, and it's frustrating to see a 6'6" guyblocking a 7 foot Pau Gasol.

oops wrong thread,

anyways, i expect lakers to come out and pound the ball inside. try to get fouls on chuck hayes, scola, and their big men

it's funny how bringing artest made houston a "tough" team.

with smoothie tmac and yao, houston was known to be soft.

artest def changed the culture of houston rockets.

i say rockets need to keep him. he kinda made his teammates tough and fiesty along with shane.

Praying for a Houston win
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Brooks has to play that fast brand of basketball he's good at. No point guard can outrun him or guard him in LA

Originally Posted by cruzair13

farmar is gaining back his confidence even after that 65 foot pass that went over his head.
agree with everything you said, I was saying this earlier. I don't know why the lakers aren't bringing into the paint or going hard in thepost every play. There is no one down there anymore. And I really agree with sitting Fisher. He's one of my favorites but he just can't keep up withthem boys.

Thanks to lakersmets49ers and westcoastsfinest for the comments earlier.
But it's game time!
LETS GO ROCKETS!!

Originally Posted by rocathajordans23

Originally Posted by cruzair13

agree with everything you said, I was saying this earlier. I don't know why the lakers aren't bringing into the paint or going hard in the post every play. There is no one down there anymore. And I really agree with sitting Fisher. He's one of my favorites but he just can't keep up with them boys.
Your post is soft/mentally unstable lately. Bynum is looking like Oden out there.

people on the east coast, how do you do it? this game isnt going to start till damn near 11

Back
Top Bottom