RIP to the Owner of Phillipe's

The owner of Phillipe's French Dip Sandwich joint passed away.
If you've ever been in Chinatown/Downtown LA and tried their sandwiches, you know what's up!
pimp.gif

So in honor of this great investment the man has made, I thought a thread would be worthy in the SoCal region specifically the Los Angeles area!

Damn, how? any source or something?
Man I love that place one of my favourite places to eat at, when it was before and after a Dodgers game or during the summer time.

RIP
frown.gif

I've eaten a good amount of sandwiches/pies from Phillipe's in my 21+ years and will continue to do so
pimp.gif

i was watching discovery channel (or the food channel) and they was talking about this spot. thats crazy

im sleeping.....know nothing of this place.....
might have to go check it out.

JP, my homie texted me and told me about him passing away

Very good picture, battleground
pimp.gif

DFABIX, if you go to Union Station, just get on Alameda and walk toward Chinatown, you'll see Phillipe's, you have been sleeping, their sandwiches are really good.

It's closed because they had failed a safety inspection.

Roaches in the kitchen.

Will be back open tomorrow for lunch.

oh man crazy...I love me a lamb double dip with a lemonade and some mac salad...maybe a piece of pie too.

I also saw that news report that they were closed for roaches...maybe the stress is what killed him. RIP man.

Originally Posted by CincoSeisDos

Roaches in the kitchen.

sick.gif

Originally Posted by CincoSeisDos

Roaches in the kitchen.

I heard about that
9bb1554b7866b5f21343d975dabf160b7e7380b.gif

Crazy i never heard about this when it first happened. I just glanced at the thread title today and thought "Holy $*$$" dude must have been stressed out from all the bad publicity since they got closed down cuz of the roach problem.

That said i like eating there. I lived right down the street for years so i've ate there countless times. I do think its a tad over rated, but its hard for anything to live up to the hype that this place has.

RIP to the owner though

Definitely not overrated. That tray above is the perfect meal. Two sandwiches, a caesar salad and a diet coke. The only thing missing is their chocolate silk pie. Probably my favorite casual place to eat in LA. Their alcohol is very reasonable too. 10c coffee is unbeatable. 10x better than Cole's. Their bread is too sweat and the ceasar salad tastes like mayonaise. BTW there's one line that splits into two.

Roaches in the kitchen.

LOL! My homie ate there right before this happened.
laugh.gif

Place is bomb though i just don't like spending money there and being completely hungry after I eat. I could eat a ton of those sandwiches.

DAMN... RIP. Love that place to death, been going to Daikokuya more after Dodgers games lately though tbh

Probably going to stop by next time I'm Downtown now, RIP again.

Is this spot on Figueroa Street ?

How far is this spot from Staples Center ?

Everytime I go to downtown LA for Laker games I try finding good places to eat and chill before I go inside Staples because prices for food inside the arena are outrageous. The restaurants in LA Live are also way over priced and that spot "The original pantry house" is overrated.

Back
Top Bottom