Rockets 20 game win streak or Atheletics 20 game win streak from '02

A's

in the rockets streak they have beat nobody of signifigance. still its a good achievement by the rockets.

A's. Those 20 games probably came in 21 or 22 days. Baseball is a game that doesn't forgive mistakes either. One pitch can cost you a game.

Still not getting the comparison of the 2 but I'll go with the Rockets. They were basically on the outside looking in before it and are still able to fallout the race. Then Yao goes down in the middle of it and they still continue to win games.

What's with all these Rocket threads all of a sudden? :lol:

Edit: oh yeah and 21-0 > 20-0 regardless imho.

Don't get me started on the 20 game win streak. I was at #18,19, and 20. My boy Miggy and Scotty Hatteberg were tearing it up. We should have won it thatyear, I swear...
laugh.gif

Definitely the A's. I'm hella bias, but those were some great, intense games. The Rockets....ehhhh, whatever.

I have to say the A's 20 game win steak is more impressive, but we'll see how far the Rockets can take this. Oh yeah, and who was the team that endedthe A's streak? Hmmm I just can't seem to remember at the moment....

I'm going to have to say the A's. Having a different pitcher taking the ball every 5 days, they had to keep the mistakes to a minimum, especially withthe type of offense we had. Not to mention, the defense had to keep their mistakes to a minimum too.

The Rockets' streak is impressive as well, but baseball is a game of inches. One pitch left over the plate by an inch or two, and they definitely couldhave lost a few.

people are only saying A's because their biased toward oakland

the Rockets can't switch in fresh players every couple games. its the same guys getting it done every single game, for 21 straight games.the As streak was very impressive, but winning that many games in a row in a sport like basketball is more impressive.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

This is so easy to answer, Oakland A's.

In NBA you can have one player control the game on offense and also one player can play a major role on defense. But in baseball you got basically a chessmatch between pitcher and hitter, so only the pitcher can control the game. And having 5 different starting pitchers gives a lot of room for error ONE TIME in20 games.

And to the people talking about how the Rockets are doing it in a tough race....ummm do you guys know that the Angels went 18-2 during the same 20 gamestretch. And they were in a division race in the AL West against Oakland.

Both streaks are
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
though.

roll.gif
At all the bandwagoners on NT. Like 10 posts in a row saying rocketsthen the next 10 going with the A's.

Really though, I don't see why anyone would say the rockets other than it being fresh on our minds.

Rockets. They lost their best player midway through and everyone thought they would fold like a fresh pair of khakis. They are playing in the WesternConference where top to bottom the teams are extremely strong, they're basically beating a different team(style of play) every night. Whereas the theA's beat what 4 or 5 teams? (No disrespect to what they accomplished an impressive feat nonetheless)

But my $$'s on the Rockets with 22 in a row...

Originally Posted by 22 Deuces 22

BTW, who remembers my "The Oakland A's May Never Lose Again" thread during that streak....?
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

I actually do slightly remember that title.

A's

I look at it this way. In baseball the average winning percentage is about .550 for a playoff team, where an NBA teams winning percentage is about .600 andtheres 2x as many playoff teams. In baseball losses are more common than basketball. Also long win streaks are more common in basketball, teams always go on10+ game win streaks. Sweeping a series is usually good news for a baseball team.

Also, anyone saying the rockies, they went something like 22-1 before the sweep. They lost a key game in their final series against Arizona, I was so on edgeafter that game.

Back
Top Bottom