Riot in Brooklyn over cops murdering 16 year old boy.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/...ncid=txtlnkushpmg00000016#038;ir=Black Voices
BROOKLYN — A candlelight vigil to mourn a 16-year-old boy who was fatally shot by police turned violent Monday evening, as frustrated attendees threw bottles at cops, broke shop windows and looted a Rite Aid, officials and sources said.

The 7 p.m. vigil started with heartfelt remembrances of Kimani Gray — who was shot and killed by two police officers in East Flatbush Saturday night after he allegedly pointed a .38 caliber pistol at them — but soon some of the teens at the vigil grew violent and began throwing trash cans, people who attended the event said.

By 8:30 p.m., "a large, disorderly group [began] throwing bottles at police" at Church Avenue and East 48th Street, a few blocks from the vigil, an NYPD source said.

As riot police filled the streets, the crowd also surged into the Rite Aid on Church Avenue near Albany Street and trashed it about 9:15 p.m., pulling items off the shelves and attacking the store manager, clerks and security guard, the FDNY said. The group stole some items from the store and cash from the register, sources said.

One man who had been assaulted and was bleeding from the head was rushed to Kings County Hospital in unknown condition, the FDNY said.

Some surrounding shop windows were smashed, sources said, as were the windows of a B35 bus, the Metropolitan Transportation Authority said, adding that no one connected with the bus was hurt.

when will all the police brutality stop :smh: all over the world its million of cases of this epidemic..serious to small but stil injustice RIP to the kid

Why was he shot though?
when will all the police brutality stop
mean.gif
all over the world its million of cases of this epidemic..serious to small but stil injustice RIP to the kid
it says he pointed a .38 at the cops...

16 and kid already had a pretty nice rap sheet.

the people saying it was brutality will show this picture of the kid..

then you visit kids facebook and you will see this..

Last edited:
Why was he shot though?

when will all the police brutality stop :smh: all over the world its million of cases of this epidemic..serious to small but stil injustice RIP to the kid

it says he pointed a .38 at the cops...

16 and kid already had a pretty nice rap sheet.

this. kid wanted to be about that life, and those people rioting are setting us back. yea i said it. i can't understand people sometimes...you're a dead man if u point a weapon at a cop. period. **** with all that candle light vigil ********. shorty wanted to be about the streets and got worked. its sad that there wasn't any guidance in his life to lead him on a straight path. other than that.....

i-aint-even-mad.jpg

Last edited:
If he aimed a .38 at the police, he got what he deserved.

Kid had got home from a baby shower he wasn't trying to point a pistol at any cops here y'all go with that garbage http://rt.com/usa/brooklyn-riot-police-protesters-127/ Also kid had left a baby shower so why would he have gun on him
True. People do leave their gun at home when attending certain types of gatherings.

Don't mind me, I don't know the whole story. Just turned off by the knee jerk reaction and need to label everything police brutality.

Last edited:
If he aimed a .38 at the police, he got what he deserved.
This.

I don't feel nearly as bad as I used to for these wannabe thugs who go around pointing guns at people and police like its nothing. They want to play that game and eventually they are going to lose.

And to all those people who were at the vigil and started the riot, looted the shops and such, they're all scum too. They're supposed to be mourning the death of a child and they use it as an excuse to victimize the property of other people like it is going to bring the kid back.  I hope everyone involved in that riot got locked up.

Last edited:
so which is it? i read a gun was recovered..im gonna do more research. i don't understand how this can be unclear either he had heat or didn't.

A Rohm Industry .38 caliber revolver was recovered from a 16-year-old who police shot down when he pointed it at officers on March 9, 2013, police said.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/03/11/kimani-gray-shot-killed-nypd-cops_n_2852751.html

Kid had got home from a baby shower he wasn't trying to point a pistol at any cops here y'all go with that garbage http://rt.com/usa/brooklyn-riot-police-protesters-127/ He was running from the cops and they still shot him some of y'all showing your true colors..http://www.blackyouthproject.com/20...d-killed-by-undercover-cops-in-new-york-city/

those unofficial black blog sites are biased as ****. i got got by that last week when they posted about a mother getting jailed for sending her kid to an out of her district school. turns out she was also moving weight and had a rap sheet. the site never mentioned that tho.

Last edited:
Kid had got home from a baby shower he wasn't trying to point a pistol at any cops here y'all go with that garbage http://rt.com/usa/brooklyn-riot-police-protesters-127/ He was running from the cops and they still shot him some of y'all showing your true colors..http://www.blackyouthproject.com/20...d-killed-by-undercover-cops-in-new-york-city/
real spit.

low key, its a race war right here on NT.

a lot of ppl on here love hearing this kind of stuff happen to young black males.

This.

I don't feel nearly as bad as I used to for these wannabe thugs who go around pointing guns at people and police like its nothing. They want to play that game and eventually they are going to lose.

And to all those people who were at the vigil and started the riot, looted the shops and such, they're all scum too. They're supposed to be mourning the death of a child and they use it as an excuse to victimize the property of other people like it is going to bring the kid back.  I hope everyone involved in that riot got locked up.

i swear ya'll are remedial. 
mean.gif

the rioting is to bring attention to the subject.

you dont know anything about history do you?

Last edited:
real spit.
a lot of ppl on here love hearing this kind of stuff happen to young black males.

This.

i swear ya'll are remedial. :smh:
the rioting is to bring attention to the subject.
you dont know anything about history do you?
Give me a break.

real spit.

Eh. If you point a gun at an officer they're going to shoot at you. It's just that simple

Did they actually find a gun on the victim though? If so then he gets no sympathy from me, if it's just another case of "phantom negro weapons" then :smh:

^^ is that statement not as dumb as any racists statement? Can't preach life yet spew hate, just makes you look foolish

To the "kill yourself" statement

Last edited:
:lol: :lol:

Cops should've shot the gun out the boys hand.

And :lol: at the rioting and stealing, I'm sure it was out of memory for the boy and not the free stuff and money.
THIS WOULD BE TRUE BUT THEY SHOOT TO KILL UNFORTUNETLY

And :lol: at the rioting and stealing, I'm sure it was out of memory for the boy and not the free stuff and money.
Nah, it's to bring attention to the subject, of course...

Cause these types of riots really do make a difference and help the relationship between officers and minorities.

iswydt. well said.

THIS WOULD BE TRUE BUT THEY SHOOT TO KILL UNFORTUNETLY

strong avy to thread content relation..

Last edited:
real spit.

I'm glad somebody sees it.

He adjusted his waistband in a suspicious manner? Hmmmm sounds a lot like the thousands of black males that were searched and arrested unconstitutionally using NYPD's stop n frisk.

Back
Top Bottom