Robin Hood with Russell Crowe = Gladiator 2

Originally Posted by sauuceking

I liked it. Don't know why people are so quick to hate on movies, like damn, good acting, good entertainment, not a bad time.

everyone should stop comparing this movie to gladiator.

the story is a little thick at the beginning but its cast wonderfully, and the cinematography is amazing. i enjoyed it a lot.

i saw this last night.. its a decent movie at best.. i think its a little too long and the story kind of drags out a bit..
if your into robin hood lore then you should see it but if your just looking for an action movie then go see iron man 2 instead

how do some of yall not see the gladiator comparison? this the 3rd or 4th thread on this and yall stay rushing with the jokes and gifs
laugh.gif

just off the ads
the scenery in the commercials, the "epic" one liners, the battle scene, "man of the people",up against nobility. . hollywood gotten mad lazy
the battle scene in the ad looked copied and pasted from opening scene in Gladiator

i'll check it out one day, looks boring
grin.gif

Originally Posted by NachoBroadway

I'm in for a doubleheader sunday morning with this & Ironman2, big fan of Ridley Scott & Russel Crowe, reviews been weak

did the same thing on friday
not as good as gladiator.....but was still good

Just got back from it and it was good, I liked it. Typical Russell Crowe performance.

Anti-government movies always get a thumbs up in my book.

SKIP IT! Way too long, way too slow, very boring. You wait 2 1/4 hours to get some good action. But
roll.gif
at the blind old man going to hug Crowe and almost missing him ...

At the one part where after the queen exits the room after slapping her son, the new king, some dude in my theatre yelled: "Yeah you go back to the kitchen and make him a sandwich, %%%@%." Everyone laughed.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by n1rb

i saw this last night.. its a decent movie at best.. i think its a little too long and the story kind of drags out a bit..
if your into robin hood lore then you should see it but if your just looking for an action movie then go see iron man 2 instead

iron man sucked.....just better off skipping both

No jokes, but I've been w/o cable for about 3 months now and I just recently caught this preview on TV at work and was pumped yet confused when I thought about "Gladiator 2....Really?"

Then I saw the Robin Hood title. I raised an eyebrow.

Originally Posted by Dynamic X

At the one part where after the queen exits the room after slapping her son, the new king, some dude in my theatre yelled: "Yeah you go back to the kitchen and make him a sandwich, %%%@%." Everyone laughed.
laugh.gif
Dude's yelling out sentences now in theatres? 
eyes.gif
 Sounds annoying.

I stopped even considering watching this movie when I saw in a preview that the queen puts on armor and fights in the battles.  
Trying to copy the King Arthur movie by making the lead female character strong and fighting along with the men.  

The lead female in these movies are supposed to be hot and show boobs and have sex with the hero.  

Originally Posted by shogun

I stopped even considering watching this movie when I saw in a preview that the queen puts on armor and fights in the battles.  
Trying to copy the King Arthur movie by making the lead female character strong and fighting along with the men.  

The lead female in these movies are supposed to be hot and show boobs and have sex with the hero.  

she doesnt fight in every battle. if that's your only reason for not seeing this movie, then i dont trust your judgement in movies anyways.

Originally Posted by hawtsauce

she doesnt fight in every battle. if that's your only reason for not seeing this movie, then i dont trust your judgement in movies anyways.
I enjoy a wide variety of movies.  That part of the movie looked weird to me.  It seems like they just wanted to make her a strong female character and they always do that in those kind of movies by putting her in armor and giving her a sword.  Similar to Lord of the Rings and King Arthur.  I find it corny.

Originally Posted by GotHolesInMySocks

Originally Posted by n1rb

iron man sucked.....just better off skipping both
dude said if u lookin for action...thought the action was a bit light in iron man, more of ROBERT DOWNEY JR being a smart **!.

Movie looks like a corny drama, and they are using Russell Crowe as a great marketing tool. Movie doesnt appeal to me....now Men in Tights...classic.

C'mon son. That ain't the Queen. It's Maid Merriam. And she only really fights in the last one.

I liked it, wasn't anything amazing but I thought it told the story of how Robin became an outlaw pretty well. Hate the new King though. Dude is the epitome of a @@!#$#@*%.

Originally Posted by hawtsauce

I enjoy a wide variety of movies.  That part of the movie looked weird to me.  It seems like they just wanted to make her a strong female character and they always do that in those kind of movies by putting her in armor and giving her a sword.  Similar to Lord of the Rings and King Arthur.  I find it corny.

its literally 5 min of the movie, but i understand what you're saying.

i just love the robin hood story

The most expensive nap I've taken all week. Don't waste your $ on this garbage. TERRIBLE movie.

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

The most expensive nap I've taken all week. Don't waste your $ on this garbage. TERRIBLE movie.

This.

There was literally 15 minutes of "action" and the movie is 140 minutes long.

No thanks.

First off
robin_hood_men_in_tights2.jpg
 = The Best Robin Hood

And I figured Crowe's Robin Hood would not be much like Gladiator since I saw it was PG-13. And I would have to say his best performance was in The Insider.

ROBIN HOOD IS PG 13

I was getting excited about it because I am a huge gladiator fan but I completely erased it from my mind when I find out it was PG 13.

No gore? No *******? %*%! that.

Back
Top Bottom