RIP Nipsey Hussle

I think there's a deeper discussion to be had here...but not in this thread. *****s emotions is too awry right now to have a legit, honest, intelligent debate.

I was just typing this.

I know for me, there's a discussion that needs to be had w/respect to how we love and glorify gang culture, gang imagery, gang idolatry, then get sad when **** like this happens. This is especially true in LA, (this part of LA) where it's rampant. Hard to have that convo right now about Nip though because so many people are hurting

But to me, To discuss Nipsey Hussle's life and what he meant to this community, is inherently discussing his place and role in the glorification of gang life and gang culture in the city, and as he grew more popular, society as a whole.

Last edited:
Just cause you're on NT doesn't mean you aren't well versed about the streets, been involved in **** in the streets, aren't familiar with that life from a first hand experience.

We all ended up here one way or another, but because we're on here doesn't exclude us from being involved in certain ****.

Trust me.

Trust me I’ve run into a hundred guys like you and when pressed won’t do ish but bump ya gums. You on niketalk, you ain’t built like that so stop acting like you the only one who understands the dynamic of growing up in hood. Majority of what goes on ain’t anything to glorify.
***** please save it nobody stepping to me I’m from “the hood” been moved out I don’t think I’m better or stronger minded than anybody else in that situation get off your high horse

At the end of the day, we were all kids at one point or another.

Nipsey didn’t starting banging 60s at the age of 33. Him pistol whipping someone at a younger age is a moot point. when the switch on he evolved and began to better himself.

Last edited:
Just cause you're on NT doesn't mean you aren't well versed about the streets, been involved in **** in the streets, aren't familiar with that life from a first hand experience.

We all ended up here one way or another, but because we're on here doesn't exclude us from being involved in certain ****.

Trust me.
There is some truth to this but being realistic I doubt most on here are some super hard cats either. If they were they wouldn’t be on here or most messageboards going back and forth all day. Maybe somebody with a low post count but some of these post count numbers say cats living very normal non street stuff lives imo.

At the end of the day, we were all kids at one point or another.

Nipsey didn’t starting banging 60s at the age of 33. Him pistol whipping someone at a younger age is a moot point. when the switch on he evolved and began to better himself.

Younger age? You think that stuff was completely out of his life? I think th

I don't disagree that he was bettering himself. For sure, and he bettered this community in the process.

But, this was from his last album

I know a ton of dudes in this video. Those are real gang members who've been in and out of jail for B&E's, manslaughter, and more and it's 100% glorification of that lifestyle. The homies he rolls with everyday are still banging. He was still throwing up NH every chance he got and was still pressing the issue with folks.

This IS NOT a backhanded way of slandering Nip. I love nip. But my community is reeling over this gang ****, man. The same stuff he's glorifying in this video.

The first intelligent conversation they'll want to have with you are solutions that include white people and their opinions, just watch. It cannot be worthwhile if they are not involved.

There is some truth to this but being realistic I doubt most on here are some super hard cats either. If they were they wouldn’t be on here or most messageboards going back and forth all day. Maybe somebody with a low post count but some of these post count numbers say cats living very normal non street stuff lives imo.

Depends what you use to define "super hard cats" I don't think we have any killers on here, but who knows, I don't think we have active gang members on here, but who knows.

You never know who is behind a computer that's for sure. I'm sure we got some people on here who can throw hands, I'm sure we got some people on here that if you say something to them in person that you think is slick on the internet, might actually check you. Me being one of them. Some of us were raised different / brought up differently. We adapted to the internet life, we weren't raised on it.

All I know is you'd be surprised what a lot of us have seen / done / been involved with outside of our time being logged in on here.

We got people who have killed on here and active gang members. :lol:

I’m not gonna put anyone on blast but they’ve told their stories.

People act like street cats can’t have hobbies.

I've probably missed those stories. But correct.

I've linked up with certain NTers, they've met up with me in the Chi, I've taken them from where I'm from, I've had them outside OUTSIDE in the middle of the summer and some of the reaction is like... bruh... wtf?

Some of us are actually from / in this life that the non-initiated only see from TV and the internet.

Screenshot_20190403-141901_Instagram.jpg

Depends what you use to define "super hard cats" I don't think we have any killers on here, but who knows, I don't think we have active gang members on here, but who knows.

You never know who is behind a computer that's for sure. I'm sure we got some people on here who can throw hands, I'm sure we got some people on here that if you say something to them in person that you think is slick on the internet, might actually check you. Me being one of them. Some of us were raised different / brought up differently. We adapted to the internet life, we weren't raised on it.

All I know is you'd be surprised what a lot of us have seen / done / been involved with outside of our time being logged in on here.
I wouldn’t be surprised by nothing just don’t think many “killer” types are on the net all the time esp sites like this. If I’m wrong so be it but when pictures are posted dang near every time it looks like exactly what you’d expect. I know everybody don’t post pictures but my main point is I’m just not buying it being more than a minimum amount of real tough guys on here. As far as people throwing hands and the like that’s normal stuff period when you get a mix of people. I know folks that do that and aren’t any type of tough guys.

As far as folks getting checked irl I believe that because folks online sometimes talk in a way that isn’t normal offline. They know they can do that slick stuff that don’t fly offline online. That’s why convos normally go way different offline than online when it’s just a normal convo like we supposed to have on here.

No beef just think the amount of hard dudes on here are on sites like this aren’t that many and most wouldn’t be all hype to talk about what they did. Maybe I just know different cats that do these types of things than others on here.

Some of these dudes get into an discussion where they disagree with someone, claiming that they are about that life outside, yet run to a moderator if there is a discussion about something as complicated a race, on supposed the wrong thread no less.

On sneaker threads you'll see, let's keep it about the shoes...
In sports threads you'll see people try and control the narrative, even if a fan calls an athlete the Nword.
I only want to talk about hoops, call the mod to ban him for talking about race here.
On this thread, now the discussion is being changed to who is real while on line, yet these are the same dudes who don't want to talk about anything Black, yet this is a Black issue.

You wanna talk real? Here it is. There is no issue on this planet that Black people are facing, and that includes gangs, drugs and the connection to all, that was not created through White Supremacy. Until you are ready to discuss the ramifications of White privilege, and the effect it has had on Black people spiritually, intellectually, and physically, you are not ready to have one of those supposed intelligent discussions on the subject and the issues we face on the daily.

Trust me I’ve run into a hundred guys like you and when pressed won’t do ish but bump ya gums. You on niketalk, you ain’t built like that so stop acting like you the only one who understands the dynamic of growing up in hood. Majority of what goes on ain’t anything to glorify.

For the people questioning his affiliation with "gang culture".

Ok Great.

Nip Grew Up into LA gang culture.

As he got older and more mature he decided to step away from the negatives of gang culture and focus on a craft.

In doing this he made a name for himself and decided not disown where he came from or the people who he grew up with.

NIP rapped plenty of times about being young and being in shootouts, loosing friends, and knowing he could have been the one gone forever.

When you from certain places and go thru these things at young ages with ppl, its hard to turn your back on them knowing you could have easily been left in there shoes.

So Nip didn't just throw away his Crip ties, he instead tried to change the gang violence/gun culture that LA was popular for by:
- Creating Jobs in neighborhood (because a poor neighborhood = violence)
- Create programs to promote Education (STEM)
- Show with YG to squash a set beef that was bubbling in LA
- Signing artist from different sets to his label to promote peace (Daylyte video)

Remember Crips were originally formed to protect the neighborhood, and 1 killing from their opposing gang started gang wars for years.

So imo, the argument its not really about us/ Nipsey "supporting the gang culture" (ie. guns/violence), but us supporting his work in changing the gang culture.

Also P C H P C H , Exactly what lifestyle are they glorifying in that video?

Me and probably majority of people that saw that video only recognized (2) faces, and that was Nipsey & Lauren.

I see no connection in what you say the people you recognized in the video have done to the actual video (I understand it may hit you different).

I watch that video and I see people that look like ppl in my hood or people that I grew up with.

No beef just think the amount of hard dudes on here are on sites like this aren’t that many and most wouldn’t be all hype to talk about what they did. Maybe I just know different cats that do these types of things than others on here.

Thing is... like dacomeup dacomeup said, it's 2019. EVERYTHING is different now. EVERYTHING revolves around our phone / Internet. That accounts for people in all walks of life.

Social Media is popular... What's one thing that is persistent throughout all the years? If it's popular everybody wants in on it. EVERYBODY.

I know shooters / hustlers who use IG more than I do! :lol: Who won't log the **** off.

Everybody want's to be involved with whats poppin.

Back
Top Bottom