RIP Adam Yauch

http://music-mix.ew.com/2...yauch-beastie-boys-dead/
[h1]Adam Yauch, founding member of the Beastie Boys, has died[/h1]
by Kyle Anderson

Tags: Adam YauchBeastie BoysHip-Hop/RapIn Memoriam
beastie-boys-adam-yauch_320.jpg

Image Credit: Scott Gries/Getty Images

Adam Yauch, a member of the seminal hip-hop trio the Beastie Boys, has died. He was 47 years old.

The Brooklyn-born musician known to fans as MCA was first treated for a cancerous growths in his parotid gland and a lymph node in 2009 and subsequently underwent surgery and radiation therapy, which forced the delay of the Beastie Boys’ most recent album Hot Sauce Committee Part Two. His illness has also kept the group off the road, and Yauch missed the group’s induction into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame two weeks ago.

Yauch first met his musical comrade-in-arms Michael Diamond (a.k.a Mike D) when he was still in high school; inspired by the manic punk energy of bands like Black Flag, the pair conceived the Beastie Boys as a noisy hardcore band. The group originally featured friends John Berry and Kate Schellenbach (the latter of whom later formed Luscious Jackson). The Polly Wog Stew EP gained them some attention, as did gigs opening for the likes of Bad Brains and the Misfits.

Berry departed the band and was replaced by Adam Horovitz (Ad-Rock). Around the same time, the crew put together a song called “Cookie #@#$,

First time ever to post a RIP....

Such a huge part of so many peoples adolescent years.

damn.. RIP. wasnt dude sitting out from going on tour a few years ago because of cancer? Thought I read somewhere he'd recovered.. thts a damn shame, Hello Nasty is my %@@%

I'm heartbroken right now.

My favorite Beastie...

I still have the emails they sent out....

gsaldjhk.b;dghkg;tr8'od777

R.I.P. MCA, Beastie Boys are one of my favorite musical acts ever and I'm so glad I got to seem them live many times, always put on a great show. Also MCA, Mike D, and Ad-Rock were one of the few hip hop artists you saw grow up and mature through the years going from some party animals all about drinking, getting high, and just causing trouble to married men fighting for human rights.

[color= rgb(255, 255, 0)]Here's a little sorry I had to tell about 3 bad brotha's you know so well....[/color]

RIP MCA

My co-worker just told me this, literally, 2 minutes ago.

I guess he's getting me back for Junior Seau. I guess its true what they say, celeberties die in twos.

Damn...
One of the 1st tapes I bought with my own money as a youngin, was licensed to ill
Sad day in hip hop...condolences to his fam indeed
RIP MCA

another legend gone but not forgotten.
Rest In Peace MCA
you were great

The Run DMC/Beastie Boys tour was my first concert ever. Over the years, I think I've seen them 5-6 times. It's amazing how they evolved. Paul's Boutique (then Check Your Head) is my favorite album of theirs. It's a classic regardless of genre...

RIP MCA...Condolences go out to your family, friends, & the rest of the Beastie Boys...

Back
Top Bottom