RIP Chester Bennington from Linkin Park....

RIP Chester

I was a big fan of the earlier LP albums growing up but I wouldn't have the heart to take myself out especially if I had 6 reasons (kids) not to. My thoughts go out to the wife and kids smh.

RIP Chester. Been listening to LP all day. They got me through the dark awkward times of middle school. Related a lot to their music.

Dude was pretty blatant with his mental health and drug issues. I wonder if he ever went to therapy or counseling. It's hard to take that first step sometimes. Some people never do.

wait what? Where are you getting these backwards ideas from? Death LITERALLY means, 'the end of life'

Now if you want to go spiritual, we can do that.

And to be real, You can get another wife. You can have another child, you can be abused and feel used. You can be abused your entire childhood and adolencence. You can still lead a life away from that. It can be done. Difficultly, but possible. You CANNOT come back from the dead to try again. To see what more life has in store for you. Now of course illness and chemical imbalances can mask and hide the positives of life from you, but there are ways to pull the curtains back.

so basically a child you lost can be replaced by having another child? a child u grew to love since birth can easily be replaced? ok kids are expendable. got it. another wife? a woman u loved and grew a bond with stricken with cancer dies, u simply just replace her with another woman? so people are expendable. got it. Its not about coming BACK from death because DEATH IS LIFE. When u are born what is guaranteed at birth .....DEATH....all the inbetween stuff is just fluff. You arent guaranteed to be rich,famous etc.

Society is just all screwed up, we look at death as being so bad and yea if someone is murdered (espcially at a young age)it tends to make it seem so but IT IS LIFE. The ultimate goal in life is death,some get there faster than others.
wait what? Where are you getting these backwards ideas from? Death LITERALLY means, 'the end of life'

Now if you want to go spiritual, we can do that.

And to be real, You can get another wife. You can have another child, you can be abused and feel used. You can be abused your entire childhood and adolencence. You can still lead a life away from that. It can be done. Difficultly, but possible. You CANNOT come back from the dead to try again. To see what more life has in store for you. Now of course illness and chemical imbalances can mask and hide the positives of life from you, but there are ways to pull the curtains back.

Ill just leave this here. We can agree to disagree though

One of the challenges in defining death is in distinguishing it from life. As a point in time, death would seem to refer to the moment at which life ends. Determining when death has occurred requires drawing precise conceptual boundaries between life and death. This is difficult, due to there being little consensus on how to define life. This general problem applies to the particular challenge of defining death.

It is possible to define life in terms of consciousness. When consciousness ceases, a living organism can be said to have died. One of the flaws in this approach is that there are many organisms which are alive but probably not conscious (for example, single-celled organisms). Another problem is in defining consciousness, which has many different definitions given by modern scientists, psychologists and philosophers. Additionally, many religious traditions, including Abrahamic and Dharmic traditions, hold that death does not (or may not) entail the end of consciousness. In certain cultures, death is more of a process than a single event. It implies a slow shift from one spiritual state to another.

Damn...I'm on a middle school rock binge right now.

Linkin Park, Evenescence, My Chemical Romance, Fall Out Boy, Daughtry, Life House, Three Days Grace, Good Charlotte, Bowling for Soup, Dropkick Murphys, Rooney, Green Day, System of a Down....memories...memories...

I'm sorry you dealt with that bro. Depression is no joke. I have an aunt that is in an out of hospitals because of it. Chemical imbalance.

When you were depressed, what kept you from killing yourself? Serious question. Why are you still here? Not being facetious. I mean, for real, like, what kept you going.
Just kept saying just one more day one more day. That's how people with depression live. For some get better eventually for some don't

Damn...I'm on a middle school rock binge right now.

Linkin Park, Evenescence, My Chemical Romance, Fall Out Boy, Daughtry, Life House, Three Days Grace, Good Charlotte, Bowling for Soup, Dropkick Murphys, Rooney, Green Day, System of a Down....memories...memories...

No simple plan?

Never listened to this type of music but I've definitely heard of the band name years back. So saddened to hear about his 6 children losing a father. Rip sir.

Here you go Guys. Linkin Park released a new music video today. What unfortunate timing.

The fact that you can believe that death is best for anyone shows that you are ill equipped for this conversation.

And for the record, I absolutely know how mental illness works. I know how hard it is.

No you really ******* don't

Just kept saying just one more day one more day. That's how people with depression live. For some get better eventually for some don't

That's real man. I'm really happy for you that you managed to grind through it. If it happens to come back around, draw from those moments of success, and trust that you can do it again. Stay strong.

so basically a child you lost can be replaced by having another child? a child u grew to love since birth can easily be replaced? ok kids are expendable. got it. another wife? a woman u loved and grew a bond with stricken with cancer dies, u simply just replace her with another woman? so people are expendable. got it. Its not about coming BACK from death because DEATH IS LIFE. When u are born what is guaranteed at birth .....DEATH....all the inbetween stuff is just fluff. You arent guaranteed to be rich,famous etc.

Society is just all screwed up, we look at death as being so bad and yea if someone is murdered (espcially at a young age)it tends to make it seem so but IT IS LIFE. The ultimate goal in life is death,some get there faster than others.

Ill just leave this here. We can agree to disagree though

One of the challenges in defining death is in distinguishing it from life. As a point in time, death would seem to refer to the moment at which life ends. Determining when death has occurred requires drawing precise conceptual boundaries between life and death. This is difficult, due to there being little consensus on how to define life. This general problem applies to the particular challenge of defining death.

It is possible to define life in terms of consciousness. When consciousness ceases, a living organism can be said to have died. One of the flaws in this approach is that there are many organisms which are alive but probably not conscious (for example, single-celled organisms). Another problem is in defining consciousness, which has many different definitions given by modern scientists, psychologists and philosophers. Additionally, many religious traditions, including Abrahamic and Dharmic traditions, hold that death does not (or may not) entail the end of consciousness. In certain cultures, death is more of a process than a single event. It implies a slow shift from one spiritual state to another.

I'm not saying they're expendable. The loss of a child or loved one...there are very few, if anything in life that can mimic that pain. Theoretically, with time and healing you, you can have another child. You can marry another. Meaning you have that ability. Whether it works for you is semantics. I'm not talking about feelings and such, just what is possible in contrast to what is not, i.e. resurrection, at least based in what we can do day to day, I mean we can talk about Jesus, Lazarus, etc, but in terms on now and today.

Crazy to think he sang at chris cornells funeral and died today on his bday... both died the same way..

I remember twitter was giving him crap cuz he told fans they'd never make another hybrid theory ever again.. I mean that was there best album imo

For those in here saying it's selfish to take your life, have you never heard admitting you have a problem is the 1st and the hardest step? Doctors and victims will tell you that. Take a hike.

Clinical depression is no joke. My girlfriend deals with it time to time. A lot of mental issues stems from childhood experiences. I had no idea Chester was sexually abused as a child.

Love your kids, listen to them.

For those in here saying it's selfish to take your life, have you never heard admitting you have a problem is the 1st and the hardest step? Doctors and victims will tell you that. Take a hike.

you recognize that admitting you have a problem is part of wanting to get better right? it's how you start getting help. if you dont do those things, then you dont want help.

Back
Top Bottom